Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Do Vette Owners REspect F-bod Owners???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do Vette Owners REspect F-bod Owners???

After reading the other thread, this one seems MUCH more relavent...
Old 02-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I know the answer.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ITSTOCK
I respect f-bodys. They are faster when heavily modded. But, there are alot of crackerjacks that don't have any respect for a Corvette. "Fbodys are much nicer looking.","Fbodys are faster in a straight line stock","My fbody had an Ls6 from the factory, I waste vettes all the time."(This last comment was not by someone on this site.) I just get sick and tired of reading this kind of crap. So, I will defend the Corvette against defamers. I still have alot of respect for fbodys. I think they are a great platform for drag racers. I was thinking about buying a WS6 before I bought my vette.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Launching!

The other day i was cruising on the highway and saw a c6 z06 and he checked out my car as i was getting off the exit. Then i got back on and caught up to him about 15 miles up the road. I pulled up beside him and gave him a thumbs up and he msiled at me then downshifted and pulled away like i was standing still. So i think he may have respected my car a little bit.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes most of us respect F-bodies. There is an exception. When people think F-bodies are equal to or better than vettes, I start to lose respect. Luckily most of the people I know on here and in person aren't that stupid.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Btw, you drive a mustang? Why would you come onto LS1 tech and start a thread like this? Are you just trying to stir the pot? Or maybe your trying to take the heat off the F-body vs Cobra thread?
Old 02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Yes most of us respect F-bodies. There is an exception. When people think F-bodies are equal to or better than vettes, I start to lose respect. Luckily most of the people I know on here and in person aren't that stupid.

werd.

After driving plenty of f-bodies...I know that the Corvette is a better car. Plain and simple. Anyone that disputes that, is just ignorant. Do I love the f-body? **** yeah. Do I hate working on them? **** yeah.

As far as giving respect, you gotta earn that. Regardless of you driving a ford,dodge,GM, or whatever brand product.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
Not trying to start anything with you but there are numerous Mustang owners that are very welcome here and have a lot of great input to add to this forum. Many have previously owned F-bodies. They are respected as much as our fellow GM hobbyists. I for one love the Mustangs....just partial to the F-body. I see your perspective, but I hate to see a big war started for no good reason.

I think that war started back in 64...and a half.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most Vette owners tend to be a tad snootier than F-bod owners (the older one's) the younger one's seem to know that the vette isnt an "end all" lol, my uncle was a perfect example. I told him "im sorry you sold your vette, i was hoping to run it" he said "you would need a little more than that *points to my 5.0" I said, well, now we cant just judge it on looks can we? lets crank it first..." his wife "oooo, its MISSING!!!!, haha" Him *silent and quizically looking at the thing* "well, ummmmm" and then something to the effect of he hadnt lost and didnt think he would have but his edge was sure gone, lol.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not trying to start anything with you but there are numerous Mustang owners that are very welcome here and have a lot of great input to add to this forum. Many have previously owned F-bodies. They are respected as much as our fellow GM hobbyists. I for one love the Mustangs....just partial to the F-body. I see your perspective, but I hate to see a big war started for no good reason.
When did I say he wasn't welcome, or didnt have any worthwhile input? I was just wondering why a mustang owner would start a thread like this. It didnt make sense to me. He obviously saw the previous thread similar to this one get out of hand and decided to start anther slightly different. I just dont see why he would give a flying **** if vette owners respected f-bodies. Some do, some don't. Who doesn't know that? We don't need another 6 page thread to figure that one out.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

You're right...you didn't say they weren't welcome or they didn't have anything to add, but it sounded a little rude to come straight out and say "You drive a Mustang?". When reading that, the impression is given that Mustangs are not welcome. There are a lot of Mustang folk who post here frequently and I wasn't surprised at all that he would start that thread. Maybe he was playing around, maybe he was sincere. Nothing against you at all.

The same reason Vette owners would read the thread about Cobras respecting F-bodies. Curiosity.

c'mon dude. Really.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Banned

Man, I have been on this site for half a year/a year? and noone here ever said crap to me about owning a mustang instead of an F-body...now i have seen some mustang owners come in here that are just dicks and desrved what htey got, but i sense ZERO negative feelings towards my weapon of choice and my participation on this board...ROCK ON LS1TECH!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Btw, you drive a mustang? Why would you come onto LS1 tech and start a thread like this? Are you just trying to stir the pot? Or maybe your trying to take the heat off the F-body vs Cobra thread?
Yes, I drive an mustang. I was going to purchase an 02 Z06, but the seats hurt my back like all hell. I test drove the 03 cobra and was hooked Oh yea, right before this I owned a 94 Z28, and most of my family are GM people (mother has a 99 z28, brother 00 ws6, etc. etc.) .

And there is no heat in the cobra thread, the points were all made and proved from the ford side It turned in to a vette vs fbody argument anyway, so I just gave the topic it's own thread
Old 02-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Banned

Most of my family is Ford, I PERSONALLY like GM's strategy as a company when it comes to cars MUCH BETTER THAN Ford's, but i always liked the Fox's...(FOrd builds a sports car that grandma would like, GM builds them for purists)
Old 02-12-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, I drive an mustang. I was going to purchase an 02 Z06, but the seats hurt my back like all hell. I test drove the 03 cobra and was hooked Oh yea, right before this I owned a 94 Z28, and most of my family are GM people (mother has a 99 z28, brother 00 ws6, etc. etc.) .

And there is no heat in the cobra thread, the points were all made and proved from the ford side It turned in to a vette vs fbody argument anyway, so I just gave the topic it's own thread
Oh please.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Of course i respect the F bodys. They are like the corvettes little brothers, lol. But what i dont respect is the little 16-17 year olds that buy a 93 z28 with like 5 million miles on it for about 3 grand and always are trying to race me at every light and trying to do donuts in every parking lot. Makes me want to knock em out. But a nice T/A or Camaro with a mature driver behind the wheel i can respect.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there were no arguments in the other thread other than ford had to use a blower, and the point was proven.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Y'all. I withdrew my statements....I really wasn't trying to go after anyone. I just saw this thread going in the direction of the Cobra thread. And frankly, I was a little dissapointed. The Cobra guys showed obvious respect and we didn't reciprocate that very well. There were some who did, but not near enough. It is unfortunate that Unit had to come to the conclusion he did about LS1 folks not showing respect to the Cobras. I for one do. Without question. And that goes for Vettes as well. I'd kill for a FRC or Z06 .
Old 02-12-2006, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Everyone has there own opinion to wich is better???????

Thats kinda funny cas everyone knows the vette is better...

Straight line the vette takes the Fbody by 1-2 tenths and looses to the cobra by 2-3 tenths....

So on a drag strip it's in the middle of these 3 competitors..

At a road course the c5 will utterly destroy the Cobra or Fbody..

Exterior and interior wise the C5 is head and shoulders above the other two..

Thats why the C5 based at 45 grand vrs 32 grand for the cobra and 26 grand for the F body....

ALSO THE FACT THAT THE cOBRA IS FASTER AND THE FBODY IS ALMOST JUST AS FAST FOR 13 GRAND AND 19 GRAND RESPECTIVLY IS IT'S BIGGEST DOWN FALL...

But when you consider the C5 is a sports car being compared to two muscle cars at the track and still holds the middle ground, it's not doing to bad...

THE ONLY PLACE I RESPECT THE FBODY IS AT THE DRAG STRIP ....

OR ON A FREEWAY..

it has the same engine as me and can do every single modd I can do with ease..And usually even a little cheaper at that....So it's not really a respect thing...It's more like..HMMM wonder if this guy has a bigger cam than me...Wonder if he already spent the money for long tubes????

Once modds begin..All a Fbody needs is a lid to keep up with a C5 straight line

To all the Fbody guys who talk a lot of crap about Vettes....

If you put a red vette next to a red Fbody in a parking lot and asked 100 different people wich one they would take...

95 of them would say the Vette.....

THATS JUST THE WAY IT IS....I honestly think that the reason so many F body guys talk crap about them is because they were never able to afford one..

Ive seen so many fbody owners at my track who had planned to go buy a C5 and ended up coming home with an fbody...

They thought the C5 was really gonna be 45 grand and they could afford it.

Then they saw that with minimal options the C5 coupe was MSRP'ing for 50 grand....

then the dealership had another 7 grand mark up on the car and the total price was 57 grand....

They wouldnt sell it for anything under 55 grand...

So they ended up coming home in brand new 28 grand SS camaros instead...
Old 02-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

Hey...my LT1 had a million miles on it...well, 170K when i sold it and it ran like new, pffffffftttt