Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Trans Am vs. 2004 Lancer rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please note: this is a Lancer RALLY edition, meaning it is NOT AN EVOLUTION. aka you are racing a family sedan. do you race many grand am gts? grand prix gtps? they will beat that thing. i think yur ok.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It'd take a 200-shot or more of N2O to beat you... and not only does she most likely NOT have that large of a jet in there, her lawnmower engine would also blow by the end of the race with that much pressure.

Race her, and race her for money: there's no way in Hell she's gonna beat you. Plus, think about it: a female driving a Lancer, talking **** to an LS1 owner about racing.... obviously she's a retard and probably doesn't know a thing about modifications or proper launching/shifting/driving to get the max potential out of ANY vehicle.

You've got this race won before it even starts.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont know why this is still a questionable subject.

EVEN if she had a turbo, supercharger or spray. she still probably wouldnt be able to even keep up with an EVO.

for her to put all that $$$ into that turd would be the worst investment ever!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Race her!! Just you better hope that the guy who put on a ring on that breezy isn't a car fanatic cause then you'll be in some sh*t. If the car is tuned right you never know! But race her *** beat her and let ride your car so she can feel some power and if possible let her ride you. Screw if she has a ring. Like the dude who posted ealier said married chicks need love too.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL my lord its not an evo, its a friggen OZ ralley edition...please if she is serious then absolutely dominate her (during and after the race haha).
Old 10-05-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I doubt sh'e runnig more than a 50 shot on the stock motor. Go ahead and annhilate her.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Junkie

What a joke... Kick her *** already!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

Let me get this straight, your going to race an OZ edition Lancer Rally, and you have even the slightest doubt that you will put buslengths on her
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Go race her, but bring a wrench to help her bolt her doors back on after you blow them off
Old 10-05-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

True I got more torque. Everybody at work says that I shouln't race her. Appearently she beat a 5.0 supercharged mustang and an 1st or 2nd gen Camaro SS, which engine the camaro had nobody knows. I asked her if she know what an LS1 is and she's like " whats that". Our assintant manager is a car fanatic guy(imports, claims to have a honda that can smoke C5s), and I think they have a thing for each other. He might have put all that on her car. He told me all she has is bolt-ons. At this momment I'm more scared of breaking my rear-end or bending a pushrod.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Did those cars that she apparently beat know they were racing??? And the guy that claims to have a C5 killing Honda, I can claim to have a rocket in my T/A, doesn't make it true.
In all honesty I've heard people like this pair spew their BS and 99% of the time that's exactly what it is, pure grade A #1 BS
Go race, no shame in losing to faster car, but IMO you'll still need the wrench to bolt her doors back on
Old 10-05-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this an actual thread? That girl will need an entirely different engine to even come close. Even IF her vehicle could handle a 200 shot, she'd still most likely loose.

Unless you told her about this thread and want to make it seem like you're taking her seriously, this shouldn't even be a topic of conversation.

I mean, does anyone with a 4 banger sedan just think they can beat us now?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumbias
5.0.....Camaro SS.....At this momment I'm more scared of breaking my rear-end or bending a pushrod.

God, I wish I lived close to you, I'd race her for ya. Sounds like your confidence is shot. The've done a pretty good phsyc job on you. @ this point, you gotta either walk away or go for it. If you go for it, go all out & you will win.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^
OT, but you got a miata with LS1??? DAMN NICE! What is that beast running???
Old 10-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Teching In

the rally edition makes 120 hp from a 2.0L NA engine. if that car doesnt say evo on it somewhere, i dont care what they did to it, it does not matter, they wouldnt beat you if they had a 200 shot. i dont think the engine would know what to do with it. you are free to laugh at them when the challenge you.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hell, if anything, just ask to scope out her car to see "what's done to it"... as in don't make it seem like you're checking for mods to see if you can beat her or not; make it seem like you're really interested in knowing what she's done to it because it interests you.

She sounds like a retard anyways, so there's no way she'll pick up on what you're doing.

Or even see if you can drive it.

And yes, I know you're gonna whoop her *** either way, but if your confidence really is this low about the possible race, then try one of the two options I told you just to reassure you that she'll need a push from the hand of God to pass you at all.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1-450
God, I wish I lived close to you, I'd race her for ya. Sounds like your confidence is shot. The've done a pretty good phsyc job on you. @ this point, you gotta either walk away or go for it. If you go for it, go all out & you will win.
My confidence is not shot. The thing is that I don't have much expirience. I will race her. She just needs to say when. For you guys that have more expirience, what if the highest,safest rpm's that I can launch from, and about what rpm's should I shift? I know the factory tachameter sucks. Once I find the sweet spot, I'll definately race her. I'm dedicating tommorow to practicing all afternoon.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread isn't really going anywhere.

My grandmother's Taurus could beat it. An OZ rally is still just an eco-car.

Come on you own a T/A and you are worried, yeah an Evo would kick your butt but an Evo and an Oz aren't the same thing. It would be like swapping a LS1 and replacing it with a VTEC from a Civic.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cumbias
My confidence is not shot. The thing is that I don't have much expirience. I will race her. She just needs to say when. For you guys that have more expirience, what if the highest,safest rpm's that I can launch from, and about what rpm's should I shift? I know the factory tachameter sucks. Once I find the sweet spot, I'll definately race her. I'm dedicating tommorow to practicing all afternoon.
Seriously, just go out there and do it, tell em t put up or shut up. Like what th one guy said if it doesn't say evolution don't even worry, honestly its probably minor bolt ons at best, people who are into modding those cars seriously would use an evolution not the base model with "looks". Sorry buddy but they may view you as being gullible and probably are blowing smoke u your *** because they know i will make you think. Again tell them to put up or shut up, you have to be a really shitty driver to lose this one, **** em, this is becoming annoying, you got this
Old 10-06-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I will race her. All the people that I've talked to from work tell me I shouln't mess with her. A first I was a little intimidated because I don't really know much about imports, but now, after reading some import forums and thanks to you guys, I'll race her the first chance I get. I Got something she doesn't, TORQUE!!!!!, we all do. I'll make some easy money towards future mods and make my car even faster.
Thanks you guys and gals. Joining this place is probably the best thing I've done for my car and me.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good luck man, the worst you can do is lose to a girl in a dumpy Lancer.

I can't stand those things they should have turned the Eclipse of GT 3000 into the uber performance vehicle not the dumpy Lancer Ralley car.

Freakin' econo-box with that kind of insane technology and equipment in it.

Sigh.... like putting a C5R into a Cobolt.........

Try the MTI intake it really does work, I have that with FLP longtubes and y-pipe with a hooker exhaust. It sounds tame then it really wakes up... oh yeah thats the cut out opening hehehe