Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C4's......

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4's......

On the way home from dinner last night an old guy in his Turqouise C4 though he had what it took to take Me.Don't exacly know what he was thinking his Crossfire Vette couldn't outrun my neighbor on his pocket bike.

I gave him a 2 car jump in second, by them time i hit 3rd i was dead even and as i shifted int0 4th (about 103 mph) i was no less than 3 cars ahead.

I thought it was pretty funny.

and no i[m not proud of it just bored so i wanted to share.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kill, vette owners seem to think they are the ****, no matter what they have (no offence to the vette owners who ARE the ****...)
Old 01-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Teching In

haha......tha ****????? yeah they THINK they are. not all of them but some of them. Boy I love runnin them z06's
Old 01-09-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Good kill, vette owners seem to think they are the ****, no matter what they have (no offence to the vette owners who ARE the ****...)

I just hate the waive I get all the time.

Nothing dorkier then a 70 year old dude in a Z06 yellow Z06 waiving to me.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with a wave?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea there are some nasty vettes out there, many who are on this board, and ive found most vette owners are cool people, but then there are the cocky ones (mostly mid 20's-30's owners) who think their stock vette is the fastest thing on the planet. Ive had two bad experiences with vette owners. 1st is this guy in an 01 z06. Drives past where my buddies and I hang out all the time and absolutely floors it when he goes by and gives us these like dirty looks. Finally, my buddy, who had a H/C/150 shot 01 Z28 (before he blew the engine, hes building a 408 right now) took off after him. Got the guy to follow him on the highway and race and blew him away, he hasnt given us any dirty looks since. The second was with my buddies dad. Hes been a vette owner for a long time (mostly classic vettes with stock engines so they were pretty slow and heavy). He finally gets a 99 C5 vette. i start talking to him about the engine and was telling him how easy it is to mod and how well they respond to certain mods and hes like "how do you know all this stuff?" and when i told him that I knew so much because its the same engine in my 98 z28 he was in disbelief, and he wouldnt believe me till I brought my z28 over and showed him. Even then he goes "well the vette is still faster though, GM wouldnt have it on par with a camaro". I rolled my eyes and just left it like that because he doesnt race, he just likes crusing in his vettes. So yea there are some cocky vette owners but I just think they show it more by being smug. Hell I mean Im cocky when im driving my z28, as I know that in stock form it can beat 90-95% of the cars out there on the road today, I just dont act smug and I appreciate other cars and know what they can do and are capable of. You always going to have cocky owners in any group of cars (evos, sti's, srt-4's, vettes, camaro, trans ams, cobras, mustangs, etc etc), it just comes with owning a fast car, no matter what the make.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Yea there are some nasty vettes out there, many who are on this board, and ive found most vette owners are cool people, but then there are the cocky ones (mostly mid 20's-30's owners) who think their stock vette is the fastest thing on the planet. Ive had two bad experiences with vette owners. 1st is this guy in an 01 z06. Drives past where my buddies and I hang out all the time and absolutely floors it when he goes by and gives us these like dirty looks. Finally, my buddy, who had a H/C/150 shot 01 Z28 (before he blew the engine, hes building a 408 right now) took off after him. Got the guy to follow him on the highway and race and blew him away, he hasnt given us any dirty looks since. The second was with my buddies dad. Hes been a vette owner for a long time (mostly classic vettes with stock engines so they were pretty slow and heavy). He finally gets a 99 C5 vette. i start talking to him about the engine and was telling him how easy it is to mod and how well they respond to certain mods and hes like "how do you know all this stuff?" and when i told him that I knew so much because its the same engine in my 98 z28 he was in disbelief, and he wouldnt believe me till I brought my z28 over and showed him. Even then he goes "well the vette is still faster though, GM wouldnt have it on par with a camaro". I rolled my eyes and just left it like that because he doesnt race, he just likes crusing in his vettes. So yea there are some cocky vette owners but I just think they show it more by being smug. Hell I mean Im cocky when im driving my z28, as I know that in stock form it can beat 90-95% of the cars out there on the road today, I just dont act smug and I appreciate other cars and know what they can do and are capable of. You always going to have cocky owners in any group of cars (evos, sti's, srt-4's, vettes, camaro, trans ams, cobras, mustangs, etc etc), it just comes with owning a fast car, no matter what the make.
Good post.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
What's wrong with a wave?

ah,...gay

They wave,..I give the finger.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I'm as cocky as they come,...but i'm cool as **** to everybody. I give respect to everyone,...unless your a dick.

Most of my buddies,...have vettes,...age 19 400 plus to the wheels black C6...me, 26 well over 400 to the wheels on motor and well over 600 on spray,....my cousin,..28, MTI Z07 560 rear wheel and 780 rear wheel spray. We're all cool,...we all chill but,...we can easily be dicks, should the situation arise. Which it always does hanging out with a bunch of street racers.

For the record,...the vette will be quicker outta the box,....(power to weight).

Peace out people.

J
Old 01-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ell Ess Won
Good post.
Agreed.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Plenty of C4s running around here....whats an Lt1 Vette run on average anyway?
Old 01-10-2006, 03:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I'm as cocky as they come,...but i'm cool as **** to everybody. I give respect to everyone,...unless your a dick.
Soooo a 70 year old man who waves at you is a dick?

Good post.
also agreed

to orig poster, nice kill.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Mid to high 13's...

They are actually pretty fast....it's just that we are on LS1 tech...were anything in the 13's is slow.

There's good reason for that though...

LSx camaros...birds...gto's...vettes can all run 12's with slicks....

lots of C5's and C6's and the 05 GTO's can run high 12's pretty regurly on the stock tires...So mid to high 13's is yesterdays news on this site...

Now on just about any other message board...Mid to high 13's is MOVIN
Old 01-10-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette
lots of C5's and C6's and the 05 GTO's can run high 12's pretty regurly on the stock tires...So mid to high 13's is yesterdays news on this site...
more like 11s and 12s here yesterday news, lol. There are lots of 10s and single digits cars showing up here now.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chris95Z
Soooo a 70 year old man who waves at you is a dick?

also agreed

to orig poster, nice kill.

It's my personal opinion that if a person waves at you,...due simply to the type of car you drive,...thats of the same sex,..is gay/stupid/pointless.

In my opinion, most Corvette guys are a little behind in the performance market. Typically, they are old. Uneducated performance wise unless it's a Lingenfelter product. I have no problem waveing to someone that just said thank you for allowing them to merge in front of me. Common courtisy, or a simple hello is great, just not by every single Corvette on the road.

It gets old after a while man,...as charming or as fun as you think it may be.

The 70 year old man was an example,...if you didn't understand that,...take it as you'd like. Would it have been better if I said it was a gay dude, instead of the 70 year old man?... Then he would have gotten the bird for sure,..and no, I don't mean the "dirty bird".

Now if it was a female waveing,...completely different story.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, you have a complex thought on showing appreciation via simple motor skills. Remind me that if I ever see yer car not to wave...oh, wait, i do not drive a same make car, so its ok according to paragraph 1, sentences 1&2. J/k but yeah, some guy honked like a **** at me in his 5.0 then we got to the light and he wouldnt even look at me, guess b/c i was white maybe? who knows, felt out gunned maybe? i dunno. gay.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Man, you have a complex thought on showing appreciation via simple motor skills. Remind me that if I ever see yer car not to wave...oh, wait, i do not drive a same make car, so its ok according to paragraph 1, sentences 1&2. J/k but yeah, some guy honked like a **** at me in his 5.0 then we got to the light and he wouldnt even look at me, guess b/c i was white maybe? who knows, felt out gunned maybe? i dunno. gay.

lol. guess I shouldn't start, then walk away, then start,..then walk away.

Plus,...all the fumes I huff.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

I waive when ever I see another Vette...

Of course I live towards the country side were I see a Vette every other day. When Im up in Honnolulu I see them all the time and dont even bother. Gets old really fast....
Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

LT1 cars can be quick.

I raced a Crossfire Injection car......... In my opinion the worst form of Fuel injection ever designed.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I hate those cocky vette drivers :-P Haha, although a camaro is as fast as a vette, I do think the vette's are a little better around the twisties, and it seems the vette is put together a little nicer. I still have MAD RESPECT for the Camaro though and consider them my equal. I still don't think my car is fast enough.... saving up for a blower...