Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Banged out a Red LS1 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Banged out a Red LS1 WS6

Hey guys. New here. This one is going to be long. Been reading for a while and I think we should at least give vtechatch some props for actually doing something to make his car what it is. Nothing makes me madder than to have a ricer only equiped with fart can and stickers roll up next me and think he's got something going on under the hood. vtechatch at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about and knows what he wants out of the performance of his car. I think it's cool he wants to talk with the big boys. It's kind of like having a little brother around.
Sorry to ramble but I need to stick my kill story in. Call me stupid but thought that all of the newer Cobras had super chargers in them. I thought that was the only way for Ford to have a super car. Oh well anyway. I've always been scared of them because of that so I never raced them in my stock 99 Z. Finally I was talking to my friend one day who has a 95 Cobra but super soooooped up, and he tells me that he's part of the LS1tech.com becasue he loves the LS1 power. Anyway, after telling me that the LS1 is such a badass motor, most stock Cobras won't have a chance I decided to take the chance when this 01 rolled up next to me. He was looking for me too. He was bobbing and weavin through traffic just to get next me. He got next to me, reved, and took off. I dropped it into 4th and passed him easy. We were both hauling ***. I think he would have been able to hang a little better if he was stick but he was auto. I got up to about 120 the first time then I dropped back down to 75 and waited for him to catch up. Crappy thing, he comes back and doesn't even slow down to make it even. Needless to say I caught him again. This time I was running around 135 and was still leaving him behind. Oh well. I need to get off this thing before I keep on. Talk to you guys later.