Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

AMS EVO Kills 900whp

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it fair when he had 3 people in the car vs the viper and still won.

Secondly, how do you know they didn't want to go from a roll?
Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
NO dig... not impressed. Personally I don't knwo about everyone else, but none of those videos was ever from a stop.. I can't give anybody who does roll racing credit. Dead Stop yes... roll racing... No ... that's just how drag racing is.... you don't start at 45mph you start at 0mph.

None of those videos were from a stop because noone wanted to race an AWD car from a stop when it gave them trouble from a roll.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by EviLS1
Ten bucks says the guy wont race Willie
Why? I bet you $100 he would. One guy on need2speed that knows the evo guy said they would, and then Willie said sorry he sold his car but would race him with his new car when he got done.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DMSZ28
roll races are gay
I'm sorry, but I don't even see many stop races with LS1's on the street. All I ever see of street racing videos is mainly rolls, even on here.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
But my question is if it is AWD, and AWD is supposed to be awesome from a dig. Then why doesn't it race more often from a dig? Yeah its pretty insane to go from a dig on the highway, but **** it i want to see more of this car from a dig.
-Joel

awd is only good to a certain point..or else the fastest cars would be awd, but they are not. 900hp is gonna smoke all 4 tires...have you ever spun all 4 tires in a awd car...its not the most wonderful feel..cause the car fishtails and goes out of control.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

If he can't race from a DEAD STOP then why the hell is this car even a subject of talk? Who cares about a car with tons of money thrown at it that makes allot of power but has no time slips nor actually has ran from 0MPH? As far as the races on tape I think they were amusing. But he raced about 4-6 cars or so. The SRT-4, THe Z28 LS1, then the Cobra, then the Z06, the Viper, and the old school Camaro. All from a roll...this guy needs to learn how to drive his car... take it to the track... get some time slips... then come back and credit will be givin where it's due. But he's not doing anything that hasn't been done before. He just gets more press from Ricer trolls on Domestic boards... that actually think we care about a car that has 40grand in it, that wasn't even built by the owner, but by a performance shoppe... that beats domestic cars.
Whoopdedoo.

Whaaaaaaaa. If the guy doesnt want to go from a dig then so be it. Who are you to decide what makes a car worthy? Wow, one single minded person doesn't like this guys car and would most likely get waxed by it. I am sure the owner of the EVO is very upset.

How many video's on this board are from a roll? A good portion. I have never seen you in one of Termin8tors thread crying about his races. It is obvious that you don't like this car because it isn't a V8, but get over it. A car with about 100 less WHP has gone mid 9's and this car has a very similar drivetrain to Shep who is runnign high 7's. If he wanted to go from a dig he would and it would still most likely spank you. Get over and if you don't like then quit poseting in the threads about it. This has nothing to do with "ricers" it has to do with you lame superiority complex. Grow up Nopolean.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
But my question is if it is AWD, and AWD is supposed to be awesome from a dig. Then why doesn't it race more often from a dig? Yeah its pretty insane to go from a dig on the highway, but **** it i want to see more of this car from a dig.
-Joel

I am guessing that most people that he raced didn't want to go from a dig, but again just a guess. Not sure. Even at these power levels AWD helps, but the car will still skate all over. It may also be a safty thing. No one wants to get sideways and **** up there car or the on enext to them.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, anyone seen that video of the 03 Cobra that just had a lot of work done and he accelerates and loses control and swerves into the other lane of oncoming traffic, hitting like 3 cars? That **** is crazy.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Willie's car ran 10 flats . This Evo is low 9's at least. Why should they race?
Why not? 1000+ horses vs 900awhp, sounds like a hell of a race.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XakEp
Oh, so Ligenfelter built cars arent really worthy of any attention because a shop built them? Shelby mustangs arent worthy of attention because a shop built them?

Again - you have no exposure to this car or its owner other than videos posted on the internet. Why dont you get ahold of the owner and ask him if he DOES race from a stop? Personally if I was asked I'd tell you to **** off, largely because its a really stupid reason to knock a car.

In fact, I'd go so far to say thats as stupid a reason as saying its an import so it must suck.

Get a better car before you dare qoute me kid.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 PM
Launching!

To whomever else was speaking on this board.... for real credit you need time slips.

For entertainment fun who cares if your racing from a roll, but 1/2 of drag racing is the launch.. so who would officially call those races?

Remember he who doesn't hooks losses (repeat untill you understand)

600+hp pn launch doesn't = victory.

no matter what it is AWD, FWD< RWD, whatever if the car doesn't hook.

AS for the idiot who compaired this EVO to a Lingenfelter ... your again... an idiot. Reapeat... your again an idiot.

There's plenty of guys on this board and others who have over 800hp setups they built themselves.... in thier garages, To any auto enthusiest that's impressive. Whats impressive about a guy who hadns a shoppe his car keys and a blank check, and probably can't change his own oil? Not impressed by those people or thier cars.

BTW does anyone realize this car makes as much torque as a 600hp Camaro?

THE END.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Banned

Get a better car before you dare qoute me kid.
The guy with an LT1 powered Z28 is telling me to get a better car. Thats rich.

You take the stance that a shop building a car is gay and I point out that some of the very cars you guys worship are shop only builds and I suddenly need a better car before I can say anything?

I'd rather drive a ******* 3 cylinder Geo than anything the likes of you would consider worthy.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Banned

AS for the idiot who compaired this EVO to a Lingenfelter ... your again... an idiot. Reapeat... your again an idiot.
Hey retard, remember saying this?

that actually think we care about a car that has 40grand in it, that wasn't even built by the owner, but by a performance shoppe...
Now, tell me again how that doesnt apply to Ligenfelter builds AND the Evo? Next time try using a little critical thinking before you post.

Whats impressive about a guy who hadns a shoppe his car keys and a blank check, and probably can't change his own oil?
There are alot of middle aged baby boomers with LS1s that do that quite often. Glass houses.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Launching!

You talk too much.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That car has been underestimated from the get go. I'm sure he'll be adding alot of cars to his list of kills, and of course the BS'ers will call him out and then scurry into the corner.
Those 4G63's don't make any sense, as they put down ridiculous amounts of torque for being soo diminutive.

Let the vids commence.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by T-rex
You talk too much.
You breath too much. Stop already.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Launching!

Funny too.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Everytime we post a post about domestic vs import, and angel dies. Take it from me, after requesting a 900RWHP ls1 video, my backyard is full of them
Old 02-11-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

Ya'll, this is not that serious!!

The power productivity of the 4G63 is as formidable as the gen 3 small block. Those motors have been around for almost 20 years and have barely changed. The aftermarket, with the advancements in motorsports technology, has taken that "small" four cylinder to hold 40plus psi, strokd', cammed, while still maintain its AWD platform.

However, the 900rwhp is with a fuel tank of c16, right? And how much cashola was spent to make this evo as fast as it is? Anyone give a guess? I heard 40 grand...that is ALOT bortha!!! THat **** better be fast!!!!!!

Let me make my own build though.....

A 408ci with a low compression piston/head package, forged bottom end..yada, yada, yada....what? 10K Ok, slap on a single turbo kit for um.....what the norm 7-8k....let say 10K. And with all of the supporting mods (rear, fuel, suspension, CAGE, brass cojones...) im sure i can build a f-body or even my V for the same amount of power.

BUT, what will be the outcome.....at 15psi, you pretty much double your expected crank hp so if my 408ci makes, on a mild low cr and cam, 500hp....thats 1000at the crank....with a 17% driveline loss......thats 830rwhp. Not exactly 900rwhp but very streetable and practical on 93 pump gas.

Now, that is @ 15psi, no where near the cylinder pressure being created by the 40plus from the EVO. Much more practical...but, we need a 900rwhp number to even be considered as a "contender", so lets mix a few drops of 104oct or high race fuel, up the boost to 2.0bar or 30psi...what would that yield? YES, you guessd' it, way more than 900rwhp (my guess, 1200-1660rwhp) and still not stuffing the same amount of pressure in the cylinder casing.

You still think that EVO is still gonna win that race? the same amount of cash was dropping in mods, but the f-body will have a lower purchase price and be more streetable, close to the 900rwhp on pump, not on c16...

I have alot of love for the 4G and the evo. Comments that its an import and it sucks is just the stereotypical comments made by import guys. It makes no sense because at the end of the run, wat ever run you chose to run, you have to give credit when credit is due and that EVO is badass...

But the aformentioned f-body is not only more powerful, has more potential, has the same amount of aftermarket support or more as the EVO (i say even), more practical and can be considered a streetcar with its 830rwhp+ pump gas, dyno proven dyno numbers than the race gas veined EVO.

Choose your poison!!! ( I chose mine...and im in florida, and when im done, i'm more than willing to meet this black EVO and discuss this in person over a pitcher or two of killians irish red!!)

A.

Disclaimer: Funny thing, im basing all of this on my knowledge that this evo is on race gas c16 ( i havent checked the mod list again )....but even if its not, its definitely not on pure 93oct. If it is, than i'll be the first to slap myself though i doubt it very much i'll get the chance to do so.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XakEp
Hey retard, remember saying this?

Now, tell me again how that doesnt apply to Ligenfelter builds AND the Evo? Next time try using a little critical thinking before you post.

There are alot of middle aged baby boomers with LS1s that do that quite often. Glass houses.
Speaking of which didn't you and Dave Landry build a 2.4L stroker that was described by Jack as "the worst engine build ever"? Ah yes here it is:

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

Last edited by kidkl; 02-11-2006 at 03:46 AM.