Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005 | 11:01 AM
Teching In

Default Cts-v

A buddy of mine is getting to borrow his parent's CTS-V for a bit. He just took me for a ride and daaaaannnnnggggg . Them things is sweet! Were setting up a time to go for a run. Hopefully we can get a camera man for it and I should have a vid for you guys.
Old 10-12-2005 | 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice way for your friend to treat a borrowed car. No doubt his parents worked hard to get it.
Old 10-12-2005 | 01:29 PM
Banned

Man, I may be 19, but when my dad lets me borrow his 500+ hp mustang, I DO NOT plan on beating on it without him IN THE car at the time.

On another note, one of those revved at me and tried to race (on a down-town street w/35mph limit from a red-light while I was turning) needless to say i ignored him and when he peeled out it sounded good but wheel-hop was a BITCH. otherwise, nice cars.
Old 10-12-2005 | 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1-450
Nice way for your friend to treat a borrowed car. No doubt his parents worked hard to get it.

Old 10-12-2005 | 03:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1-450
<sarcasm>
Well thanks for the lecture but, I didn't post here to hear you complain
<sarcasm>
He is currently working on buying the car from his parents so it's going to be his car anyway. I thought maybe you guys would be intristed in seeing one of these go since they are so rare still but, I guess not so I'll just take it else where then.
Old 10-12-2005 | 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Hey arality, don't worry about LS1-450, he's just mad he drives a Miata.
Old 10-12-2005 | 07:46 PM
11 Second Club

I wouldn't mind having his Miata.....
Old 10-12-2005 | 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

people need to calm down, its not like anyone stole a car. It's his parents for christ sake not jay leno's weekend toy .

have fun, just dont get hurt
Old 10-12-2005 | 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

I feel the same way, when borrowing a car, dont dog it. What if you had a brand new Z06 and you let someone borrow it and they constantly were hammering on it before you ever did and before you even broke it in? Just imagine all the chips youd prolly get in your paint from rocks being thrown off of the road and not to mention having to get a new set of tires at least...and good luck trying to find someone who would repaint a C6 Z06 for cheap. I wouldn't let anyone borrow it if i got one but im just saying. I mean my sister lets me borrow her black 5-speed GT sometimes and i have never dogged it without her knowing im going to first and even at that...gotta take it easy with them fords. Anyways, sorry it just makes me mad when people kind of mess around with others peoples cars without them in the car or at least knowing. I would say if its gonna be his car anyway, just wait.
Old 10-12-2005 | 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Default It's about simple respect..........period!

Originally Posted by arality
I thought maybe you guys would be intristed in seeing one of these go since they are so rare still but, I guess not so I'll just take it else where then.

OK, bye-bye.

01SSDRVR, Where do you race?
Old 10-12-2005 | 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

lol, LS1-450 i dont think he was making fun of your miata at all. i sure as hell wouldnt want to race that thing!

as for the story, i agree with everyone, i wouldnt want someone raggin out my car when i let them take it out. a kid i knew in high school did that when his dad let him take out his brand new SRT-10, and he rolled it in a ditch. just be careful
Old 10-13-2005 | 11:14 AM
TECH Addict

Haha yea I wouldnt want to race ls1-450's miata either...and yea I have a similar story about an srt-10 viper. Buddy of mine has an older brother who worked at a dodge dealership. He had worked there for a while so they would let him test the cars when they came in before they were picked up by their new owners. Well some guy had ordered a brand new 2004 srt-10 viper (this was in late 2003 early 2004 when they were just out). They let him take the keys with another salesman and give it a test runt o make sure everything was working properly as im sure most dealerships do when they get a new car brought it. Anyways, to make a long story short basically my buddies brother decides to launch the thing from a stop light and breaks the tires loose, but instead of letting out of it he keeps hammering the gas, thing starts fishtailing, he smashed into the curb on the right side, then spins out and smashes into the car next to him. The viper was in sad shape and probably ended up being totalled because of the front end damage to the engine and he destroyed the right two wheels when he hit the curb. I have talked to his brother and he said it was the worst feeling in the world, having to take a cab back to the dealership and explain why he wasnt back in the Viper. He said when the manager saw the viper getting towed into the lot (since it wasnt driveable) he fired him on the spot. Haha I know I shouldnt be laughing but man i wish i could have seen that managers face!
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:04 PM
Teching In

My parents have a 04 CTS-V, a coupple weeks after I bought my camaro me and my dad went out to see how they compared. it was pretty close each time from a 20 roll to about 100, 40 roll to 100, i was ahead only by a little every run. great luxury car with hella power, but wheel hop from even a 20 roll, if i knew how to post vids i would. i have some good ones, me agistant cobras, trans ams, CTS-V's
Old 10-13-2005 | 04:11 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Would be a shame to sit in an ls6 powered car without pegging the tach.