Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people...

No takers in the bay area???
Old 08-25-2005, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
then you must be a very closeminded redneck
Then tell me where the line "RICE burner" came from?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bboyferal
This is totally

But there IS alot of ignorance on this thread, and I wasn't the one to start mentioning Asia's exports. Question: What Asian cars are you talking about? Japanese?

You're kidding right? The primary agriculture in MANY countries is rice. I don't even think Japan has any significant rice export presence at all. You're probably thinking of China, sorry to tell you. This is Japan's stats:

Composition by sector:
Definition Field Listing
agriculture: 1.3%
industry: 24.7%
services: 74.1% (2004 est.)

Japan makes NO money in agriulture, buddy, and what little they do make in agriculture is in sugar and beets.

China makes some money off of rice, but what Chinese cars do you know?

Here's China and their rice-burning automobile-manufacturers' Country's stats for fun:

Composition by sector:
Definition Field Listing
agriculture: 13.8%
industry and construction: 52.9%
services: 33.3% (2004 est.)
Your stats seem very researched (good job), unlike all of our opinions. But what would you say the root of the term RICE burner came from? Don't get me wrong, I've seen some quick rice burners. I wouldn't chose to own one, and that's my choice, I'm sure that there are thousands of rice burners that can kick my cars *** (strait line and road course)! That just boiles down to "the man with the most money wins" So where did the term "rice burner" come from then?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

Where did close minded redneck come from?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Where did close minded redneck come from?
Yeah that's a term regularly used in car talk Seriously though, where do you think the "rice burner" name came from? I think its from Japanese automobiles........Racist crappy stereotype.....YES, but that's where I think it came from. IMO!!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

In my opinion rice burner and ricer terms come after fast and the furious movie, when every kid on the block decided to put on pink flames with LED washer lights and thought it made his civic faster.

Is supra a rice burner too you as well? How about skyline?

IMO, 350z is a really nice sports car. It has RWD, decent amount of power, 2 doors, looks good, and sounds good no matter what you put on it. YOu can disagree with me, but I bet that 90% of the people will share the same thoughts with me.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

And when people think of camaros, they think that they are redneck cars just because it's an american car. Is it true though?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

In my opinion rice burner and ricer terms come after fast and the furious movie, when every kid on the block decided to put on pink flames with LED washer lights and thought it made his civic faster.

Is supra a rice burner too you as well? How about skyline?

IMO, 350z is a really nice sports car. It has RWD, decent amount of power, 2 doors, looks good, and sounds good no matter what you put on it. YOu can disagree with me, but I bet that 90% of the people will share the same thoughts with me.
I agree that they are nice sports cars, I chose not to drive them. I prefer domestic cars like your Z (or are you a closet import driver...J/K). Either way, I have heard of Rice burners way way before the movie fast and furious, which I think multiplied the whole thing. Just because something is called a "rice burner" don't mean its not built well or that its not fast. I was just baseing the term on where its roots derived! Either way, fast Supra or slow Supra, I don't like the Imports.......And that's just MY opinion. Lots of supra's are way faster that you and I, and tons more people like them just the same. -It's all good-
Old 08-25-2005, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

I guess we just have different opinions on what rice burner is I like domestic cars better, but have respect for all cars, well almost all, on the road
Old 08-25-2005, 11:23 PM
Teching In

i dont know if the camaro was supercharged or not,i will admit that is one fast 350z.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

I guess we just have different opinions on what rice burner is I like domestic cars better, but have respect for all cars, well almost all, on the road
I respect that!!! I ran a civic hatch back at the strip a while back, and he shot out the hole right next to me and I couldn't shake him. I was so embarassed that a civic was running neck and neck with my modded C5! I barely beat him..... Fast car he had!!! I also saw a video of a Civic running on the highway with a 10 second Viper and keep up with it Crazy ****!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I respect that!!! I ran a civic hatch back at the strip a while back, and he shot out the hole right next to me and I couldn't shake him. I was so embarassed that a civic was running neck and neck with my modded C5! I barely beat him..... Fast car he had!!! I also saw a video of a Civic running on the highway with a 10 second Viper and keep up with it Crazy ****!
was it the black civic
Old 08-25-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CarbonBlckM3
was it the black civic
It was green and this was in Bremerton Washington.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:46 PM
Teching In

It was green and this was in Bremerton Washington.
nevermind then. i remember watching a crazy black turbo hatch race a really fast viper and took it.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

nevermind then. i remember watching a crazy black turbo hatch race a really fast viper and took it.
Oh your talking about the video....Yeah it was a black civic. I thought you were talking about the car I raced.......That civic was quick. The camera was from the Vipers car and the guy was talking about being able to take the civic from a dig as he drove under the underpass. Was that the vid you saw?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Oh your talking about the video....Yeah it was a black civic. I thought you were talking about the car I raced.......That civic was quick. The camera was from the Vipers car and the guy was talking about being able to take the civic from a dig as he drove under the underpass. Was that the vid you saw?
yah thats the one I was talking about. The guys name was frog or something. What a sick lil civic
Old 08-26-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Second Club

yah thats the one I was talking about. The guys name was frog or something. What a sick lil civic
That was insane for a lil 4 bangin ricer. I'd hate to have been that viper owner........
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 AM
Teching In

That was insane for a lil 4 bangin ricer. I'd hate to have been that viper owner........
yah especialy how much the guy in the viper was talking...he got owned
Old 08-26-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

yah especialy how much the guy in the viper was talking...he got owned
So how quick is your M3? I've seen some really nice M3's rolling around and have wanted to run one, but there usually older guys/girls driving them. BTW, my wife wants one bad..........
Old 08-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Teching In

So how quick is your M3? I've seen some really nice M3's rolling around and have wanted to run one, but there usually older guys/girls driving them. BTW, my wife wants one bad..........
its quick for what it is. Its stock right now but its going under construction this winter. You might run into a 21yr old with a M3 like me once in a while and you guys can have some fun. I think u should buy ur wife one so you can drive it