Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 races with modified Lancer

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

KB...I was saying if I got a GT35R against a SC'd Z06 the Evo would most likely beat it. Dont get me wrong I dont want a heated debate...Its still gonna come down to the driver. I imagine with a SC'd Z06 your gonna have a lot more issues with it than an Evo, the Evo already has a fully forged motor. Anyways it wont happen so no point in arguing

Ghetto...That sounds sweet..Thats what im aiming for, a GT30 will be plenty. I have already talked to the shop where I get my work done and they said 400+ is no problem (reliably) I dont need 600+ whp although it would be nice. I would say with that 462 whp it should hit high 10's. With my current mods I should be able to crack 11's with a good launch.

Confuzed...As you said just not your style..I think the Evo sounds and look sweet. I know there are some horrible sounding exhausts out there, but there are plenty that I think sound very good (deep and throathy) not "bee" like at all As for the V8 rumble....Well unless your talking Mustang Personally I think a Mustang with an exhaust sounds sweet, I dont care for the sound of a Camaro or Firbird with an exhaust. Our Vette had a B&B with no mufflers, its loud as hell, sounds mean, but its not clean sounding to me, just my .02 cents
Old 11-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Evo's are neat cars, lotta potential...the AWD system is a bitch it it goes out though
Old 11-18-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a gt35r@35psi with a 60 shot(I imagine it's on race gas)

Mods: Gato Performance Intake & Exhuast Manifold, 3" Downpipe
Gato Performance Fuel Surge Tank & 4" Coldair intake
Perrine Fuel Rail
Dual 255 Walboro fuel pumps
AEM Engine Management System
Tial Blowoff Valve & Wastegate
HKS 282 Cams
Firanza Cam Gears
ATS Twin Carbon Plated Clutch
1000cc Precision Injectors
GT35-R Precision Turbine
APS Front Mount Intercooler
APS Intercooler Sprayer
APS 3"1/2 Catback
Road/Race Scatter shield
20 over ross pistons
Crower Rods
APR stods
Greddy timing belt
Head ported
Supertec iconel valves & springs
60 shot N X sistem
N X window swicht
Weapon R Damper (Motor mound)
TC By TRE
Kojo Evo 6 Radiator
Greddy Catch Can, Profec II boost control & Timer
Autometer Guages
Mitsubishi Genuine Rally Strutbar
NGK br8es Spark Plugs
sibon Carbon Fiber Hood
evo9 rear bumper
JDM MR ligths
CF front lip
Tien type S Springs "Tien damper kit on the way"
18" GT-7 Volks 3 piece Rims
and alot more!!!!!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

A lot of people here are making less power with s/c or turboed 346's......that's a 2.0L. Doesn't make them better, but definately something that deserves respect. The car ran 10.4 with a 1.5 60'
Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Well of course some people here are making less power with a S/C or Turbo. That car is modded to the hilt, huge turbo running 35lbs of boost + N20. No real point in comparing a modded to the hilt Evo to a generic FI LS1. Either compare stock for stock or mod for mod or there is no point. With that said, no doubt the Evo and its potential deserves respect in my opinion. It may not be for everyone but it certainly deserves respect I can agree with that.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Regular

Hey I agree. Props to anything fast! But still....... racing a four door four cylinder, dont care how big the strap on is just seems wrong as two boys ******' at an all girl school. I raced a WRX this weekend. The one with the brembo brakes. Had my *** handed to many a time that day. Very nice and clean looking car. Very nice guy. Not ricey at all. But I guess I am bias. V-8 rumble sounds sexy to me on the ls1 motors. Maybe I am just bitter!!!LOL.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Well of course some people here are making less power with a S/C or Turbo. That car is modded to the hilt, huge turbo running 35lbs of boost + N20. No real point in comparing a modded to the hilt Evo to a generic FI LS1. Either compare stock for stock or mod for mod or there is no point.
No because how would 5.7 litres of V8 being compared to 2.0 litre and 4 cylinders be any more equal of fair?

As STOCK for STOCK the most powerful Evo is the FQ400 with 400bhp and a top speed of 175mph. Now show me a STOCK Fbody that can match that?

You can't so it will once again come round to well if you added a blower to the LS1..... Yes but then it would be stock, it will be modded vs stock.

Each car plays to it's strenghts. The LS1 has capacity and number of cylinders, the Evo has DOHC technology and very high specific output.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is ANYTHING yes ANYTHING is comparable to another, cost, reliability, configuration, country of origin are only factors not reasons to discount them. The only thing that should really be considered is "how realistic it is". As in can it really be used on the road and have long enough durabilty to be claimed as a road car and be within the realms of what people can actually do and afford to do to a car.

On every count the Evo/Sti score, as yes they can be made quick, really quick. And people do actually do it. They may not last that long, but then again neither do many tuned/blown Ls1's and Mustangs. And yes the Evo may not be the cheepest route, but it's perfectly feasable and doable.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Well of course some people here are making less power with a S/C or Turbo. That car is modded to the hilt, huge turbo running 35lbs of boost + N20. No real point in comparing a modded to the hilt Evo to a generic FI LS1.
Even comparing mod for mod....most people here are making less than 800rwhp with forged bottom end, ported heads/cam, and power adders. Granted, they are using much less boost, but they also have a 5.7L vs. a 2.0L....they also lose less power by being rwd instead of awd.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
No because how would 5.7 litres of V8 being compared to 2.0 litre and 4 cylinders be any more equal of fair?

As STOCK for STOCK the most powerful Evo is the FQ400 with 400bhp and a top speed of 175mph. Now show me a STOCK Fbody that can match that?

You can't so it will once again come round to well if you added a blower to the LS1..... Yes but then it would be stock, it will be modded vs stock.

Each car plays to it's strenghts. The LS1 has capacity and number of cylinders, the Evo has DOHC technology and very high specific output.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is ANYTHING yes ANYTHING is comparable to another, cost, reliability, configuration, country of origin are only factors not reasons to discount them. The only thing that should really be considered is "how realistic it is". As in can it really be used on the road and have long enough durabilty to be claimed as a road car and be within the realms of what people can actually do and afford to do to a car.

On every count the Evo/Sti score, as yes they can be made quick, really quick. And people do actually do it. They may not last that long, but then again neither do many tuned/blown Ls1's and Mustangs. And yes the Evo may not be the cheepest route, but it's perfectly feasable and doable.
Just out of curiosity what is a stock FQ400 Evo? I mean I wouldnt compare it to a stcok F-body as it sounds like a special edition vehicle. Thats like saying a stock Lingenfelter twin turbo vette or a stock hennessey twin turbo viper. Not really a car you can honestly say is stock. Also, maybe a stock f-body cant match that FQ400 but im sure a stock C5 Z06 would be close.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I believe the FQ400 cost about 47k pounds which would be about $79,000 USD.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

You could build your own fq400 for about 10-15k over the price of a regular evo.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

the FQ 400 is a trim level sold by Mitsubishi,

There are several models here are a few.

RS-GSR-MR-FQ400 Each has 1 up on the next it's like in f-body's v6-rs-z28-ss

or mustangs v6-gt-cobra
Old 11-18-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's just nice to see someone launching these things like they were meant to be launched. Very rare to see someone drive these cars to there full potential.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
I believe the FQ400 cost about 47k pounds which would be about $79,000 USD.
Holy ****, thats insane! My buddy got his 04 MR for 34K brand new zero mileage off the lot in 2004. I mean im sure there are other upgrades to it but he probably has about the power levels that FQ400 is pushing to the wheels with about 2-3K in mods. Man thats expensive! Im gonna search for a list of the parts on it online but I never understand why a company would put out a car model like that? I mean the evo's are def a nice bang for the buck performance wise, then they come out with some absurdly expensive model which is more than double the cost. I mean its like the cobras and the saleens. True the saleens look sweet and are amazing cars, but id rather have a cobra for half the money as it is just as fast if not faster and you can use the rest of the money to mod the hell out of it. Theres collectors value based in the price as well but if your gonna drive the **** out of it its a moot point. Oh well thats JMO.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Look for the video of the FQ400 racing a lamb youll see the only reason the evo looses at the end is because of a horrible cut back corner that the evo almost has to stop for (turning radius of a semi) and the Lambo just drifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=99zfETvco8Q

Truly an awesome car. MAde it around the track faster than the vette

Last edited by Juiced; 11-18-2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Why is quick Z06 always first to nock somone for an evo kill always have an escuse.. if he had this or that or the rite tune.. well what if the ss had something besides a lid and a cutout? ya the evo dont have a chance. unless he has more mods that the ss. and what if the ss had about 20 lbs of boost? ya what now.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Why is quick Z06 always first to nock somone for an evo kill always have an escuse.. if he had this or that or the rite tune.. well what if the ss had something besides a lid and a cutout? ya the evo dont have a chance. unless he has more mods that the ss. and what if the ss had about 20 lbs of boost? ya what now.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

BBC's Top Gear had this to say about the FQ400
EVO v Lambo

So, you want to drive fast but your pocket money won't stretch to a Lamborghini. Well, what if we told you there was a cheaper option? It's the Evo VIII. It costs an admittedly high £47,000 and it stalls every single time you try and pull away from traffic lights making you look quite daft. Still, in terms of bang for buck, it doesn't get much better; the Evo keeps up with the Lambo, and if you want to save a few pounds you could get the more basic Evo rather than the FQ400 we tested.
They also said the clutch is crap, the ride is terribly bumpy and it needs to be maintained every 4000 miles. The tires only last 4000 miles also. The FQ400 also got 4mpg during their test...yes 4mpg. The car runs on 110 octane.

Overall, despite it's quirks the FQ400 is still a good deal for the purist over in Europe. They put it up against a Pagini Zonda and it matched it in everything but top speed. The 400 is E47,000 and the Zonda is E303,000
Old 11-18-2005, 03:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
wow, you my friend are a complete jack ***. He has KNOCKED nobody. W/ FI cars, tune makes all the difference. I know it did for my roomies car.

If an SS had 20lbs of boost, it would blow up(unless it was built), WHAT NOW?!?!??!

From judging the numbers in your sig, my roomie has full exhaust and MBC and would make your car its bitch.

I love reading ignorant posts such as the one i quoted, that just can not give respect to other cars. It is all about the love of going fast. So, I wonder how many ppl are going to make fun of my car in my sig bc it is not an LS1.

ya, what now grammar bOIIIIEEEE
Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mattkimsey
BBC's Top Gear had this to say about the FQ400 They also said the clutch is crap, the ride is terribly bumpy and it needs to be maintained every 4000 miles. The tires only last 4000 miles also. The FQ400 also got 4mpg during their test...yes 4mpg. The car runs on 110 octane.

Overall, despite it's quirks the FQ400 is still a good deal for the purist over in Europe. They put it up against a Pagini Zonda and it matched it in everything but top speed. The 400 is E47,000 and the Zonda is E303,000
Watched the vid and that evo is def nice, but 110 octane all the time and 4mpg? WTF? Thats crazy, I couldnt imagine having to run 100 octane all the time, still though it would be a fun car to tear up the roads in Europe with and impressive that it hangs so well with lambo.