Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Trans Am vs. 2004 Lancer rally

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cumbias
Looks like she did her homework. Even the assistant manager(C5 killing Honda guy), who didn't even know about the possible race until today, told her she had no chance against me.
WTF? How did she NOT know what kind of power you had? You said she didn't even know what an LS1 was. I mean seriously, It's only just about the second or third most famous street racing engine EVER after the 5.0 and SBC (which, you may argue at your leisure that the LS1 is, or is not, a member of the SBC family). Being an import racer is no excuse. That'd be like one of us saying that we don't know what an Evo or a supra is packing. BS. We all know.

I guess on the other hand you can look at this like a win. Your car is so brutally more powerful than hers that she knows it's pointless to race you.

So, in leiu of an actual race, let me do the cliffs notes version of this race as it might actually have happened:

"Ok so me and this chick from work with the lancer who's been talking **** finally lined up. I was a little nevous, but thanks to you guys at ls1tech I knew that this race was probably going to be academic, an exercise in pointlessness.

We were on a deserted road about 10 miles from work, and our C5-beater boss gave us the wave to start, 50's style. She took off without even a tire squeak, and I never did hear that supercharger whine. But was mainly due to the wheelspin and roar from the flowmasters. Yeah, I spun pretty bad off line. I feathered the throttle until I got traction and then floored it. By this time she was about 3 car lengths ahead of me. Right about the time I shifted into 2nd I passed her and by the top of second I saw her so far back that I thought the race was over and she'd given up. I let off the gas and saw her start gaining on me. I put the throttle down again and just jumped away from her again.

I let off around 90mph because the road wasn't really built for that kind of speed and she flew past me about 8 or 10 seconds later. Then she turned her hazzard signals on, and I thought maybe she'd broken something with too big a shot of nitrous?? We drove back to the starting line and she jumped out saying something about winning and how her top end power owned me. Everybody laughed at her and explained that I let off the gas after I'd won twice. Then we all went back to a bar and ordered drinks with her picking up the tab.

Thanks ls1tech, I love you guys."
Old 10-10-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha thats hilarious
Old 10-10-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
don't you love those people? A stealth turbo, yeah right. Apparently he doesn't know what a BOV is for.
Haha yea exactly. I was so disgusted in his response I just rolled my window up and kept going. I dunno what it is with people in my area, they are retarded. Like honestly why put gauges on your a-pillar for everyone to see? You know people are gonna ask what it has done to it, and so then you lie and say you have a turbo? What happens then when you get called out to race? You cant because your car is a turd and all your lying caught up to you...****** morons!
Old 10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

nobody has mentioned that even if that car has sufficient hp, it isnt gonna hook at all, unless if it awd. But even if it is, I doubt its the same awd system that the evo uses.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
nobody has mentioned that even if that car has sufficient hp, it isnt gonna hook at all, unless if it awd. But even if it is, I doubt its the same awd system that the evo uses.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

wtf. i think there's something in this thread thats making people go loopy.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on you guys, I didn't start this thread to be insulted. The guy knew what an LS1 was and I gues he explained it to her. As I mentioned before, I tried to convince her, I told her I would race her for the next paycheck, i even went down to a 50 dollar bet, but she still said no. The guy seems to know his stuff. Even if he races imports. As for the C5 that might have been killed by him, I'm guessing he(C5 driver) couldn't drive.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cumbias
Come on you guys, I didn't start this thread to be insulted. The guy knew what an LS1 was and I gues he explained it to her. As I mentioned before, I tried to convince her, I told her I would race her for the next paycheck, i even went down to a 50 dollar bet, but she still said no. The guy seems to know his stuff. Even if he races imports. As for the C5 that might have been killed by him, I'm guessing he(C5 driver) couldn't drive.
you didn't start this thread to be insulted? You're talking about a lancer rally vs a LS1 T/A. This is a car even LT1 guys would laugh at.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you didn't start this thread to be insulted? You're talking about a lancer rally vs a LS1 T/A. This is a car even LT1 guys would laugh at.
True, but I didn't know much about Lancers until recently. Aren't these tech forums to learn more about you're car and gain more knowledge from others?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Haha uh oh, the LT1 guys are gonna be after you after that comment lol!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Dude you should be embarrassed for even posting that **** on here.
Lancer OZ Edition…

It's alright, get a few races under your belt, get to know about all of your potential opponents, do some basic modifications to your car (drag radials would be a good start), and you will start to build confidence in your car and in your self.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stanger88
All this work and no outcome??? All of the ENERGY SPENT, WASTED reading this thread for...NOTHING? Its like wining and dining a hot chic all evening and finally getting her back to the house just to discover she is a dick phobia. THIS SUCKS, BOOOOO!!!!!

Old 10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I have an LT1 and run low 13's with bad tires and mild bolt ons.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Teching In

I think she watched fast and the furious too many times!!!