Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Any body race a turbo bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yea, I forgot- the point of me bringing up that mustang is it ballparked at around 1,500-1,600 HP at the motor......since you were curious.

I don't know about all other cities nationwide, but there are a few spots down here and around the east and southeast where 5 sec. 1/8th cars get down for big $ on the streets. But, kinda like you said-they don't really cruise out on the highways much.

A little off topic- but I saw a gsxr1000 get pulled on by a buick gn in the 1/4 on the street a couple times one night. The bike guys there all said he was their quickest bike too, & I smelled race gas from him. The buick guy wouldn't pop the hood, all I saw was a full interior/laptop/draglites-slicks/and it was still as quiet as a stock gn.

Does anyone have any good turbo-busa video links?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by steveb
A few of my bike friends disagree on what kind of power in a car would keep with our bike. I feel 900 plus WHP would keep with a 200hp bike, now i know my bike might be hard to beat but a few friends have 200whp turbo bike and i think there are a few cars out there that will keep up.. I remember doing a roll with a F50 on a 150hp bike and he was pulling me. Not shure of the power of the car but it was fast. I know my vette doesn't have a chance but somebody out there must. Well thanks for all the info.
Are we talking a Ferrari F50? If you raced a Ferrari F50, wow what an experience!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

My brother has a turbo busa, it has 350rwhp, at 14psi, but he hasnt ran it with 14psi yet. He ran it with 7psi which is probly like 245rwph, it ran a 8.69 at 160mph. And its still not tuned right really. So we are hopin for high 7's low 8's next season. And this is a street bike its lowed and extened, but no wheelie bar. and it was on a street tire. I dont know if any one saw it but it was at MIR for the Import vs domastic.
Attached Thumbnails Any body race a turbo bike?-jay.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Yes it was the one and only F50. I was coming back from Newport RI. I coudn't believe this old guy was hammering on that car.