Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I am really disapointed in my LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How in the world do you have a 2002 with only 9500 miles on it, It must have sat on the lot for a while or you just dont drive that much.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

i believe the evo won. If you launched the **** out of it. I bet off the launch he put 3-4 cars on him.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99z20ate
i believe the evo won. If you launched the **** out of it. I bet off the launch he put 3-4 cars on him.
Exactly what happened, The evo was banging the rev limiter and dropped the clutch, it smelled like **** but he balled out. I work with both of the guys and im just as surprised. I walked in talking **** about how the EVO was gonna get its *** handed to him and DAMN did I ever eat my words. The vette launched without brake stalling at all and had the ASM on (I know that makes a difference but we practiced launched the vette a few times and it got pretty sideways without it) The kid driving was not really good but still, its an auto, after the launch just point straight and keep it to the ground. Not BS, I would love to tell the story the other way but thats how it went down.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:35 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by BooBsRGR8
Exactly what happened, The evo was banging the rev limiter and dropped the clutch, it smelled like **** but he balled out. I work with both of the guys and im just as surprised. I walked in talking **** about how the EVO was gonna get its *** handed to him and DAMN did I ever eat my words. The vette launched without brake stalling at all and had the ASM on (I know that makes a difference but we practiced launched the vette a few times and it got pretty sideways without it) The kid driving was not really good but still, its an auto, after the launch just point straight and keep it to the ground. Not BS, I would love to tell the story the other way but thats how it went down.
fair enough.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

well lets see...Turbo and higher elevation, Transmission gearing, Ring and Pinion, weight, and TRACTION! the odd's are against you really, he couldnt have beat you all that bad though. And your under the assumption he is completely stock.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsz28
How the f*ck can a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution beat a 2002 z28???

My car: 2002 z28 A4, 9500 miles on it. Still under factory warranty.
Mods = Everything is stock except for Magnaflow cat back, SLP lid, bellows & K & N filter.

We went from about 50.
Being an A4, you want to avoid racing from a roll, especially on the highway (unless you have something like a TP4200). 50mph is probably the worst mph to race from in a stock stall. Normally A4's have the advantage from a dig, but since the Evo is awd, it would still be tough to beat him.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Launching!

Ran a brand new black evo about 3 mts ago not much of a race. He's at a red light and I was behind him, he punchs it and I waited a few seconds so I had room to get in the ajoining lane and by the time I hit 3rd gear I was about 2 bus lengths ahead. Waited for to see if the " evo" wanted more but he shook his head no......
Old 03-26-2005, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99FRCTorchRed
Ran a brand new black evo about 3 mts ago not much of a race. He's at a red light and I was behind him, he punchs it and I waited a few seconds so I had room to get in the ajoining lane and by the time I hit 3rd gear I was about 2 bus lengths ahead. Waited for to see if the " evo" wanted more but he shook his head no......
So now we're even
Old 03-27-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Mitisubitchies are great, I wish I had a dollar for every miti i saw burning oil. That one was not stock so do not get too disappointed, there are numerous modded cars, yes even neons that will have no problem with a stock Ls1....

Last edited by cantdrv65; 03-27-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:40 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Mitisubitchies are great, I wish I had a dollar for every miti i saw burning oil. That one was not stock so do not get too disappointed, there are numerous modded cars, yes even neons that will have no problem with a stock Ls1....
yeah ur right, LS1's dont burn oil ....
Old 03-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Staging Lane

why does this post sound like a newb???
first of all, stock for stock off the line its a drivers race, from a roll the evo is dead.
the a4 while a little slower isnt taht much slower, 50 mph is not the best speed to start from, but u should know that. how can u own an ls1 and not know where to start a roll race??? cant u feel ur stuck in the bottom of gear???? next ur gonna say u lost to a gt from 35 mph....

anyway, he wasnt stock..
Old 03-27-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by deetsnai
Exactly what I was going to post...

This post wreaks of noobness. 1) Never assume anybody is stock. Even after examining a motor yourself, there are still people who successfully hide nitrous that's impossible to find with just a quick look-over (I believe xPhantomws6x used to do it). 2) Evos, STIs, and skittles are not to be underestimated (unless you're making 450+ rwhp), they can be modded to run some very good times for what they are.

PS - If you're that disappointed in your car, you can give it to me. I'll fix that little Evo problem for you.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by deetsnai
first of all, stock for stock off the line its a drivers race, from a roll the evo is dead.
the a4 while a little slower isnt taht much slower, 50 mph is not the best speed to start from, but u should know that. how can u own an ls1 and not know where to start a roll race??? cant u feel ur stuck in the bottom of gear???? next ur gonna say u lost to a gt from 35 mph....

anyway, he wasnt stock..
No need for condescension.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by unit213
How do you know he was stock?
Lots of fast cars cruise the Schaumburg area. Odds are he wasn't stock (with the possibility he was fairly well modded). If you cruise the Schaumburg area on a regular basis and make less than 350hp at the wheels, you better get used to seeing taillights.....alot.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:44 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by robino
stupid replies like this guy...
dude, how do you know the other guy ain't making over 400 at the wheels, in a car that weighs 800 lbs less than your anchor?

i come here to amuse myself reading through these posts...honest.
reading your posts amuses me, since you tell people not to get bent out of shape, but you're clearly irritated yourself.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

his car is not stock, ive read in other threads that they jump you off the start (all wheel drive) but an ls1 eventually starts to pull up top. his **** isn't stock. i raced an STI and stuck with him til about120 and we let off. there is no way in hell that a stock evo could hang with you.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:52 AM
12 Second Club

oh, and apparently there is an ecu upgrade for the evo that you can download off an internet website and upload into your obd2 port and SUPPOSEDLY gives you 30-40 hp. This is what my ricer pals have told me. dont know how much truth there is to it. if thats the case then, **** it doesn't take much to give them hp gains.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

stupid replies like this guy...
dude, how do you know the other guy ain't making over 400 at the wheels, in a car that weighs 800 lbs less than your anchor?

i come here to amuse myself reading through these posts...honest.
That was meant more for the STI and Evo since they have problems putting it all to the ground.

Lemme guess, you're a skittle driver. How does it feel to have no *****?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:55 PM
NKAWTG...N

there's Evo's with 10K in motor work pushing 500whp, you're gonna get spanked pretty bad racing one of them, then come here and tell your story only to get even stupider replies about you losing due to altitude and what you had to eat for breakfast.

If the guy walked you like you were sitting still, well he had something considerable done, that's it. Move on to the next time you get spanked.

with 10k you can you make an fbody smack the **** out of an evo so whats your point? h/c/i+n2o+12bolt. hello 10's. and you'll still have plenty of money left over.

i agree the altitude argument is useless because all cars perform worse with a higher DA. I also think that the evo was modded. The man lost, don't blame it on your stock ls1, blame it on the modded evo.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by enisguy
That was meant more for the STI and Evo since they have problems putting it all to the ground.

Lemme guess, you're a skittle driver. How does it feel to have no *****?