Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

R1!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Busaboy just as you are saying these bikes are capable of these numbers...........I'm willing to accept! But lots of bikes and lots of inexperience= bad times or poor competion
Any given day it could go either way Bike or car..........too many variables
Agree?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm willing to let this one die, i'm just showing you the other side of the argument. For someone who is far from inexperienced with bikes and cars you do seem to be pretty uninformed on the new crop of bikes that's been out for the last 2 or 3 years.

FYI, my average around town R6 will have the straps and lowering links ready in the garage for strip use. Only takes about 30 min to change out the dogbone and strap the bike. I spend more time than that getting the GTO prepped for the track.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just don't know what to say..........most run ins I have are from a roll , but I have beaten 2 (600s) from a stop ( I did steal a move) but never saw the bike and at 130 started to walk away even harder.
It takes 30 min to strap/ lower how is that gonna work, when your just cruising and roll up on a car thats ready to go.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AmMscl
I just don't know what to say..........most run ins I have are from a roll , but I have beaten 2 (600s) from a stop ( I did steal a move) but never saw the bike and at 130 started to walk away even harder.
It takes 30 min to strap/ lower how is that gonna work, when your just cruising and roll up on a car thats ready to go.
I don't street race.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
Did you walk up and slap the crap out of the owner of the Z06 after seeing that?
It was a 40yo guy trying to learn to drive a stick. He needed to get the taste slapped out of his mouth.

I can't believe the direction this thread has taken.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:24 AM
Teching In

@ ammscl
yep,agree,too many variables involved.and if the rider sucks,he sucks,and the car has the right to brag,no matter how bad a rider the other was.thats the street rules.but car guys,why does noone post a death to a bike over here?never seen such a thread.before i was in bikes years ago i got killed like i was standing still in my gmc typhoon.haha,back then i tought i was the hottest number on the street.dont even know what bike it was,something yellow,****** loud and ******* fast.i have to admit,he scared the **** out of me when he reeled me in(he obviously gave me the jump).something i will never ever forget.then with my former l98 transam 150shot,one biker with gf as passenger walked me on ONE wheel.crazy.
i personally never ran into a bike i could hang with.(ok,my cars were probably all 13sec cars,hehe)