Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by the police

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jesus christ some of you people have chip on your shoulder. i know ignorance is no excuse, but it couldn't hurt to try.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:02 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up Nice!

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
I know I'll get flamed for this but I do not care. Cops are worthless and have proven it to the public many times. If the terrorists are going to hit something on our soil, why in the hell can't it be police stations/cop cars? I know there are probably 1 out of 100 cops at best that are cool so it would be too bad for them but I consider the rest of them to be crooked, if not terrorists themselves. They are like government puppets on a string that can't think for themselves at all. If someone doesn't want to wear their seatbelt or get pounded by the sun while driving (tint) then that should be okay. The ******' idiot cop shouldn't make every attempt to destroy your day because of something a politician thinks will buy him his next Viper or yacht. Meanwhile the cop continues to make like $30,000 a year at best in a lot of places. ******' idiots. Too bad donuts won't give them a heart attack any faster than they do. Do the cops and politicians give a **** if you drink and drive? Of course not. They are eager to fine the living **** out of you or permanently revoke your driving privileges. Since they know you'll pay the fines in order to keep driving they pull you over. It is all about money. It always has been and, sadly, it always will be.
Well said,you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thank you. I figured that since this is a "fast car" board that there would be plenty of people who understand my frustration. If I hijacked the thread I didn't mean to but when I see something involving **** head police work I haveto speak my mind. I mean, what if the guy doing 15 over would have caused a wreck a couple miles down the road and killed people? Meanwhile ******** has a guy pulled over because his windows are too dark. I feel sorry for you man and I would do my best to get it deferred or something if it were me. Their idea about buying tint and taking it in there with you to court is a good one. The only thing you'd need to do is cut the tint to match your windows and make it look like its been on a window before somehow. I bet that would probably work.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Thank you. I figured that since this is a "fast car" board that there would be plenty of people who understand my frustration. If I hijacked the thread I didn't mean to but when I see something involving **** head police work I haveto speak my mind. I mean, what if the guy doing 15 over would have caused a wreck a couple miles down the road and killed people? Meanwhile ******** has a guy pulled over because his windows are too dark.
What if the cop pulled over the speeder and let the window tint go and the window tint guy had a warrant or narcotics in his posession with intent to distribute? This scenario is just as much possible as the scenario you are presenting. You can't catch everybody, but we do our best.

Also to answer your earlier question as to why certain people would like to harm me. These are the same people that think they should be able to sell crack on every street corner in the city. They should be able to break the law to their hearts desire. They're called criminals. I'm guessing you would like to harm an officer by the way you speak but thank goodness you aren't the norm. Most people realize what would happen if there weren't any police.

Last edited by rubber duck; 07-28-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you. I figured that since this is a "fast car" board that there would be plenty of people who understand my frustration. If I hijacked the thread I didn't mean to but when I see something involving **** head police work I haveto speak my mind. I mean, what if the guy doing 15 over would have caused a wreck a couple miles down the road and killed people? Meanwhile ******** has a guy pulled over because his windows are too dark. I feel sorry for you man and I would do my best to get it deferred or something if it were me. Their idea about buying tint and taking it in there with you to court is a good one. The only thing you'd need to do is cut the tint to match your windows and make it look like its been on a window before somehow. I bet that would probably work.
ignorance of the law isn't an excuse to break it....in reference to claiming that you didn't knwo it was illegal.

for the love of god..just take responsibilty for your actions...this is what is wrong with america...you know its against the law..you do it anyway...pay the ticket. and if it bothers you that it is illegal..do something about it. Nobody wants to take responsibilty for what they do wrong anymore...its insane.

no **** cops just right tickets....how do you figure half the **** is paid by the township? through tickets....if they didn't right tickets...taxes wqould be even higher. but cops also help people...like in accidents...robberys....lost children...ect.

oh..i also know i asked you if you'd call 911 before...if you had a kid...and they were missing..you wouldn't report it to the police?
Old 07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

NWA said it best... F*ck The Police!.....
Old 07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZFan88
NWA said it best... F*ck The Police!.....
How long did it take you to vomit up that nugget of knowledge? Go you!
Old 07-28-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rubber duck
What if the cop pulled over the speeder and let the window tint go and the window tint guy had a warrant or narcotics in his posession with intent to distribute? This scenario is just as much possible as the scenario you are presenting. You can't catch everybody, but we do our best.

Also to answer your earlier question as to why certain people would like to harm me. These are the same people that think they should be able to sell crack on every street corner in the city. They should be able to break the law to their hearts desire. They're called criminals. I'm guessing you would like to harm an officer by the way you speak but thank goodness you aren't the norm. Most people realize what would happen if there weren't any police.
Looking at it from a civilian point of view I would much rather have a drug dealer loose on the streets than a violent car wreck that sends me to the hospital. Why? Because I am smart enough to not use drugs. If someone isn't then I view it as their individual problem, not Uncle Sam's excuse to make billions of dollars off of it. Besides, just because someone has tinted windows doesn't mean that they are a criminal. Having that attitude could easily bring a law suit against the department if you guys aren't careful. Especially if the driver happens to have skin "of color". I realize that there are hardened criminals out there and I appreciate what you guys do to stop them. If you look at the statistics though, you'll see that law enforcement only stops a small fraction of criminal activity. I never have nor will ever have any intention of harming anyone, not even police officers. However, I do feel that if they spent their time wisely on non-money making offenses that we as a society would be safer and happier. If they did that then I doubt they'd have a whole lot of time for seatbelt and tint tickets.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
ignorance of the law isn't an excuse to break it....in reference to claiming that you didn't knwo it was illegal.

for the love of god..just take responsibilty for your actions...this is what is wrong with america...you know its against the law..you do it anyway...pay the ticket. and if it bothers you that it is illegal..do something about it. Nobody wants to take responsibilty for what they do wrong anymore...its insane.

no **** cops just right tickets....how do you figure half the **** is paid by the township? through tickets....if they didn't right tickets...taxes wqould be even higher. but cops also help people...like in accidents...robberys....lost children...ect.

oh..i also know i asked you if you'd call 911 before...if you had a kid...and they were missing..you wouldn't report it to the police?
As I've said before in this thread, wrong and illegal are often two totally different things. If my child was kidnapped I damn sure wouldn't call the police first. I'd try to get the FBI if I could and if they decided to alert my local authorities then I'd leave it up to them. I damn sure wouldn't put my trust in my local police department to find my child. Back to laws...I've always liked this quote by Thomas Jefferson: "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

I feel obligated to at least bitch about the laws. To the original poster, maybe you should check your local laws regarding tint, and then go buy some of that "limo tint" or whatever of the LEGAL percentage or slightly higher. Then cut out pieces of the limo tint to match the windows in your car. That way you can crumple it up and make it sticky or whatever to make it look like it was on your car and you took it off. Take the cut out tint to court along with the rest of the roll in the box to show the judge that the manufacturer specified 25% or whatever on the box. Even have them test it to make sure. I'm not an attorney yet but this should be grounds for dismissal. This way it will be one cop's word against a patented window tint manufacturer's instead of yours. I hope this works out for you but please let us know what happens.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Quote:
Most people realize what would happen if there weren't any police.

My rebuttal:
Not without police...WITH BETTER POLICE!

I think most people in this thread are realizing what our county would
be like with better police. A police force for the people, by the people.
Not a police force for the gov't and by the gov't. There is no police to
"police the police." And in that respect, they are above the law.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

I think many cops go to the police academy just to get a job. As a result there are many crooked cops and the majority of them believe they are above the law. There are few that go to the academy because they care about protecting the streets and the people living on them. I've seen a cop on three different occassions speeding with their lights on just to drive into the el pollo loco drive thru, jack in the box drive thru and mcdonalds drive thru? Come on now? Yeah, Im human and after seeing things like that its only normal to lose some respect for them. I think cops look at their jobs less significantly than maybe cops 10 years ago. There are good cops but they are not as easily recognized as there are far more bad ones.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by rubber duck
How long did it take you to vomit up that nugget of knowledge? Go you!
Nugget of knowledge?? I see we have a winner on our hands. But to answer your question.....I just repeteaded what your wife told me last night, sorry
Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweetz28, did you see my suggestion above? I know it would take time and money to do it but I doubt it would be more expensive than paying the fine and court fees.

Some people just don't get it I guess. The majority of the US population believes that we as a nation are free. The truth is that we are not free, just the MOST free of any other country in the world. If this was a truly free country we would have much less bullshit laws to abide by. I'm not completely liberal though, still believe that there should be laws against robbery, murder, vandalism, rape, big time drug dealers, etc. but ******* window tint? That isn't free at all. And if the cops did what they were supposed to and refused to enforce these "room temperature IQ" laws then people wouldn't want to shoot them as often. Sure you'd still have the crack addicts and thieves that would try to shoot cops but they will always exist. Police existence just minimizes it somewhat.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZFan88
Nugget of knowledge?? I see we have a winner on our hands. But to answer your question.....I just repeteaded what your wife told me last night, sorry
There's no way I can compete with a cunning linguist such as yourself. Have a good one great warrior of the keyboard.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Teching In

I like all the ideas about bringing in the tint all crumpled up.. but i have to wait a couple days just to find out how much the fine is... my best friends dad is an amazing lawyer and if the fine is tooo much he will take care of it no problem.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Default What?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but seriously, this immature high school attitude that is displayed towards law enforcement is rediculous. What ever happened to taking responsibility for your actions. I've been pulled over many times for speeding and other various things, but what I did was wrong wheather it was minor or not and never complained about it. And I don't believe for a second that most cops are corrupt and to say that all cops should be shot is just sick. But, then again, maybe I'm just writing to a bunch of teenage high schoolers who just don't get it.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

AMEN...

I said pretty much the same thing three pages ago and never phased a single person in this post...

Only responses are the cops are dicks and what to do to get around accepting responsibility for your actions...

Peace...Gman

Last edited by Gman2002Z06; 08-01-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Most people seem to forget that driving is a privilege and not a right.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

I got pulled over on Christmas Eve at 11:58 p.m. 5 years ago for the FACTORY Tint on my ex-wifes civic. The tint even had a little sticker that said 35% the cops little "tint reader" said 20%, plus I had my window half way down cause I was smoking a cig so the ******* cop could see in my car just fine. I was only 21 at the time and got pulled over all the time in both her civic and my T/A, guess cops just go after younger looking people.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Teching In

I am a cop, sorta. I'm a Military Police officer, that means im a soldier first and a cop second. I work the same job as a normal cop 50% of the time the other 50% is spent training and going to **** places (like Iraq for a year, got back in Janurary.) My job is to support my fellow soldiers and to enforce the law.

Today i issued a soldier a ticket for no front license plate on his washington state registered vehicle. He drove a 2000 blue trans am WS6. He told me the license plate looks tacky and he didnt want it on there. I own a pewter 2000 trans am WS6 and i have my WA state front plate on at all times. Does this law seem silly to me? Yes it does but belive it or not it serves a purpose. Tonight we had a domestic violence call where the husband fled after beating his wife. I was on liberty gate and i stopped and apprehended the husband because i saw his car BY THE WA STATE FRONT PLATE!

Laws seem silly at times and even stupid but they do exist for a reason. In a perfect world we wouldnt need tint laws or speed laws because everyone would act responsably and drive safe. But we dont and people do speed and they do kill others all the time. As a law enforcment officer i obey the laws at all times as do my fellow MP's because that is our DUTY. To set the example for others. I give citations for seatbelts because i don't want you to DIE that simple. Yes that seat belt might be uncomfertable but when that drunk driver slams into you while your doing everything else right youll thank god you wore it.

Also as for your friend not being pulled over for speeding, i have never pulled anyone over for this offense. Why? Because only our traffic officers have radar guns in their cars. Yes, not all cops have radar, usually only a small number do, and we can NOT enforce something we cant prove. We cant say just becuase we were doing 45 and he blew by us he was speeding, the only way we can stop him is if we do have radar.

There is a lot of anger here towards cops that i just dont understand. If you are treated badly or unjustly by all means complain. But becuase your window tint is illegal? Sorry i just cant sympathize. And then people suggest you lie to a judge to fix this problem? What if the judge asks to see your car or the cop does? Then youve commited purjery and instead of a small fine you face jail time. People please all we ask is do the right thing. If cant obey a law because it isnt feasable then just explain that, any good cop wont hound you for it, but dont use the excuse "well thats a dumb law" all that does is show your lack of caring for authority and the only way we can try to instill that caring in you is perhaps through a fine. Do the right thing and you wont have a worry in the world. Do the wrong thing and every time you see those lights in your mirror all youll think is "Damn they finlly got me for it".