Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

World's fastest stock turbo no n2o srt goes down..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you won drag radial to drag radial on even tires, you would probabily win slick to slick to!!! good job 12,2 is good for a neon but dont begin to think LS1s have a hard time comming up with a 12 second passes at the track. My friend has a neon that outran a few modded LS1s, he just has a boost controller, tuneing, exhaust, nitrous, and BFG drag radials. Theres a pic of his car in my sig.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

Now it's time to swap clutch and rearend then get to the track and see what this turd can really do. Personally I think the 3.42's are hurting a bit. The plan is a spooled 12bolt w/ 4.10's running on e/t streets w/ skinnies up front. As far as a clutch I am watching this textralia "aussie" cutch. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SStheBest
lol u hate those neons...dont u unit
Yes sir!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

what i meant to say was...

i can trap 123 mph and run a 12.0 on DR's
and i can trap a 123 mph and run a 13.0 on street tires.

sure it's the same car moving, but from a stop it isn't...your 12 sec. car just became a 13 sec car.

that's why i never run slicks at the track, it means ****, you're never out on slicks therefore it matters not what the car runs on slicks (per Dasmopar's case)
Old 03-26-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by robino

sure it's the same car moving, but from a stop it isn't...your 12 sec. car just became a 13 sec car.

that's why i never run slicks at the track, it means ****, you're never out on slicks therefore it matters not what the car runs on slicks (per Dasmopar's case)
Actually I have a few friends that drive around on slicks, one kid I went to high school with never took his street slicks off. Nice kill on the skittle though.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Point being.....
Radial to Radial= NEON LOSS
DR to DR= NEON LOSS
Slick to Slick= NEON LOSS
Old 03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

then what the heck do you go for the track for? save your money for some better street tires.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

You must have a horrific 60' even on drag radials..... Grandma coud run 11's with a 123mph trap....You sure your trapping 123mph???
Old 03-27-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Nice kill...BTW. I think the worlds fastest Pinto is around 6 seconds as well. But
Old 03-27-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill

And I call on someone running a 12.2 suddenly becoming a 13 second car with BFG's. That would be a .5+ increase in 60 footer times and slicks aren't *that* much better on a 12 second car. On an 800 HP car? Yea, but not a 300 HP car.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Nice kill

And I call on someone running a 12.2 suddenly becoming a 13 second car with BFG's. That would be a .5+ increase in 60 footer times and slicks aren't *that* much better on a 12 second car. On an 800 HP car? Yea, but not a 300 HP car.
I concur I smell quite a bit of BS...
Old 03-27-2005, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Nice kill

I would say its possible...... if your comparing DRs on a FRONT wheel drive on the street to slicks at the track. I would say there is a considerable difference, .8 maybe. Front wheel drives are not known for their weight distribution, so they rely on tire adhesion....the better the adhesion the better the 60ft= ET
DRs to slicks at the track I would say a little difference not .8!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Since most people don't run around on the street on slicks (since they're illegal), it's a moot point. Most cars aren't capable of running their track times on the street for various reasons (tire choice & air presure, octane, weight reduction, etc.). On the street it's "run what ya brung" and "thebandit" brought more that night. How about some props for the guy?

Nice kill!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

I would say its possible...... if your comparing DRs on a FRONT wheel drive on the street to slicks at the track. I would say there is a considerable difference, .8 maybe.
finally, a guy that spends "some" time at the track and knows the deal...

front drives rely hugely on traction.
my experience has been from stock 205's to 225's proxy t1s' a gain of .5 of a second.
from 225 t1s's to 225 bfg dr's another .4 of a second. I never tried slicks, i see no reason for them, i'll never ride around town with slicks on, so they mean nothing to me, sure i can go faster but...they come off when i go out anyway.

with front drives it's all in the launch. With DR's you can dump it at 3500 rpms and come out spinning a little then hook, spin a little in second then hook, spin a little in third then hook, then spray...then spin a little more, then hook, shift fourth and a couple secs later you're through.

with street tires (non DR's) it's spin off the line coming off idle and keep spinning through third gear, top of third you finally get traction and go on to the end. Huge diff. in ET's, about the same trap.

On a roll...highway speeds say, 60mph or so, it's ok to run against someone with street tires, unless you spray instantly.

I thought i had problems with traction until i rode in a 700+whp Supra yesterday, he has traction problems at 90mph. and at around 110 or so he stopped going sideways and slingshotted like he launched it off the line.

You guys take your rwd's for granted.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Is it just me or aren't supras rwd too? seeing how your point is us taking rwd for granted, your car having traction problems w/ the fwd. Then to back up your claim you use a rwd supra spinning tires at 90mph?
Old 03-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

And SRT-4 guys take their 2900 curb weight for granted, so what.

We all know the disadvantages of FWD, but Dasmopar chose his own weapon. I give him props for being willing to run from a dig.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

finally, a guy that spends "some" time at the track and knows the deal...

front drives rely hugely on traction.
my experience has been from stock 205's to 225's proxy t1s' a gain of .5 of a second.
from 225 t1s's to 225 bfg dr's another .4 of a second. I never tried slicks, i see no reason for them, i'll never ride around town with slicks on, so they mean nothing to me, sure i can go faster but...they come off when i go out anyway.

with front drives it's all in the launch. With DR's you can dump it at 3500 rpms and come out spinning a little then hook, spin a little in second then hook, spin a little in third then hook, then spray...then spin a little more, then hook, shift fourth and a couple secs later you're through.

with street tires (non DR's) it's spin off the line coming off idle and keep spinning through third gear, top of third you finally get traction and go on to the end. Huge diff. in ET's, about the same trap.

On a roll...highway speeds say, 60mph or so, it's ok to run against someone with street tires, unless you spray instantly.

I thought i had problems with traction until i rode in a 700+whp Supra yesterday, he has traction problems at 90mph. and at around 110 or so he stopped going sideways and slingshotted like he launched it off the line.

I am glad you summed up why neons and all the other import junk are and never will be sport cars. Thank you sir.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by thebandit
Is it just me or aren't supras rwd too? seeing how your point is us taking rwd for granted, your car having traction problems w/ the fwd. Then to back up your claim you use a rwd supra spinning tires at 90mph?
That would be call insane turbocharged power!!!!

Edit* That is why a lot of turbo racers use AWD!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmMscl
I would say its possible...... if your comparing DRs on a FRONT wheel drive on the street to slicks at the track. I would say there is a considerable difference, .8 maybe. Front wheel drives are not known for their weight distribution, so they rely on tire adhesion....the better the adhesion the better the 60ft= ET
DRs to slicks at the track I would say a little difference not .8!
That is all well and good but I am not comparing street to strip. I am comparing strip to strip and street to street.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gloveperson: It was my impression that he was on the street, with the DRs, during this race.........
Originally Posted by thebandit
at the local makeshift 1/4th mile and got two runs in.
Sounds like a street race....NO ETs posted for passes??????