Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ricer math is the only true math, didn't you know that? LOL
Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Banned

Haha, I love it, since I pulleda 350Z from 70 to 90 by 2+ cars, I could also kill 99-04 GT's
Old 01-20-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey MASTI what color was the rsx type s? Since you heard a whoosh im guessing its one of my evo buddies friend as he has an rsx type s thats turbo charged. Its pretty fast but I can def see you taking him. I havent had a chance to run him yet but im dying to to see what the car really has in it against a lightly modded ls1. Nice kill though!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Launching!

This car was black and up on 290. My commute is through 290-190, and that's where I ran into him. I don't know what this guy had, but it seemed pretty quick. Not sure, but it didn't look like an aftermarket exhaust either......unless he kept his stock muffler?.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Addict

Im not sure, ive only seen the car a couple of times, mostly heard stuff from one of my best friends that hangs with him. Def sounds like the car I know though, dont think there are too many people in central mass that would be on 290 with a turboed rsx. I believe everything else is stock in the engine except for a CAI and the turbo kit bolted on and tuned. I want to say hes only running 5-6 psi, but he could have turned it up, but i doubt it. I dunno if he has a turboback or not but if he does its def the same sized/shape exhaust tip so it would appear to be the stock exhaust. Ill try to find out more but yea his is def black so im pretty sure it was him. I dont know a whole lot about the kid but seems to be sorta cocky. I hang out with a ton of evo/sti/srt-4 guys during the summer and a handful of them will talk tons of **** about how they think they can take my car (which im sure some of them could as most of them are failry well modded) but when I get there they all shut up and its basically because I know what they have done to theirs and they never ask me what i have done to mine so all they know is my car is loud as sin and when i show up they all of a sudden become quiet haha. Cant wait till this spring/summer when i have my cam put in, going with a good sized cam (FM14), hoping for 400rwhp, and I know the guys who talk all that **** are modding their cars now so come spring/summer I hope one calls me out, will they be in for a surprise. BTW how much boost are you pushing now with the tune and have you looked into a waste gate actuator yet? My buddy got one for his 2004 srt-4 and it made a world of difference, as his car is holding about 13-15 psi to redline as opposed to it dropping to 10-11 psi at around 5000 rpm to redline. Thing pulls really hard up top now.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:19 PM
Launching!

i'm pushing about 20psi and a taper to about 16psi at redline. In the STi it's VERY bad to keep it high on the stock turbo. Anything over 17psi is dangerous at redline. I got tuned from one of the best in the country, so I feel pretty safe. With the amount of miles I have(92k miles) I'm gonna wait until my turbo goes then I'll get an aftermarket turbo worth about 400-450whp.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MaSTi
i'm pushing about 20psi and a taper to about 16psi at redline. In the STi it's VERY bad to keep it high on the stock turbo. Anything over 17psi is dangerous at redline. I got tuned from one of the best in the country, so I feel pretty safe. With the amount of miles I have(92k miles) I'm gonna wait until my turbo goes then I'll get an aftermarket turbo worth about 400-450whp.
Wow 92K miles, you must commute a ton! Nice to see that its running healthier than ever and yea id do the same, wait till the stock factory turbo goes then upgrade, no sense switching it out now. Yea i can see the turbo overheating if held at too high a psi level till redline, must put some awful stress on the turbine. Sounds like a real nice sti you have there though!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A stock 99-04 GT should beat a 260hp 350Z. In the quarter, the GT's are faster. From a roll, It would be a really good race. I think 350Z's run 14.1's or so. 99-04 GT's run anywhere from 13.7-14.2 stock. Torque has a lot to due with it...
Old 01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
A stock 99-04 GT should beat a 260hp 350Z. In the quarter, the GT's are faster. From a roll, It would be a really good race. I think 350Z's run 14.1's or so. 99-04 GT's run anywhere from 13.7-14.2 stock. Torque has a lot to due with it...
A stock Mustang has 265 horse where as the Z has 287 horsepower. We usually dyno like 235 or so to the wheels and in the magazines they record the 350 running 13.9 where on average in the forum we see 13.7 to 14.0 for a 1/4. Don't forget that the mustang is a heavier car as well. Your right on the torque part of it though which is what keeps them in the running. I work at a mustang shop so i've gotten to run a couple and I get slightly walked on by my buddies 04 mach 1 so I don't know about a 99-04 GT's. The new i'm sure is a different story but I haven't gotten to run one.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
A stock Mustang has 265 horse where as the Z has 287 horsepower. We usually dyno like 235 or so to the wheels and in the magazines they record the 350 running 13.9 where on average in the forum we see 13.7 to 14.0 for a 1/4. Don't forget that the mustang is a heavier car as well. Your right on the torque part of it though which is what keeps them in the running. I work at a mustang shop so i've gotten to run a couple and I get slightly walked on by my buddies 04 mach 1 so I don't know about a 99-04 GT's. The new i'm sure is a different story but I haven't gotten to run one.
A buddy of mine has a stock 99 GT with exhaust. (no intake or anything, just exhaust) He raced an 04 S2000 with an intake and exhaust and beat it badly. They raced from a dig, a 20 roll and a 40 roll. Each time the GT pulled the S2000. We actually got it on video and I have it. I personally don't think the S2000 is much slower than a 350Z. I think it would be a very close race. I also don't believe a 350Z would pull an S2000 nearly as much as the GT did...

I just did some research on both cars. (the 350Z and S2000) From what I read on the quarter mile sites, S2000's run an average of a 14.1 and a 350Z runs a 14.3. Both cars completely stock. I also looked up a G35 since they are similiar. They run a 14.6. I know the G35 would be slower, since it has a little less hp and is heavier.

Personally, I have never heard of a stock 350Z running a 13.7. Check this link out to a modded 350Z that runs a 13.1. How could a stock one run a 13.7???

Here is a link to stock specifications of a 350Z and it's quarter mile.

Also, the 350Z does not weigh much more than the GT...It's not going to make up for the 35 more lbs of torque the GT has. The mustang would take it off the line and it would just stay that way in my opinion. With the average stock trap speed being 99MPH or even 100 MPH, that wouldn't give the 350 enough to move past the GT.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think people realize that yes, there is drivetrain loss, but it's not as crazy as people make it sound. A stock for stock 350 vs. STi/EVO the AWD car will beat it. How comparable are the 350 to a mustang GT? They are pretty similar in my mind, and when I was stock and I raced my friends GT, I walked for the most part at any speed. He even had an exhaust, so that give you an idea of what our stock cars can do. I'm not saying I took off, but I'd say about 1/2 a car lenth for every 15-20mph gained. *shrug*

how much does ur subbie weight?
Old 01-24-2006, 08:28 AM
Launching!

3250 stock everything in it. I took out the basic jack and spare. I addition I weigh about 155lbs. SO all said and done about 3400 give or take.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

I dunno I think a stock 350z vs a stock 99-04 mustang gt would be a drivers race. I have been in a couple stock 99-04 mustang gt's and ive been in 2 350z's and I liked the feel of the 350z way more than the stangs. What do both cars weigh stock from the factory?
Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

3250 stock everything in it. I took out the basic jack and spare. I addition I weigh about 155lbs. SO all said and done about 3400 give or take.

Thats not bad at all, 3400 pounds with the power you are making is def a stout combo, especially on the street. I love awd clutch dumps. My buddy took me out in his modded EVO MR (making about 330 whp) and he went from a dead stop to about 100 mph with a good sized clutch dump off the line (3500 rpms or so) and the thing hooked and pulled real hard all the way to 100 mph. I was so impressed I almost bought an evo rs the following week but my camaro is almost paid off and i got an insane deal on my 02 lincoln navigator that I didnt get it....for now! I like the look of the STI's though way more, only reason id go with the evo rs is due to the forged engine and factory front mount intercooler. However, if I decide to keep whatever awd car as a moderatly modified car (ecu flash, turboback, wga, bov, etc) then id def go with an STI, they look so much meaner than an evo IMO.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Yeah, looking back, if I was going to mod like I did, I should have gone EVO, but stock is definatly all STi. It's just a little too much $$$ to mod the STi, where the evo is dirt cheap in comparison.

The main reason I went STi was...... 1) 6-speed, 2) less boost, 3) bigger engine/more tq., and finally 4) Mitsu. wouldn't let me touch the car even though I had a deposit on an STi. They shoot them selves in the foot any way possible. I told them what I made, and that I could afford it, but they wanted to hear none of it, so ohhh well, I'll give Subaru my hard earned $$$.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, looking back, if I was going to mod like I did, I should have gone EVO, but stock is definatly all STi. It's just a little too much $$$ to mod the STi, where the evo is dirt cheap in comparison.

The main reason I went STi was...... 1) 6-speed, 2) less boost, 3) bigger engine/more tq., and finally 4) Mitsu. wouldn't let me touch the car even though I had a deposit on an STi. They shoot them selves in the foot any way possible. I told them what I made, and that I could afford it, but they wanted to hear none of it, so ohhh well, I'll give Subaru my hard earned $$$.
Yea I only know how much it is to heavily mod an sti as a couple of my buddies have them and with the larger displacement motor in the suby you can hit higher HP numbers with just bolt on buts when you start going serious turbo upgrades the mitsu engine def is a better choice. I only looked at the EVO RS because my buddies all bought their EVOs (5 in all, 1 MR, 2 EVO VIII's, and 2 EVO RS) from the same dealership so he quoted me 25K for a brand new EVO rs out the door, which isnt too bad a deal. But again on sheer looks id chose the STI everytime, and the STI's sound much better in my opinion with a turboback than an EVO. Thats pretty bad though, they wouldnt let you take an EVO for a test drive, even after you told them that you had money down for an STI? Thats just retarded! What dealership did that, the one on route 9 right before the 495 exits or a different one? BTW what color is your STI? IF its silver I think ive seen you on route 9 ro 290 before. Also, do you ever go through Shrewsbury? I live right near the center of town and I see a couple of STI's go through every once in a while but dont know the owners.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
A buddy of mine has a stock 99 GT with exhaust. (no intake or anything, just exhaust) He raced an 04 S2000 with an intake and exhaust and beat it badly. They raced from a dig, a 20 roll and a 40 roll. Each time the GT pulled the S2000. We actually got it on video and I have it. I personally don't think the S2000 is much slower than a 350Z. I think it would be a very close race. I also don't believe a 350Z would pull an S2000 nearly as much as the GT did...

I just did some research on both cars. (the 350Z and S2000) From what I read on the quarter mile sites, S2000's run an average of a 14.1 and a 350Z runs a 14.3. Both cars completely stock. I also looked up a G35 since they are similiar. They run a 14.6. I know the G35 would be slower, since it has a little less hp and is heavier.

Personally, I have never heard of a stock 350Z running a 13.7. Check this link out to a modded 350Z that runs a 13.1. How could a stock one run a 13.7???

Here is a link to stock specifications of a 350Z and it's quarter mile.

Also, the 350Z does not weigh much more than the GT...It's not going to make up for the 35 more lbs of torque the GT has. The mustang would take it off the line and it would just stay that way in my opinion. With the average stock trap speed being 99MPH or even 100 MPH, that wouldn't give the 350 enough to move past the GT.
Here's a thread that started with a guy running a 13.7 which I admit is a very very good time to run Stock. On page four he puts the attachment but if you read the whole post you'll see the most consistant number is from 13.7-14.0. Trust me, I work for Mustangs.....(Hope I don't get shot for that on here) So I've gotten to run a few and I'm not the greatest driver but i'm pretty decent. It's a good fight between us but I seem to edge bone stock ones out. I really want to run a new one but I think i'll lose to that now. Check out the link it's pretty interesting to read.

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/showt...highlight=13.7
Old 01-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I dunno I think a stock 350z vs a stock 99-04 mustang gt would be a drivers race. I have been in a couple stock 99-04 mustang gt's and ive been in 2 350z's and I liked the feel of the 350z way more than the stangs. What do both cars weigh stock from the factory?
Well my door reads 3,230 and I believe a Mustang GT is close to 3,400 so there's not that much of a difference on wieght I guess!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DemitriHKS
Here's a thread that started with a guy running a 13.7 which I admit is a very very good time to run Stock. On page four he puts the attachment but if you read the whole post you'll see the most consistant number is from 13.7-14.0. Trust me, I work for Mustangs.....(Hope I don't get shot for that on here) So I've gotten to run a few and I'm not the greatest driver but i'm pretty decent. It's a good fight between us but I seem to edge bone stock ones out. I really want to run a new one but I think i'll lose to that now. Check out the link it's pretty interesting to read.

http://350zmotoring.com/forums/showt...highlight=13.7
You gave me a link to a thread of some guy that ran a 13.7 in a 350Z in 40 degree weather. Everyone on that thread was saying he had a freak car and they didn't believe it. This was a very big shock to everyone and many people said most of them run 14's, not 13's.

He is not running those times consistent. It was obviously perfect track conditions (as he mentioned) and a very cold night. On average, 350Z's run low 14's. Running a 13.7-13.9 is very unlikely and very impressive. A 99 GT running a 13.9 is not impressive. It has been done many times and doesn't need "perfect track conditions" in 40 degree weather.

I say on average, it's a drivers race giving it more to the GT. I myself have never seen a stock 350Z run any faster than a 9.3 in the 1/8. I thought that was good for those cars. Those cars also had better 60's.

I still think it is odd that a stock 350Z with a 2.2 60' is running a 13.7 in the quarter...That's a freak of a car, or something is done to it.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stanger88
By ricer math, I now conclude that I can bury 99-04 GT's !
According to my calculations yes,unless you add a quantum mechanics( FI ) into the equation Supra > Gt , GT + FI > Supra , APU Supra x GT + FI = ???