Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

two gts vs. SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two gts vs. SS

WHERE ARE MY FELLOW LS1 brothers when you need em....man i was coming home tonite from class ....and in my mirror friggin two silver mustangs come on the side of me....and honestly guys this is my FIRST m6 vehicle...one was like an 00 gt and the other id say was like a 96....i went at it first with the 00 gt and i kept on spinning the wheels at the light....so we go from a roll on and i was in 2nd gear at 3k rpms...i rip it and my car started fish tailing...i mean i have good tires and all so wtfffff....so i gave up on him and they were laughing at me and ****....the guy in the 96 gets all gassed up and **** and thinks he could take me...so he rolls up next to me and the 00 gt backs off.....we go at three honks again....and i took off in 3rd gear and kept on pulling....and the sad part about it was that i didn't even have the throttle mashed down....

so i'm thinking its over but the friggin 00 gt wants to kick my *** all over town...so theyy followed me for some time....i made a u turn by the next light and the 00 gt pulls up next to me again...thisss time my tires were ready...at three honks i let it ripppp....man i was getting ready to sell my car which i had for like a week..but this last race changed it all....i pulled on him from the beginning and kept on pulling....the worst part about it was that i started hearing a tapping noise and my heart sank...my legs were LITERALLY shaking......i pulled over in the 7 eleven by nassau hospital...popped the hood and reved....nothing....i think i'm just hearing things...i really wish you guys were there man...
Old 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice run's.
Maybe cut back on the coffee a bit? lol
Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tapping was prolly your imagination. However, I would have the car scanned for an over-rev code...LS1 pushrods + M6 = nuff said. More than likely though, its yer imagination. Lay off the coffee. And yes, spinning will kill you. I finally talked to the owner of the V6 05 mustang that got me off the light HOT GIRL!!! and it was a stick, and well, I had not had the car that long and she launched PERFECT while I sat there stunned that this V6 was even running me. I also lit my tires up pretty nasty in 2nd gear when I shifted. All in all 0-50 she outdrove my *** pathetically. I blame my tires....
Old 01-21-2006, 01:27 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stanger88
LS1 pushrods + M6 = nuff said.
agreed, same thing happened to me with the noise deal..... your heart drops and your legs shake..... great kills i hate when people fallow you like that too
Old 01-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Board Certified Idiot

Sounds Like you Need SOME Serious PRATICE in your CAR going from a DIG. HEHE. But none the less Good RUns
Old 01-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, I never got it, what is it with LS1 pushrods??? Oh, btw, I got a sick picture of what happens on a Harley when you forget the wrist pins...here are the 2 piston rods...
Attached Thumbnails two gts vs. SS-harley-minus-wrist-pin.jpg  
Old 01-21-2006, 03:50 AM
Launching!

Sweet kills and i'm guessing the sound was all in your head also, i dunno how many times i've ran the **** outta my mustang and hear a weird noise from the motor end's up being nothing lol you just notice it after running it hard i guess. The worst is spraying and missing 3rd and hearing those damn noises scares the **** out of you done that a few times
Old 01-21-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

honestly i need A LOTTT more practice shifting quickly....but why would m6=pushrods..? or do you guys mean bending the pushrods?
Old 01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Overrev the car, and you risk bending some pushrods....which could cause a tapping noise....and would suck *** for you .

Also, if you plan on racing the car, one thing you need to learn is to CALM DOWN....don't get all amped up and "just punch it"...Remember, easing into it may not SEEM like the fastest option, but moving forward is moving forward....and if you're spinning, you're probably not goin anywhere.

-Will