Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Governator Signs New Street Racing Bill

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by santiago
all these rules about not being able to modify the car I pay for is a bunch of horseshit. I make the car payment, so I will do what I want to it.

Yeah no kidding, getting caught for street racing is one thing but getting caught for having a modded car is rediculous.

"Sir why did you pull me over?"

"Cause I see you got that exhuast stuff on there"

"what's the problem with that officer?"

"someone can get hurt"

"by what"

"the loudness, it's known to kill, be careful, oh and here's your 1,000,000,000.00 ticket."

Old 10-08-2005, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

it seems that everybody in cali should also invest in a few "other" things for their cars

1. big brake kit
2. suspension mods (handling)
3. switchable (on/off) rear lights with switch in passenger compartment.

this way the cops have no chance. your car will already accelerate faster then them, now you can break and take turns waaaay better also. **** em and start running. the lights thing can only assist in getting away also. i know if i lived in cali i would definetly run if given the slightest opportunity.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

Maybe they wouldn't catch you, but if they did, say goodbye to mom, cause noone's seeing you for a while, and anybody that's run into the inconsiderate as*hole cops in Sac, Frisco, Oakland, Hayward, or any of the other big cities knows they don't play around and will penalize you to the mazimum extent allowed.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it true that they have to catch both parties otherwise there is no proof of a second vehicle involved... they only have speeding/exhibition of speed depending...?
Old 10-08-2005, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Hey, if this makes you want to laugh...or shake your head in disapproval,keep reading. I'm in the Marine Corps, it's legal for my Z to be registered in Oklahoma and I'm stationed in california. I have no cats and I don't do smog tests. HA! I also drove 170+mph out through the Mojave desert and didn't get caught. Vegas was fun that night. Met a guy from the Mirage that after I killed his 03 z06 and he bought paid for my room that night. Just glad I didn't get caught being so irresponsible. But you have to admit, it was fun.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
On The Tree

Lucky
Old 10-09-2005, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jcgardnr
Hey Redneck Z, how do you get around emissions with your mods? I moved out to Torrance CA from Orlando FL. I havent done any mods yet because I am worried about the smog police.
You live in Torrance now? Welcome to state controlled racing parts (CARB EO's) . I'm originally from Gardena (born and raised). Couldn't really do squat to newer cars. One of the things I like about AZ is that I can delete/modify any damn thing I want and as long as it doesn't throw any codes (OBDII cars they plug in, no codes, you pass) no one cares....regardless of how loud the exhaust or ragged the idle .
Old 10-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Staging Lane

maybe he should go back to austria where he arapently belongs.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

I know in my county where I live in Ohio, we have no emission checks. Other counties do, but mine doesn't. Also, my county depends on the tax revenue generated each year from the annual car show [used to be the Hot Rod SuperNationals, sponsor pulled out, so it's now called the Steel Valley Nationals]. And my county is actually smart enough to realize that they could jeapardise a lot of money by enacting stupid laws.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

California is THEE gayest state in the nation. No question about it.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

People its the crying moms and parents that start these groups, to stop street racing when there dumbass kid gets killed. The cry and all of a sudden try a start some cause so it wont happen to other parents. Its on TV all the time............
Old 10-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Teching In

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/576.asp
Now CHP have the right to pull people over if they see any extra gauges, stickers, or have an exhaust the officer "thinks" is too loud.
Here is everything you need to know.
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.
umm, recently another law in some other state (washingtion I beleave, i could be very wrong) Struck down a law about DUI's, how does DUI have to do with sound? I'll explain.

The officer assumed that because of the blood alchol levels in a person body, past XYZ point ment the the person was drunk. This was thrown out by a judge because it assumed that the suspect was guilty before they where innocent.

Now this sound for cali is 95dB. If an officer thinks that you are over 95dB, they can write you a ticket for that. Yes you can fight it, but you will not be comensated for this. Again, the law assumes you are guilty befor you are innocent. Woot ******* cali.

Wow, in reading the laws on the CHP website talk about scare tactics. I recently read all of the laws, because I had to go to court....Grand in tickets for modificatations my @$$.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Steel Chicken
street racing shouldn't be that serious (as far as punishment)
but if you kill someone because of it, treat it as murder

EXACTLY
Old 10-11-2005, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Illegal to mod your car? ****, "from my cold dead hands"
Old 10-11-2005, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by slick1851
People its the crying moms and parents that start these groups, to stop street racing when there dumbass kid gets killed. The cry and all of a sudden try a start some cause so it wont happen to other parents. Its on TV all the time............
its the crying parents who bought these kids the faster cars and let them do whatever the hell they wanted to do
Old 10-15-2005, 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

I love my county and state
Old 10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't really get why people bitch about this. California is already the worst state in the nation by far for car enthusiasts. If you don't like the law, get your *** out of there. There are plenty of other nice places to live.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I don't really get why people bitch about this. California is already the worst state in the nation by far for car enthusiasts. If you don't like the law, get your *** out of there. There are plenty of other nice places to live.
born in . raised in , and ******* left california, i had to leave when ppl started calling it "cali", its a nice place to visit , and a even nicer place to live, its like , you wanna know what hell is like, but you wouldnt want to stay there
Old 10-15-2005, 08:17 PM
11 Second Club

yes, worst drivers ever in this state. (This coming from someone in born/raised in the Chicago area.) They don't know how to drive at all.

Gotta love being able to maintain my car's registration in Illinois. Oorah Marine Corps.

I'll flaunt my long tube headers and !EMISSIONS everything (That is, of course if I wanted to have emissions stuff off *eyes the room suspiciously*)
Old 10-15-2005, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ahh what happened to that law where if you are caught street racing they will put your car through the crusher??????? I could've sworn that was a law. None of what I have read is anymore strict then what use to be in effect (With street racing being a misdeamenor).

Quick Reply: Governator Signs New Street Racing Bill