Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by the police

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

just think. If we wernt here breaking the law. the cops wouldnt have a job. After they pull us over and give a ticket, we should get a review sheet to check off on the officers performance. after all we employ them. So if he just gave you a ticket for tinted windows. And lets say you have some other violation and he didnt mention (did he even check??). hes actually not doing his job. Go find something on your car illegal, mention it in court that the officer failed to inform you of it and if you drop the charges for the tint you wont have him written up for not doing his job right. LOL.. that would be cool. If hes going to be **** about the tint he should check everything. and not doing so only shows hes just doing it out of spite. if the same cops has dealt with you more than once. it is ironic no other cop has noticed your tint. just him. Whether its age/gender/ dress style or whatnot hes harrasing you. Id go file harrasment at the PD. **** with him right back. you might not get anywhere with it, but it will ruin his day as he did yours. Hes a cop but hes no better than you.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, when I tinted my T/A, the place showed me a few things and immediately asked if I wanted to stay legal. I went with 5 % because that's the legal limit in N.C. and most States. Now a buddy of mine back in NYC has a black Maxima with 25% tint. He got into a beef with a cop and the cop came around daily and ticketed my friend. When he got to court, the judge threw out all of the other tickets and kept the inital ticket. My friend payed the fine (the judge reduced it) and changed it to 5%. Now, as I understand, in New Jersey, cops and legally make you pull the tint off if it's beyond the legal limit.

Keep in mind, you're driving a car that automatically gets attention. Don't do anything that'll cause unnecessary attention like getting tints that are to dark. Some people and cops are haters and will do anything to break your *****.

As a former prosecuter, I suggest, being polite to the officer. Appologize, confess that you weren't aware and tell him that you'll change it immediately. In court, if the cop shows up, he might tell the judge of your remorse and it might get dismissed or reduced. And, if you bring in proof that you changed the tint to the legal level, it'll usually get dismissed. I've seen this happen on numerous times.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
Import Patrol

Hell I had to get atlease a 1/2 a dozen tickets fot my tints, but that car just don't look right with out them so, ticket away
Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06
Tell that to the guy that pulls out in front of you some night because his windows were tinted and his visibility was reduced...I know this is true, as when I was younger, I too liked the nice dark tint in the windows...Made my hopped up black GLH Turbo look really mean...But at night...YOU COULDN'T SEE FOR ****...

That's how it makes life safer for YOU and YOUR FAMILY...Or maybe it will be the family that you pull out in front of that doesn't get to ask the question of why you never saw them...

Peace...Gman
Where I live most people have their headlights on at night. I have 5% on my Camaro and I've NEVER had visibility issues. Why? Because for one thing I can see, and another is that my windows have the ability to roll down. I've never had a problem, even in the winter.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with Flexnutz, to a certain extent. I'm sure there are good cops out there, unfortunatly, I have never met them. Between cops not doing jack about my ex getting beat down by her dad whenever he felt like it, and the most recent ticket I got for "Failure to singal a lane change", I hate cops. I won't go into details as it would take too damn long, but reguardless of how silly a law may be, it is still the law. If you know it's illegal, don't do it unless you want to pay the price. Now as far as "ignorance of the law is no excuse" I call B.S. I don't see how it isn't. Example, if my tint is too dark, I didn't know it is, I get a ticket but then change my tint to where it is legal, I should get off. I didn't know it was, found out it is, and fixed it. What's the big deal? Some judges will dismiss it, some won't. Those that won't SHOULD be shot. Okay, not shot, but fired or SOMETHING. That just isn't right. Not everyone who breaks the law is doing it intentionally. Just my .02.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sitting here tripping out after reading this entire thread and it is amazing how many people "know the law" and still brake the law and BITCH about it. Now I will be the first to say that some of the laws are silly as hell. I will also admit that SOME OFFICERS are *** HOLES. But SOME of the people that have replied to this thread just seem to be that one person who always complain. If you get caught you want to talk about that other guy that got away. That same officer could let a speeder go with a warning and that same person speeds again and kill a family of four. Yes that **** happens too and that officer is blamed for not taking actions. Now is it the demenor of the officer that makes him a dicK? Probably so but its some people on this site that can also be called dicks because some people flame the hell out of someone for asking a question.

NOW DON'T GET IT TWISTED, some of these officers out here need to be FIRED and place in JAIL for some of the **** they do. Some don't do DICK and they give any working person a bad name but what most people forget is that even though they are officers they are human like me and you. You got *** holes in the PROSECUTOR'S office, Fortune 500 companies, hell COMCAST you name it. You got SLUGS in the MILITARY( those who have served know what I'm talking about)but we can't let them give all our soilders and sailors a bad name. When we don't get what we want we can always find something to complain about.

If you consider those that do their jobs by the book to be ****** then maybe your just not willing to take responsibility for your actions. Now in a perfect world when you make contact with an officer they would treat you like your parents and understand your every excuse and let you go with a warning. Us as drivers would also obey every law that we are aware of and be very appoligetic for the laws that we break. Well as we all know we don't live in a perfect world.

Now for all those who are saying **** like they hope officers get kill and things of that nature( [B]their is one person inparticular im talking to[/B]) that just shows how ignorant and immature your are. You claim to hate the police soooo much but it seems that you spend alot of time around them. Maybe your actions causes you to have to meet the police more frequently than most which may be the reason you HATE the police soo much. Now there are people on this fourm that has had ONLY ONE contact with the police and it was bad and I can understand their annomosity toward the police. But for those who break the law and get caught then bitch, you need to grow up and understand that there are consequences for all actions. Some are not good but most of us know that before we do what we do. LIKE STREET RACE or drive 150mph on the highway. And as you can see I included myself and if I get poped I will have to take it like a man because I know it's wrong from the start.

Last edited by Shoulder Shaker; 08-15-2005 at 07:06 AM.