Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do Import drivers love this site?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the whole point of this thing that everyone missed was why are import guys on here? I kinda would like to know, because I really don't check out evo tech sites very often lol. Cool cars for sure, but not mine. I do agree with the whole idea though at the beginning that some import guys do just come here to pick fights. Thats kinda pointless, if I went to an Evo fourm and started saying how I would rape a stock Evo, I would get a whole other crowd of Evo's saying they would rape me with their low 11 sec. cars or whatever. So pretty much it comes down to the fact that given enough money any car can beat any car on the street. So why invade each others fourms and hate, this is an LS1 fourm where we hate on import's sometimes. There are plenty of Import fourms where you can rip on LS1's all you want. And heres the catch, I will never know because I don't go there lol. So problem solved, thread over?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Regular

Hmm...well you have to remember some of us have LS1's, LT1's, Corvettes etc...Even if we dont as mentioned we migth like the car, so what were supposed to not post. Usually I dont try to flame anyone or start wars but if someone is calling me out, well then of course im gonna reply

BTW, the thread is civilized now...Let it live
Old 09-29-2005, 07:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Shadow's SS
isnt there a supra with like 1500 RWHP???? Go to www.nopistons.com im sure that you will find some that run faster than 13's
Im sure there are a few in the world with that much power.

There have been quite a few beasts out there, and I think the most famous is Marco's Poopra, he's from Chicago. He built a single digit Auto Turbo Supra, that isn't gutted, and it has full interior. It was on Ebay a while back. Not sure if he ever sold it

DSM..... you would have to hand over 2 or 3 ls1's just to get a LT5 in similar condition with stocker heads... those ***** cost some money!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gforce477
So the whole point of this thing that everyone missed was why are import guys on here? I kinda would like to know, because I really don't check out evo tech sites very often lol. Cool cars for sure, but not mine. I do agree with the whole idea though at the beginning that some import guys do just come here to pick fights. Thats kinda pointless, if I went to an Evo fourm and started saying how I would rape a stock Evo, I would get a whole other crowd of Evo's saying they would rape me with their low 11 sec. cars or whatever. So pretty much it comes down to the fact that given enough money any car can beat any car on the street. So why invade each others fourms and hate, this is an LS1 fourm where we hate on import's sometimes. There are plenty of Import fourms where you can rip on LS1's all you want. And heres the catch, I will never know because I don't go there lol. So problem solved, thread over?

LoL yea I answered that question on one of the first few pages. Basically, there are a lot of import guys on here who either also own LS1's or are cool guys who just like to talk about cars, no matter what brand. Most of the import guys who frequent this board are simply car enthusiasts, and this site seems to be the least bias of all sights where people who own all types of cars can come and chat. sure there are the guys who sign up and their first post is "I beat a cammed, sprayed, 10 second ls1 with my stock import!" and they get flamed and banned in a day. However, the rest of the import guys are real cool and have real fast cars, whihc is something any car enthusiast can appreciate. They dont bash cars, nor do they think their car is king, they just want to talk with other people who are knowledgable about cars. Also, they provide information for us without having to go to multiple forums to figure out what different cars run with ceratin mods. I would have no idea what a modded evo, sti, srt-4, etc would run with a certain list of mods if these owners didnt post here, and I am too lazy to sign up for multiple boards to find out so they help everyone out as well. Sure its LS1tech.com, but it would get boring pretty quickly if all we did was talk about 98-02 camaros/trans ams, 97-04 corvettes, and the GTO's.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Default hey

You are such a ***! Do you not see what you are doing too? Your the biggest ******* hippocrat I have ever come across...stick you rlittle dick between your legs and walk like a girl...thats what you are

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Haha i noticed that too from his other posts. He will start as much **** as he can with import owners on this board, then once the domestic guys start shitting on his moronic comments and statements he runs and hides, then goes and posts **** in another thread or starts his own thread about some other stupid topic. Honestly the mods should try and create another website for all these mentally challenged people such as shawnmce2, such as www.ls1tards.com or something like that to keep them off this board.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, shawn, you decide to come pay your thread a visit?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
You are such a ***! Do you not see what you are doing too? Your the biggest ******* hippocrat I have ever come across...stick you rlittle dick between your legs and walk like a girl...thats what you are
LoL like I said I was messing around with you, so calm down. Second you make ZERO sense, what are you talking about? I dunno what a Hippocrat is, im guessing you meant hypocrite, and I dont see where I was being a hypocrite. I agree with you 100% on the ricers posting false kills and **** like that, they should get flamed on, but not every import owner here talks **** and thinks their car is king, they just add their input on the posts on this board..and honestly your infantile name calling is pathetic, grow up, its a joke, you act like your two years olds. If your really going to insult me why dont you at least try to do it intelligently instead of crying about it and calling me a girl while you hide behind your keyboard.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, he's a follower of Hippocrates?

Main Entry: Hip·poc·ra·tes
Pronunciation: hi-'pä-kr&-"tEz
Function: biographical name
circa 460-circa 377 B.C. FATHER OF MEDICINE Greek physician; traditionally but incorrectly credited with Hippocratic oath administered to graduate physicians .

Old 09-29-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

What about a VIRTUAL Street race? As this is 'The Information Highway'

Whats going to get Shawnmce2 banned 1st:

1. His mouth

2. His ego
Old 09-29-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Hahahaha yea i was trying to figure that out too, I guess thats what he must have meant
Old 09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

I dunno, maybe both, maybe neither. Doesnt seem like a bad guy, just easily irritated by import owners and me apparently haha.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

honestly i think we should delete this whole thread and move on, i believe all he wanted to put out was that he is tired of imports, and then other people jumped in and names where called and now we have this
Old 09-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Banned

Come on guys, leave Shawnmce2 alone. Like I said in another thread, I notice the status quo on this board seems to be that it is OK to use the term "ricer" against imports owners, but its not cool to use it when referring to domestic guys on this site who drive souped up fbodys with ricey add-ons. When I refer to a domestic guys car as looking rice, I get burned by alot of people. But the fact is, I wouldn't call the car/mod rice if I didn't think it looked like it. I think some of you guys who are overly defending the import ricer which Shawn is referring to are probably of the same clan who would burn me for referring to domestic guys as ricers even though their cars did look kind of rice. No doubt I'll be scolded and reprimanded for this line of questioning, but I just wanted to cite this as a good example of the hypocrisy I smell from time to time....

Last edited by Scarano; 09-29-2005 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarano
Come on guys, leave Shawnmce2 alone. Like I said in another thread, I notice the status quo on this board seems to be that it is OK to use the term "ricer" against imports owners, but its not cool to use it when referring to domestic guys on this site who drive souped up fbodys with ricey add-ons. When I refer to a domestic guys car as looking rice, I get burned by alot of people. But the fact is, I wouldn't call the car/mod rice if I didn't think it looked like it. I think some of you guys who are overly defending the import ricer which Shawn is referring to are probably of the same clan who would burn me for referring to domestic guys as ricers even though their cars did look kind of rice. No doubt I'll be scolded and reprimanded for this line of questioning, but I just wanted to cite this as a good example of the hypocrisy I smell from time to time....
Hmm. See all those wings and stickers my car had....

I drive an import now, so must leave?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with you and I will call a domestic car "rice" in a second...IF it is riced out. I mean I have seen plenty of V6 camaros and firebirds in my are with fart cans and huge wings on the back and it is is by all means rice. Ive even seen some lt1 and ls1 camaros with some god awful appearance mods done to them. Being a "ricer" is more of a mentality than it is a car. I think my area has one of the most diverse ricer crowds out there. Ive seen nice Infinity GS300's and GS430's with fart cans on them, to tell you the truth ive seen numerous nice cars, both import and domestic, riced out beyond belief, but its not the car thats rice, its the owner. The reason why people jump to defend the import guys on this board is because they are knowledgable car guys, and even though it is an LS1 forum, its cool having such a diverse crowd of car owners here. No one flames anyone unless there is a real reason too, and even though in shawn's post I dont think meant to include all of the import guys, only the ones that come here to talk ****, it was a pretty stupid post to make, in the kill section of all places (probably the most read portion of the board). But in response to your post yes i agree domestic cars can very easily be rice.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ya my spelling sucks oh well . .

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I agree with you and I will call a domestic car "rice" in a second...IF it is riced out. I mean I have seen plenty of V6 camaros and firebirds in my are with fart cans and huge wings on the back and it is is by all means rice. Ive even seen some lt1 and ls1 camaros with some god awful appearance mods done to them. Being a "ricer" is more of a mentality than it is a car. I think my area has one of the most diverse ricer crowds out there. Ive seen nice Infinity GS300's and GS430's with fart cans on them, to tell you the truth ive seen numerous nice cars, both import and domestic, riced out beyond belief, but its not the car thats rice, its the owner. The reason why people jump to defend the import guys on this board is because they are knowledgable car guys, and even though it is an LS1 forum, its cool having such a diverse crowd of car owners here. No one flames anyone unless there is a real reason too, and even though in shawn's post I dont think meant to include all of the import guys, only the ones that come here to talk ****, it was a pretty stupid post to make, in the kill section of all places (probably the most read portion of the board). But in response to your post yes i agree domestic cars can very easily be rice.
and everyone really needs to cuz honestly . . why are people dicriminating against other cars. .i mean they all have enignes work under the same mechanics. . so what if its in a honda. . he just likes that body style. .but has the same love for cars as the next guy hes on this forum to learn more about a different kind of car. . as im very sure we all do maybe not search other forums but research other cars. . if its rice its his car let him do what he wants its not his fault he has horrible taste lol. .
Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by flash12t
and everyone really needs to cuz honestly . . why are people dicriminating against other cars. .i mean they all have enignes work under the same mechanics. . so what if its in a honda. . he just likes that body style. .but has the same love for cars as the next guy hes on this forum to learn more about a different kind of car. . as im very sure we all do maybe not search other forums but research other cars. . if its rice its his car let him do what he wants its not his fault he has horrible taste lol. .
Exactly, thats why I originally posted in the thread. Everyone has their own preference on what they want to mod, everyone cant own f-bodies. I think shawn explained later on that he meant only the guys who talk **** and start flame wars but thats not how the post came across. I think its just sorta funny how off topic the thread went. Oh well, looks like the topic is dead now.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Hmm. See all those wings and stickers my car had....
No no.. thats not rice ... thats a nice camaro for sure.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

No no.. thats not rice ... thats a nice camaro for sure.
i donno that looks alot like a condomaro
Old 09-29-2005, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Your the biggest ******* hippocrat
Do you really want to turn this into a physics argument? Do you really want to argue about displacement and all the other goodies that go with it? I too...have my major in physics....
Glad too see you spending good money on that major... Make sure and take some more english lessons