Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:45 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread reeks of irony.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Teching In

This is amazing how this post blows up. Believe it or not, there are import guys that like LS1 cars, so why not let them post on the forum? What about the guys that have have the best of both worlds?

I've also seen one too many posts on how there's no way my LS1 got beat by an import. There's an Evo video post right now with a vid and there are still people that doubt the LS1 lost. My import right now pulls car lengths away from my LS1 on a roll, but that doesn't mean my LS1 is slow. Just means I happen to put better mods into that car.

Bottom line, if a import guy post some obvious BS, why come down to his level. Most of us know the capabilities of our cars. We also shouldn't be suprised if faster cars exist (even those lowly 4 bangers).
Old 09-26-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I call bs on any supra running an 11.7. When they are modded their ETs dont change, just their traps.

They all run 13's @ 130mph
Old 09-26-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SporkLover
I call bs on any supra running an 11.7. When they are modded their ETs dont change, just their traps.

They all run 13's @ 130mph

LoL oh boy hopefully there arent any supra guys reading this thread hahaha!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

isnt there a supra with like 1500 RWHP???? Go to www.nopistons.com im sure that you will find some that run faster than 13's
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Staging Lane

oops wrong website thats for RX-7's and some of them kick ***
Old 09-26-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, I was gone for the weekend... Thought this thread would have died last week, come back today and what's the first thing I see? This freekin thread. I'm amazed... This is the most pointless thread I have ever seen...

Damn, and here I am contributing again.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Teching In

9 pages and counting...
Old 09-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Are you serious about the Supra comment?? I hope not.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

No no one is serious about the supra comment (just a little joke since supras have a hard time putting down all the power that they make to the ground, but there are plenty of single digit supras, thats why its a joke), its all in good fun, and yea this thread wont die, its awesome! Its like 100 topics tied up in one!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Import drivers love this site because you touch yourself at night.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

wait I dont get it
Old 09-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Banned

wow now supra's I think its going to get to the point where all the dudes in the SRT-4 fourms are going to come over here and talk crap lol
Old 09-28-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 996TTx50
1. 10.6 is not necessarily the fastest 996 in the U.S. Rather, it is the fastest ¼ mile time slip known by a group of Porsche owners that are members of a few different internet forums. There may be faster that are not members of these forums. Moreover, an 1150 hp 996TT was completed two weeks ago, and an even more aggressive 996TT is in the final stages (likely over 1250 hp) –- both are almost certainly faster (Alex’s 10.6 car has approximately 900 hp). Additionally, as someone else observed, Alex did 10.6 under terrible conditions, and with street tires. He will likely do low 10s later this year.

2. My car has everything that Alex’s 10.6 car has, AND MORE . . . with the right driver (e.g., Alex), my car is almost certainly faster.

3. There are obviously numerous cars that can be made faster in the 1/4 mile than a 996TT through modification for far less than the cost of a 996TT and, if “bang for your buck” is the sole goal, a 996TT is a bad choice. One can build a ten second Mustang or LS1 for less than $15k, including the car. No one buys a 996TT because it is a good value (although in comparison to other cars of similar caliber, it ain’t a bad value). Likewise, no one buys an Enzo because it is the most cost effective way to produce an 11 second car.

Moreover, your “bang for the buck” comment is premised upon straight line performance alone. The equation changes when you factor in other considerations, such as handling, road course performance, braking, interior and exterior aesthetics, workmanship, quality, etc. A 996TT will own most 9 and 10 second ¼ mile cars on a road course. When I purchased my car, I sought something more than merely ¼ mile performance. I sought to balance many different considerations, including those listed above. Although clearly not the best “bang for the buck,” the 996TT balances the factors I seek in a car. It ain't bad in the 1/4 mile either.

4. Good luck with your 9 second project. Thats mighty fast.

996TTx50

1. A 10.6 only takes mid 600hp and wont even get me in our top 50 for AWD anymore!!! http://www.dsmtimes.org/times.php?He...ype=AWD&Page=1 Incidentally I did it on a set of maxperformance "summer" radials and what most people consider a grocery getter alternative fuel.. E85...

2. Sounds nice.. Get a X-mas tree and practice driving

3. It's just never been my kind of car.. I onced considered an Ls1'd 944... If I won a H2 I would sell it for a 1ton CTD. A ferrari would get sold to build 5 custom GM cars... etc...

4. I think its all there power and driver wise I just wont have enough track time left before winter hibernation.. It feels much stronger..

My Moreover

Some of us can turn and turn very well at that..
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/macross/2GTurn.html
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/macross/suspension.html
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/macross/wtxfer.html
This is really a 12.4 1/4 car but auto-x short track wins are much more suspension related than brute HP.. I count 6 championships...
http://farnorthracing.com/

My spring rates are'nt as stiff, I dont have remote resivoir shocks but I do have the same pillowball mounts and coaxial hats. I have ALOT more into the engine, turbo, fuel sytem etc and he has alot more into the shocks... He still hits a 3.6 60mph with about 1/2 my HP...

Sounds like we both had the same idea about how to build our cars.. Just different price ranges....

If I ever ran into you I'd probaly buy you a beer and we'd make fun of the rednecks and the ricers...

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 09-28-2005 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

DSm... I wouldnt give up the LS1 for an LT5, just simply stating that GM has done it... and yes the heads were designed by Lotus, but if I am not mistaken GM owned a piece of them around the time the LT5 was developed. .....
It does'nt mean that lotus/Gm choice in intake ports did'nt short change alot of power for slightly more "refined" powerband.. Look at a full race LT5 cylinder heads port job and intake manifold... If that is the LT5 I'm getting I would hand over 2 or 3 ls1's..

996..... right on. Bang for the buck is definitely more than the 1 dimensional measurement of straightline speed. That being said... the current Z06 is probably the best bang for the buck.... handling wise, braking wise, straightline wise.....
The new z06 is tough to beat when comparing price and performance of new production cars...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Damn! This thread reminds me of a rollercoaster with all the ups and downs, twists and turns. If ya cut out some of the BS and read the meat, it ain't that bad. The thread starter seriously needs to get a grip, this is the internet, it don't mean nothin'.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Damn! This thread reminds me of a rollercoaster with all the ups and downs, twists and turns. If ya cut out some of the BS and read the meat, it ain't that bad. The thread starter seriously needs to get a grip, this is the internet, it don't mean nothin'.

Haha yea i know what you mean, the thread is all over the place. I posted in response to the initial post by the dude who started the thread and the topic has changed like 20 different times. The thread wont die, it just keeps changing it topic haha.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, yeah, this is like where you post when you're bored and just want to post up something, and it doesn't even really matter what you want to say either. Maybe that's why I have a few posts here.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by monicaz28
Hmmm, yeah, this is like where you post when you're bored and just want to post up something, and it doesn't even really matter what you want to say either. Maybe that's why I have a few posts here.
hahaha exactly. You dont even need to start a new thread in the appropriate forum, you can just post whats on your mind, and the title attracts everyones attention so they come in, see what the last post was, and respond. Its like one huge open forum, im loving it!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Teching In

So the whole point of this thing that everyone missed was why are import guys on here? I kinda would like to know, because I really don't check out evo tech sites very often lol. Cool cars for sure, but not mine. I do agree with the whole idea though at the beginning that some import guys do just come here to pick fights. Thats kinda pointless, if I went to an Evo fourm and started saying how I would rape a stock Evo, I would get a whole other crowd of Evo's saying they would rape me with their low 11 sec. cars or whatever. So pretty much it comes down to the fact that given enough money any car can beat any car on the street. My .02