Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

foxbody vs. ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
Show me someone who has ran 12's in a full weight 5.0 with nothing but a gear and slicks. It may have happened, but it's probably as rare as a 12.6 stock fbody. In fact, I've never heard of such a claim. Cosby ran 12.99 in a coupe with a few more mods than that, but we all know he is a 0.001%'er.
If you read my previous post on the matter I clearly stated more than gear and a slick, I rounded for the sake of less typing in the last post. Yes sure theres other crap you've got to do but none of it is modifying the long block. Note where I said that it for sure was a rarity. I believe I specified that numerous times in this thread. And no I cant remember specific examples, I said previously "I remember back in the day when the recipe for 12s was..." Saw it happen once.

Are you sure about that? An off the shelf H/C/I car is going to put down 280-290rwhp while keeping emissions and accesories. An fbody would make slightly more power. The only thing seperating the two would be weight. If you compare hardtop to hardtop we're talking about 200lbs give or take a few. I'm at Corral often..

Really if so why do you seem so in the dark about Mustangs. They have more advantages on F-Bodies than weight. Yes a 280 rwhp Fox is going to be faster than a 300 rwhp F-body. Probably not from a 100-150 mph roll, Ill give that but its going to out 1/4 mile. You can put a slick on both if you like.

Why use one car? That is why I said take the average of multiple test. Key word is MY...your individual results may work for you, but it should be repeatable by many others.
Unlike mag racing I was using a real life example. Seems to work out much better that way. That way I know the actual conditions of the test.

As a matter of fact, I do have a 90 LX 5.0. It's isn't running on it's last leg either with 90k babied miles. I know plenty No, I'm not calling you a liar....it may be true for you. But, for me and others I know and see on the net, it's not true.
Then if you have so much personal experience why do you feel the need to mag race? Maybe you could have said something to the effect of "Well my LS1 tears up my 5.0L" then instead of angering me with ricetastic mag-racing we could have agreed to disagree.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
If you read my previous post on the matter I clearly stated more than gear and a slick, I rounded for the sake of less typing in the last post. Yes sure theres other crap you've got to do but none of it is modifying the long block.
Well in that case, you can put an LS1 in the low 11's-high10's without modifying the long block. What else did you say it took to run 12's...I missed that part. Is it relavant? No. Gear and slicks has nothing to do with my original claim.
Note where I said that it for sure was a rarity. I believe I specified that numerous times in this thread. And no I cant remember specific examples, I said previously "I remember back in the day when the recipe for 12s was..." Saw it happen once.
I saw where you said it was unlikely, but why even bring up such unlikely events?

Really if so why do you seem so in the dark about Mustangs. They have more advantages on F-Bodies than weight. Yes a 280 rwhp Fox is going to be faster than a 300 rwhp F-body. Probably not from a 100-150 mph roll, Ill give that but its going to out 1/4 mile. You can put a slick on both if you like.
If you would have read my other post, I said a fox MAY be .2-.4 faster. What other advantages does a fox have besides being a couple hundred pounds lighter? Oh and don't give me that gear and slicks line. Remember the following: 1) radials 2) stock gearing 3) emissions legal 4) full weight 5) hardtop vs. hardtop If you don't agree to this, you are trying to debate things that I never said, or claimed.

Unlike mag racing I was using a real life example. Seems to work out much better that way. That way I know the actual conditions of the test.
I think you're a little confused as to what constitutes real. YOUR veiws and experiences don't make something a fact.

Then if you have so much personal experience why do you feel the need to mag race? Maybe you could have said something to the effect of "Well my LS1 tears up my 5.0L" then instead of angering me with ricetastic mag-racing we could have agreed to disagree.
Well, presenting my experiences wouldn't be true to the scientific method now would it? I saw a ghost yesterday; does that make it fact? No. When you can site 20 different test backed by actual numbers it's more likely to be credible. Additionally, I've never seen anyone claim to have run 5.0 0-60 in a stock fox. I don't think the 99-04's even get down that low.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
u have 2.73's? cause 0-60 is first gear alone
Soory for the misunder standing. I meant he staid ahead of my bumper all first gear. I was topping off 2nd when i pass him.

Quick Reply: foxbody vs. ls1