Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4's LOL

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT4's LOL

damn these cars are fugin ridicoulous, they are way to hyped up around here,i have raced 2, one that was stock and one that was modded like a ****.First of, coming home with my friends from gettin gas last saturday, had my moms 300+lbs mom in the front seat and my 2 200+lbs friends in the back, plus me 140lbs. pull up at a light and i see to guys in a black srt4 next to me, ive been wanting to stomp one of these pretty bad, but was a lil worried about it with that much with that much weight in my car, hes reving his car so i ttap the gas lettin him knw im game. light turns green i bog it and pull about a car on him hit second granny shifting and pulled another half i quit at about 70mph cus i didnt wanna waste any more gas.i think that this car was stock, or at least i hope so for dodge sake. so one of my friends that was in the back seat was probably a lil disapointed and imberresed cus he wants one so bad, and i asked him if he still wanted one and he smiled and said yes.
so this past saturday night im up at the street races and this guy i hear is talking **** bout he can smoke me in his srt cus he thinks he can take advantage of me since im 17 and he thinks i cant drive, so i come over there and he says ya man i race you in my sxt neon, im like dude your gay i knw its a srt4 you dont hafta lie, i see your big *** incooler, and your srt rims that you painted, and the paint is chippin off, he claims its bone stock after he admits its a srt. so i ask someone that knew him and he said he has exhsaut work (cutout) and intake, chip, and upgraded intercooler as it apeared, so i was a lil heistant after i heard his loud as **** blow of valve, thinking he haded a stage 2 or 3 turbo but i went for it anyways and said i would race him anyways so i tell him i would go from a stop if he wanted to he said no so then i said i would go from a 20 punch still he said no, so i said fine dude we willl go with what you want, he wanted a 40 punch so i agree. so we line it up goin 40mph with all of our friends following behind and one of my friends ridding with me, we go on his 3 honks so the SOB goes on the second (what a ***) so he gets the jump and pulls a car, i hit 3rd gear and catch up quick. dead even, 4th gear pull a car on him and start to walk him i shut it down at the end of 4th.
he comes flying up at me again reving, i said no i beat you once, so i figure what the hell? so we go from another dig, same situation execpt i beat him worse, i threw on the harzards and went back to races, he wont even talk to me or look at me i walk up to him and ask his buddy if he still wants to run his cobalt ss (cus he wanted to race me before i raced his friend) and the srt dude says man why you gotta come over here and talk ****, sry i said, good race. he was almost in tears
it was funny cus he thought he could take me since im a lil kid and i guess he thought i couldnt drive
Old 08-22-2005, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Good kill, but you sounds very young...
Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, what a tool, i had some guy race me in one on the highway-he had what looked like 3 passengers, i dont know what he had done but he took off an i caught him an passed him both times, my car was also running lean-lol
Old 08-22-2005, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

You sound pretty cocky.....i dont know where you live but 3 of my friends that are into cars own one and one made 400whp...one made 420whp...and the other made 480whp on boost and 563 with a bottle.......every one has a stock engine but the one that made 563 took the bottle out and built his engine......

If its on the stock turby its slow.....but dont think all of em are slow.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

SRT4s can be made very fast, but then any car can be made fast with money... isn't it true?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

480 on a stock engine? Did it blow up after it put those numbers down?
Old 08-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

i agree, they have potential but they are way to hyped up for a neon
Old 08-22-2005, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by green28
480 on a stock engine? Did it blow up after it put those numbers down?
it was 480 on boost and 563 on bottle (still stock motor)

no it didnt he used the bottle just for dyno pulls as a dyno queen....never on the street or track....ran fine for over a year then he was trying to get more than 563 out of the stock motor and the fuel pump died and the motor finally poped. then he put another stock motor in makeing 460whp and didnt put the n20 kit on again lol.

one day he decided to take the stock motor out and now it has a built block, ported and worked head, bigger turbo, etc. car is sick.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightEmUpLs1
i agree, they have potential but they are way to hyped up for a neon
they are hyped and if they are on a stock turby they are slow....but there are a few i know i wouldnt mess with
Old 08-22-2005, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

The first guy sounds young... OH WELL...
But 480 on a stock motor????? That is a little hard to swallow. Not calling you a liar, but I would have to do this....

Old 08-22-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
SRT4s can be made very fast, but then any car can be made fast with money... isn't it true?
Yea even gay girl cars apparently
Old 08-22-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

You say he sounds young, like thats bad? That puts you in the same boat as the SRT owner who thought he could win the race because of the age of LightemupLS1.

civicflnum1 You sound pretty cocky.....i dont know where you live but 3 of my friends that are into cars own one and one made 400whp...one made 420whp...and the other made 480whp on boost and 563 with a bottle.......every one has a stock engine but the one that made 563 took the bottle out and built his engine......
Where were they when this race went down??
Obviously there will always be a faster car...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by civicflnum1
You sound pretty cocky.....i dont know where you live but 3 of my friends that are into cars own one and one made 400whp...one made 420whp...and the other made 480whp on boost and 563 with a bottle.......every one has a stock engine but the one that made 563 took the bottle out and built his engine......

If its on the stock turby its slow.....but dont think all of em are slow.

Sounds like srt boy got exactly what he deserved. And nobody cares what numbers your friends made. My friend's car makes what 3 skittles do.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My dad can beat up your dad.

This guy my uncle's friend's friend knows has the fastest car out there.

Good kill LightEmUp.

BTW: I love when the idiots puss out from a dig or low-roll start. Hey, it's not our fault you bought a wrong-wheel-drive car.

Last edited by TransAm52804; 08-22-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I beat one of those from a dig at a stop light not to long ago, my story is titled AND 1 if its still in here... ive seen alot of stories in the forum this past week about SRT-4s seein nothin but f-body tail lights.. are ricers gettin braver?? and whats with young guys getting lectured for racing, im 16 n i put my story in the forum, except for a few guys the entire thing was like talkin to my parents.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

Because they are old enough to be your parents and probably don't want to see their kids doing what you did.

As for the ricer comment... does having a quick 4 cyl car make someone a ricer? I do have to agree that most of the srt drivers are stupid morons that got their pretty quick car for cheap, but they still have a mind of a ricer. They are just as stupid and ignorant!
Old 08-22-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

so ur grandmother was in the car and u raced???
Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MonsterZ28
whats with young guys getting lectured for racing, im 16 n i put my story in the forum, except for a few guys the entire thing was like talkin to my parents.
I get that all the time from my mothers/fathers friends and my mom says it was my dads decision (there divorced) and my dad says he isnt stupid thats why and that was the car he wanted.. i have no tickets no car accidents havent been pulled over once only place i speed is highways and empty roads late at night for people who doubt my maturity and experience kindly **** off
Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice races, but dont rest on your laurels.... you don't give those cars enough credit. In a few years they will be the next DSM's.

And the stock bottom end on SRT's have been known to hold 450-500fwhp reliably. There are more than enough people in that power range on stock bottom ends on SRTForums.com

Do a search for Steve Anderson
Old 08-22-2005, 10:13 PM
12 Second Club

the questions is how long will that stock bottom end hold with so much power?

But a lot of people do underestimate these cars.