Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed a Modded 2005 Rennetech SL55

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed a Modded 2005 Rennetech SL55

I was driving down the freeway early in the afternoon last Friday night when I pull up to a brand spanking new silver SL55 with the top down(bastard). A middle aged guy was driving it, probably in his late 30's / early 40's.Ofcourse im jealous, so I pulled up next to him so I could admire his car, not really looking for a race. Well, myabe I held out 5th a bit longer then I SHOULD have...heh. He takes one look over at me and I see him slap his paddle shifter toward him and he takes off. Just for fun I drop down into 4th and tail him for a gear letting off at about 90. He then slowed back down and I was all ready to give him a big thumbs up for having a badass Mercedes. Before I can even get the thumb up, I get two palms up and shrugging shoulders!!!

Now at this point, being the 23 year old cocky bastard I am, I roll down the window and tell him exactly what I don't think about his car. lol. Nothing too bad, just something about a 120k paperweight. Then I told him to slow down to 40 so I could walk his car like the show dog it was. After a second of him gawking over at his death sentence he starts to slow down.

We only got down to 45, but thats slow enough to hit 2nd and have some play time still. Now i'm sitting in 2nd at about 5k and I give him a little rev so hell jump on it. As soon as he takes off I stick my foot down so hard I think i'm going to push my seat off the tracks. Smooth shift into 3rd at 6700 and I instantly pull 1 car. Through 3th I pulled another 3/4 car. Smooth again into 4th at 6500 and hold him steady around 2 cars. I walk into 5th at about 6600 and he starts edging back up... he came back about 1/2 a car before I let off at about 135. Damn those 4.11's.

After I slow back down to about 75 he pulls next to me and motions me to pull off and follow him. Being the good winning sport I am, and also having nothing much to do, I follow him onto a side street and pull over. We both hop out of the car and he says "Wow, that was impressive, what do you have done to that thing?" "Basic bolt-ons" I say with a huge smile on my face. "How much nitrous do you have? You must have nitrous." he says. "Nope, N/A." I say "Just raw chevy power, about 450 horse" He then makes me pop my hood to prove myself. Then he scratches his head and says "how did you beat me? I just got this car back from Rennetech with a ported blower, I dynod 570" Whether he was lieing or not I have no clue, I don't know much about Rennetech. My was response was "I have about 15ci and i'm about 800lbs thinner" That shut him up. "Next time I see you this should be over 700hp I'm waiting for my chip and XXX" I forget what he said. It was irrelevent at that point, I was happy about my kill. I bid him goodbye and was on my way.

This is one of my favorite kills to date and ive had my car 3 years now.

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-08-2005, 12:25 AM
12 Second Club

definitely a nice kill
Old 09-08-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Excellent kill!

Old 09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Launching!

nice kill, at least the MB owner wasn't a dick about the loss and gave you some respect.