Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not that I approve street racing......

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of the best races round here are preset or done at a meet...but i did have some guy in a blown foxbody here about me and he told one of my friends (whom he works with) that he will kill me, anytime and anywhere. long story short...hes ONLY blown, nothing else...no supporting mods what so ever...and he never showed up. lol.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I did get to run someone yesterday. It wasn't a LS1 or LT1 it ended up being a STi. He had down pipe, cat-back, and engine management. He also was sporting a sweet set if wheels and a TEIN suspension.

Well here's the story.... I was heading home like every other day, when I see a black debadged STi. I clearly know it's a STi with the wing and brakes. It had a nice deep boxer rumble like no other car has. So, he pulls past me and gets only two or so cars ahead. I see him getting off at our exit to head north. I get a chance to pull out and get beside him. I gave him a big smile and say sweet ride. He smiles back and ask how much boost I'm running(he saw my gagues on the pillar). I reply about 18psi, so he smiles and says "me too." So next we just chat while driving down the highway at like 40. We finally get into traffic so we are yelling to eachother about what we each had. So he says lets run real quick. I agree but nothing outragous since ther was some traffic. He says go on three and puts up his fingers. I was in 2nd as was he, then the count off began. I mash the gas on the three and we're off. I ended uo pulling out the win by about 3/4 of a car legnth. This was due to the fact that I had a header and he didn't. The run was probably from 20mph to 50 or 60. The guy was cool and we went our seprate ways. Over all I was proud of my set up.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Way to do it!
Old 04-29-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
i might have a race coming up with an Evo that supossedly has a few mods. he's already beaten a pretty much stock auto ls1 z28 by like a fender at 120.

i plan on running him from zero and have an idea that this kid doesnt know his elbo from is *******. my question is this, what kinda 60's do those cars turn? think he can move out harder than me on 315 nittos w/ 4.11's in a 12 bolt?
If those nittos hook up on the launch, he doesn't have a chance out of the whole, and you won't even need to look back. It's going to keep on walking.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
If those nittos hook up on the launch, he doesn't have a chance out of the whole, and you won't even need to look back. It's going to keep on walking.

That's Ok. If he doesn't beat that damn rice with the 12 bolt and 4.11's......I'll do it with my STOCK 10 bolt and 3.42.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by setxws6
That's Ok. If he doesn't beat that damn rice with the 12 bolt and 4.11's......I'll do it with my STOCK 10 bolt and 3.42.
ROFL!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 03:38 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by setxws6
woohoo! at least someone has my back!

i forgot about this thread, no race against the Evo yet

he wont have to be all that fast to beat me if my transmission never goes into 3rd gear
Old 05-04-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Let's do it!