-Bad Story-
6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Small Town... Racing... Wreck...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice story dude! If your buddy didnt run you likely would have just got pulled over as a group, harrassed and let go....that was pretty boneheaded on his part, hes lucky to be alive. They always catch you in a small town, eventually...
Old 02-16-2006, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the law, you could have recieved a racing ticket, even if the cops didn't see you do it. I had to fight a racing ticket because some old lady called the cops and said I was racing. As long as she showed up in court to testify, I could have lost my license. In PA it's treated like a DUI. After a lawyer's help, charges were reduced. You lucked out quite abit!
Old 02-16-2006, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Cool story, cept the part about your friend's car, that sucks. I, as a resident of a small town and having lived in one FAR smaller (1500 people), know how small town cops are. Who knows if they were just messin with yall or if they were planning on taking everyone to jail. Glad your buddy didnt get hurt!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Dude yall are dumb. Yall probably got caught for almost running that guy off the road and what were yall thinking trying to do that anyways you could of killed that dude and then what all of yall would of gone to jail. Thats why people get hurt cuz of idiots like yall.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow little harsh but he shouldnt have ran. Hes stupid for running but after what he told me about what the cops said i think more of him for taking one for his buddies. He doesnt lie to me so i know hes telling the truth when he said that the cops were taking everyone to jail if he would have stopped but sense he ran yall got away so i would be thankful and hidding out for a little while.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:46 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by you2slo
Depending on the law, you could have recieved a racing ticket, even if the cops didn't see you do it. I had to fight a racing ticket because some old lady called the cops and said I was racing. As long as she showed up in court to testify, I could have lost my license. In PA it's treated like a DUI. After a lawyer's help, charges were reduced. You lucked out quite abit!
Yeah, that sounds like they were BS'ing you. Since she had no physical proof of any kind to back up her claim, it would be her word versus yours ... so even if she showed up it would most likely get tossed out.

I checked with a good friend of mine who happens to be a cop, and he said that for the ticket to hold up in court, the cop has to witness you racing .... just like they have to witness you speeding, or driving while drunk. Just because some random person calls the cops and is like "this guy is speeding", doesn't mean they show up at your house the next day and give you a summons. I mean, technically, they could give you a ticket for anything, but when the judge asks the police officer if he witnessed the event, and the cop says no ... your case gets instantly dismissed.

The worst they could've done would be to pull you all over, and give you tickets for random stupid ****, such as registration, insurance, mods, etc. Of course they could've busted your *****, especially in a small town, but it would be tough for them to legally do anything more than that.

Awesome story, sucks about your friends car tho.

Last edited by xphantomws6x; 02-16-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Borger cops are some of the worst back stabbing people i have met and have a grudge against the race seen just like in every other city but this grudge is old and has been agaist 20 or so people for along time about some stupid earlier incidents. There are alot more racers in Borger but only a small amount of us gets caught and the others are just let free cause of who there parents are (hint hint cops are paid off).
Old 02-16-2006, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Y2kforgedSS
Borger cops are some of the worst back stabbing people i have met and have a grudge against the race seen just like in every other city but this grudge is old and has been agaist 20 or so people for along time about some stupid earlier incidents. There are alot more racers in Borger but only a small amount of us gets caught and the others are just let free cause of who there parents are (hint hint cops are paid off).
Yeahhh, this is one of the reasons I'm happy I don't live in a small town sometimes. It seems like the cops in small towns can get away with Anything. That's crap.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Yeah, that sounds like they were BS'ing you. Since she had no physical proof of any kind to back up her claim, it would be her word versus yours ... so even if she showed up it would most likely get tossed out.

I checked with a good friend of mine who happens to be a cop, and he said that for the ticket to hold up in court, the cop has to witness you racing .... just like they have to witness you speeding, or driving while drunk. Just because some random person calls the cops and is like "this guy is speeding", doesn't mean they show up at your house the next day and give you a summons. I mean, technically, they could give you a ticket for anything, but when the judge asks the police officer if he witnessed the event, and the cop says no ... your case gets instantly dismissed.

The worst they could've done would be to pull you all over, and give you tickets for random stupid ****, such as registration, insurance, mods, etc. Of course they could've busted your *****, especially in a small town, but it would be tough for them to legally do anything more than that.

Awesome story, sucks about your friends car tho.
Anything that is a misdemeanor or less requires a police officer to witness it before you can get charged. For example, smoking weed is a misdemeanor. I can go up to the police and say "Bob" was smoking weed go arrest him, but they can not do that unless they see "Bob" actually smoking. Same thing with any kind of ticket or driving violation. Someone can call something in and the police can follow up by pulling you over and giving you a hard time, which usually happens. By someone calling something in about you is what gives the police a reason to investigate you, or check you out. Thats their window of opportunity to try to get you on other things they discover. It's just highly unlikely that a cop would write a ticket or arrest someone on someone elses word. That has absolutely no chance in court, and I doubt it'll even get a second thought.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Anything that is a misdemeanor or less requires a police officer to witness it before you can get charged. For example, smoking weed is a misdemeanor. I can go up to the police and say "Bob" was smoking weed go arrest him, but they can not do that unless they see "Bob" actually smoking. Same thing with any kind of ticket or driving violation. Someone can call something in and the police can follow up by pulling you over and giving you a hard time, which usually happens. By someone calling something in about you is what gives the police a reason to investigate you, or check you out. Thats their window of opportunity to try to get you on other things they discover. It's just highly unlikely that a cop would write a ticket or arrest someone on someone elses word. That has absolutely no chance in court, and I doubt it'll even get a second thought.

Yep, that's exactly what my friend was saying. The cops COULD technically give you a ticket for whatever the hell they wanted, but it would stand no chance in court unless the officer actually witnessed you breaking the law.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Yep, that's exactly what my friend was saying. The cops COULD technically give you a ticket for whatever the hell they wanted, but it would stand no chance in court unless the officer actually witnessed you breaking the law.
Exactly, its unlikely that would happen, but if it does, its because a cop was trying to give someone a hard time, or didn't pay attention in BLET.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I view getting a ticket like getting sued. With enough $$ to the right people it goes down out of court, if it goes TO court, the best lawyer wins it.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with alot of the comments, minus the one that hates on all of us. It's cool to give an opinion, but being an *** isn't too friendly. Yea it was a mistake to street race, but why else would you own an ls1? And yes, the track is the place to do racing legally, but the track in amarillo was shut down SO the closest place to race is 3-5 hours away. Again, i'm glad no one was hurt and i wouldn't trade that night for anything EXCEPT my friend running and wrecking. Thanks for the comments.
Chris
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BorgerTransAm
Yea it was a mistake to street race, but why else would you own an ls1?
What kind of dumbass comment is that? I can think of a few reasons, with "street racing" being one of the last. I didn't know people that own LS1's are obligated to street race. That comment reminds me of the guy on SVT Performance that was all pissed because he tried to provoke a vette to race on the highway, but wasn't successful. Then he says something stupid like whats the point of owning a vette if your not going to street race it. All I can say is I realize how stupid some people are more and more every day. Some of you guys need to stop giving everyone else a bad name. If your going to street race, do it right. If you get caught, be a man and take responsibility for it. Making a run for it, then crashing is why street racing is taken so seriously these days. I liked things way better when these cars were too expensive for stupid kids to get their hands on. Those were the times when a friendly street race wasn't a big deal.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 383LT1S10
Anyone who runs from the police deserves what they get

Sucks about the SS
I dont agree, but hey thats just my opinion. Running from the cops is just like street racing. Only it is more intense, the stakes are higher, and more than likely you are putting more people at risk. If by your statement you condone street racing and not running from the cops, thats silly. They both go hand in hand. Not saying either is right.

Brandon
Old 02-21-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Those were the times when a friendly street race wasn't a big deal.
Yep, and those times have long passed. Possible felony for street racing, how much is too much.

Brandon
Old 02-21-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xfactor_pitbulls
I dont agree, but hey thats just my opinion. Running from the cops is just like street racing. Only it is more intense, the stakes are higher, and more than likely you are putting more people at risk. If by your statement you condone street racing and not running from the cops, thats silly. They both go hand in hand. Not saying either is right.

Brandon
I totally disagree. Street racing and running from the cops do not go hand in hand. Running from the cops is in a totally different category and I'm sure mostly everyone could agree. How many people on this site have engaged in a street race? How many ran from the cops? I'm sure those numbers would be quite different. Street racing can be done "somewhat" safely. Use the interstate for example. Do it late at night, wait until no one is in front of you for a long ways, then do your little run. If something did go wrong, and you lost control or made a mistake, your most likely to go off the side of the interstate, hit the guard rail, ect. It wouldn't be very unlikely to hit anyone thats not participating. If your running from the cops, you have to push your car to its limits the whole time, regardless of who is around. You have much more adrenaline flowing because you know your going to jail if you get caught. You can get desperate causing you to take unnecessary chances.

I just don't see how you can even put the two in the same category. I've done numerous street races myself, and have rode with someone tons of times as well. Everything is always cool and relaxed, as long as you take the proper precautions and be smart about it. We never had a problem. There were two times I was riding with someone when they ran from the cops. Both times we had some very close calls with other cars, and got caught in the end anyways.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with what you said about there are other reasons to have a ls1 car but i dont think he was meaning it by that. I think what he was trying to say is that sence we dong have a track anymore most of us ls1 guys street race to get the thrill of going to the track. Lets not get so offensive about that i know that if you were talking to him in person you would realize what he meant but sence were on a computer its difficult to know understand what he means.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

My bad. I'm not saying if you own a ls1 you are an idiot because you don't street race, im just speaking in a very broad general speaking that alot of ls1's street race.