Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

California to Crack Down on Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 12:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I could never live in Cali (other than the rediculous prices for houses). If we have a hard time passing emissions we just register it outside the county.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
This is why I could never live in Cali (other than the rediculous prices for houses). If we have a hard time passing emissions we just register it outside the county.
agreed, too many weirdos, and i could not handle the crazy amounts of ricers that would annoy me there....

now everyone kiss and make up c'mon
Old 08-05-2005, 03:25 AM
TECH Resident

Just another reason why not to live in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Now that I think about it, Ohio isn't such a bad place to live, winter sucks though.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Bikes are ten times as worse as cars for the cops. Bikes always run from the police. California is the MOD capital of cars as far as what you see and hear. There is no way as long as you have cat converters and mufflers or at least look like you do that California will get away with crap like that. There is such a money making industry in aftermarket parts that I just don't see the "Terminator use the schwartz" letting that happen.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Azrael
We'll have to set something up at Sacto.

But you better bring more than you currently have in your SS...
I would like to see this. I want to run my car too, since it hasn't been down the 1/4 mile yet... how about Infineon Raceway? Do they have a 1/4 mile track?

Edit:

I just went to the Infineon Raceway website and found this:

"TOP THE COPS: An added bonus for high school students is the "Top the Cops" program. This runs in conjunction with the Wednesday Night Drags and offers high school students the chance to race against local law enforcement officers, who will be driving their squad cars. The program is designed to help take illegal racing off the streets and bring it to a safe, legal and controlled environment. "

hahahah - seems perfect for this thread

Last edited by chrischiz79; 08-05-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

Where's Infineon Raceway exactly? I've heard the name. I'm about an hour north of Sac.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZFan88
Where's Infineon Raceway exactly? I've heard the name. I'm about an hour north of Sac.
It's somewhat between Novato and Vallejo/Napa, along HWY 37. Here's a map:

Go here for directions to Infineon
Old 08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

damn, that sucks.

They are trying to pass the california emmission requirements here in Maryland / DC area.

The auto makers are trying to stop it. They said that with the current pollution control in the cars today, it doesn't benefit anyone.

They said that California is no longer required either. However, it's all polical, it's making money, so that's why California still has theirs.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigbadblackws6
that is my reason for choseing florida over out west
No, Stay the **** out. We have too many of you down here already
Old 08-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Launching!

Default .

to cut down street racing, they just need to add more local drag strips.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly, ca smog is a money maker and that is why it will never change. There isn't anyone to oppose this. It's made to sound like woo woo we are protecting the environment and everyone gets sold on it. With todays technology all you really need to do is plug in the car and make sure that all the sensors/smog equipment are working and you should be done. Do you know how expensive it is to get a part CARB approved?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

1. I was just thinkin that Redneck Z is right CA smog is a money maker. Think of all the little grimy shitty places that rip people off and while their not doing that they make their money by smogging peoples cars.
2. I was also thinkin, I can sit on MacArthur by my house and every 30 seconds a car with some louder aftermarket exhaust will fly by. I DONT THINK THE COPS ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO ACTIVELY SPOT AFTERMARKET MODS, I THINK THIS JUST GIVES THEM ANOTHER REASON TO BUST US.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSmoked99
Hahaha you work for SFPD...Those are the types of cops i'm talkin about. SFPD are one of the most crooked cops ever. My friend is going to court right now cuz of SFPD beating the **** out of him for no reason and we got it on tape. So since you work for SFPD **** YOU BITCH! Say wassup to my friend who works for SFPD too his name is Todd and he's getting married this month I'm sure you know who he is
Sounds like a LOT of the guys I've busted.... noisy as hell when no one's in their face. They just like to hear themselves talk. Some people just never grow up. Probably drives an import, too.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Yeah man that blows. You need to move to the east coast or something. I live in louisville and you can run straight headers here and not really catch **** about it. My guess is that the ricers reuined it for everyone. Those ***** are crazy.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
QUOTE:thats just retarded. No law that gets passed is ever going to make me not mod a car. Emissions here is dumb enough, and now this ****

Even if they impounded your car and sold it at an auction. I've got to admit, that would do it for me.
HA HAH A....yeah...impound it from you and sell it at an auction to put it right back on the street...makes perfect sense...lol

that law is crap...so is california for that matter...state is screwed up as it is but hey, lets spend 5million showing cops what the differance is between manifolds and headers...thats very bright.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Damn right! I'm glad you don't find me hot then....seeing as you do live around a bunch of gays.
Yeah you would know too you fagget ***
Old 08-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 382WS6
Sounds like a LOT of the guys I've busted.... noisy as hell when no one's in their face. They just like to hear themselves talk. Some people just never grow up. Probably drives an import, too.
aHh another square back in highschool days that's now above the law and thinks he's a bad *** cuz he's a cop. You would jump on the wagon huh? don't drive no import, but maybe you do. So you bust people for talking loud? What typical bitch cop! You probably a cop that bust all black people cuz they wear jersey's, hats, etc. Hahaha! Your a real bad *** cop aren't ya
Old 08-08-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSmoked99
Yeah you would know too you fagget ***
So I guess everyone is a '****** ***' for knowing that there is a big gay population in San Fran...inlcuding you
Old 08-08-2005, 03:23 PM
Launching!

So I guess everyone is a '****** ***' for knowing that there is a big gay population in San Fran...inlcuding you
the BAY AREA is not just San Francisco dumb ***. Yeah I know your a *** its coO cuz...I know you lived on Castro
Old 08-08-2005, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cali-sucks! it had not been a good year for us either. 4 to 5 cops at all times where we race at.