Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

When will they ever learn?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04srt4
yup and considering with a good driver she'll do 13s bone stock out of the factory it's got the power to back it up.

Oh and to the haters....you're right, we drive neons... the SRT's are fast enough to cause big problems for GT's, 350z's, EVO's (from a roll), as well as STi's, and Cobra's (with a few mods). Those are proven facts, I'll gladly post video proof where available... but I doubt that'd do any good convincing you guys of anything.
Man, i must have missed the memo.... I have a friend with a formula firebird that raced a "modded" SRT here in oklahoma. At the time the firebird had a stall and a set of mid-length hedders and a filter. This "way fast skittle" followed him out of town and took off from a 25 punch only to be trying very hard to chase down a set of tail lights that was a good three-four cars in front of him. This skittle was packing a BOV, stage 3 manifold, boost controller, full manga flow exhaust,header, springs, stage 3 clutch and fly, short throw, intake with k&n, injectors, wires and plugs, and some little thing with lights on it that plugged in to make him "fast", and a set of drag radials in the front. so i guess im missing where these things are supposed to be fast. but you know what do i know about fast i drive a crotch rocket!.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Teching In

LOL...anything can happen on the streets but go look at the timeslips they put up. Stock is 98-101mph with ETs in the 14.0-14.2 range (13s like I said if a good driver...rare). Obviously due to traction they usually ET shitty (best I've seen is low 11s), however the MPH shows they are no jokes once the mods start coming in. Just a simple upgraded turbo can put them in the high 110s/low 120s range. That's a powerful car for a daily driven 4-banger if you ask me.

Here...knock yourself out

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/timeslips.php

Remember these are just 4-banger econocars that are designed to just be fun competition to the import tuning crowd. It's not a drag car (wrong wheel drive for starts) but the numbers are pretty damn impressive for what it is.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 AM
TECH Junkie

For what they are, they're great...
Wait a sec... We're speaking too soon. The car just came out recently...
Wait some more years and talk to SRT-4 drivers in the future (2007-8?).
Then you'll know if they are well-built cars.
Not now, though.
That's the real test

Yeah, in '98 when LS1's were out, they were the Shiznit.
Now, having owned one since '02, I realize that interior falls apart as well as other stuff, too.

But, the LS1 engine and drivetrain is of the highest quality, proven by time. Can't find any better!