Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an NSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killed an NSX

I went to an F-Body gathering earlier in the day (F-Body Hideout and Eastern F-Body) in Maryland. After seeing some nice cars and meeting some nice people I went to a friends house to hang out.
On my way home I see this pewter SS. Feel'n froggy I try and mess with him. I Guess the guy didn't wanna play, but up flies this gorgeous NSX. The guy rolls down the window and we both start laughing. He's like you ready? I was like hell yeah. So anyway we blast off from a light, and let me tell you..... bus lengths. I thought these cars were supercar fast for the price!? Man was I wrong. The guy could drive too, I could hear him powershifting. Anyway we slow down after a few runs and talk. I remember I had a camera in the car from the meet earlier. I asked him if I Could take a pic and he had no problem with it. The guy was really cool and did nothing but compliment my car. To me that is what racing is all about: mutual respect. Here are some pictures from earlier in the day. (www.easternfbody.com and www.fbodyhideout.com)
Attached Thumbnails Killed an NSX-phillymeet2.jpg   Killed an NSX-phillymeet3.jpg   Killed an NSX-phillymeet1.jpg   Killed an NSX-nsx1.jpg  
Old 02-19-2006, 07:28 AM
Launching!

congradualations you beat the worlds most expensive 14sec car.

lol's I come to realize people that buy NSX's...usually don;t know much about automobiles. hence thier choice...
Old 02-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Launching!

I knew I was gonna get picked on because I just finished looking up thier factory 1/4 mile speeds. But dude, who would pay all that money for a car that will get it's doors blown off by a neon?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Teching In

That's a good kill. It's always nice to show the folks who pay so much money for a imported sports car how we do it over here with American muscle. Those things are so expensive, like $90,000 if I'm not mistaking. I've seen them run mid 13's stock at around 105 mph. Atleast he was a cool guy though. Most of those guys with high dollar cars don't take losing too well. LOL! Anyways, for $90,000, I would definitely get something more along the lines of a Viper or C6 Z06 or even an AMG from Mercedes. All, take it easy.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Good looking cars...thier performance just doesn't match the looks.
Sort of like a supermodel that doesn't swallow.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Those bashing the NoSeX as missing the point of the car. It's thing is not straight line speed. The appeal of the car is having a great handling\braking exotic with exellent fit & finish that is very easy to drive with the reliability and maintenance like that of a Civic.

Now does that appeat to me? No. I want to have the performance to back up the looks even if it means it's difficult to drive.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NSX's werent made to drag... they are corner carvers.. that car would kick your *** in a canyon or twisty road.. Japanese build their cars for road racing.. they could care less about going in a straight line.. its compairing apples to oranges.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
NSX's werent made to drag... they are corner carvers.. that car would kick your *** in a canyon or twisty road.. Japanese build their cars for road racing.. they could care less about going in a straight line.. its compairing apples to oranges.
If they arent meant for straight line racing then maybe the owners should just stop trying to straight line race on the road, then they wont need to make the excuses when they lose. Gotta love when the corner carver loses straight line and then the owner or anyone else for that matter says "well its not meant for straight drag racing", but if they happen to win you dont hear any of that **** they just say "I kicked you ***, my car is so fast."
Anyway good kill on an overpriced POS honda, at least the owner was cool though. Nice looking car, but I couldnt pay that much for what it is.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brad8266
If they arent meant for straight line racing then maybe the owners should just stop trying to straight line race on the road, then they wont need to make the excuses when they lose. Gotta love when the corner carver loses straight line and then the owner or anyone else for that matter says "well its not meant for straight drag racing", but if they happen to win you dont hear any of that **** they just say "I kicked you ***, my car is so fast."
Anyway good kill on an overpriced POS honda, at least the owner was cool though. Nice looking car, but I couldnt pay that much for what it is.
Exactly! Well put brother. Take it easy.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The car, like stated is meant for corners, but hell, you F-body guys try auto-X/road courses quite often from what I have seen/read in the forums. Whats wrong with an NSX owner trying his hand at the other? THe guy was cool and made no excuses (I know, some do) but in this case, nothing to laugh at, he just wanted to see how it would do.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

man I like that hardtop. Nice kill. Also nice to see the guy was cool about it.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

The NSX is a twisty track car. Nice kill nonetheless. We would all put whoopings on them in the quarter. Arent they faster than usual now?
Old 02-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Launching!

For $86k and bullshit "Supercar" moniker, it better be able to stomp me on the twisties and in a straight line, as far as I'm concerned!

I'm sick and tired of hearing how great NSX's are, yet I've Never seen otherwise. NSX's are watered-down wannabe Ferrari's and are completely overrated, even on the track.

For my ~$90k, I'm going for a Vette, Viper, Cobra Mustang, putting mods into my F-body, Porsche, M3 or hell... even getting an S2000, which could blow the doors off of an NSX on the track.

Nice guy, nice kill, but I still hate NSX's.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Stanger88
The car, like stated is meant for corners, but hell, you F-body guys try auto-X/road courses quite often from what I have seen/read in the forums. Whats wrong with an NSX owner trying his hand at the other? THe guy was cool and made no excuses (I know, some do) but in this case, nothing to laugh at, he just wanted to see how it would do.
I have not heard of an F-body driver going to road courses and when upon losing try to make the excuse that the car was not made for it. Nothing is wrong with a road course car racing straight line, but if they do, the owner and other people should not always use the "well the car wasnt designed for that" excuse. I know the NSX owner didnt act like that, but there are people on these forums that will make those types of excuses for the driver of the car, even if the driver was cool about it. Like "well that car would have kicked your *** if there were curves". Guess what, the race wasnt around curves, so who cares if or what it could have done.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6
you can buy soemthing cheaper that would probably be better at both with all that money
Old 02-19-2006, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMmexican
you can buy soemthing cheaper that would probably be better at both with all that money
Old 02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMmexican

very true.. its called a Corvette.. one of the few AFFORDABLE cars that can drag and can hang in the corners straight off the show room floor
Old 02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

**** man i did hear about that hangout....im itchin to get to some meets and cruises
Old 02-19-2006, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

iirc, couldnt a c5 z51 car hang with an nsx in regards to handling?
Old 02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
iirc, couldnt a c5 z51 car hang with an nsx in regards to handling?
Abso-friggin-lutely! The NSX is not the best handling car in the corners anyways. Don't get me wrong, it handles very very well, but there are many cars cheaper such as the Corvette with Z51 package as stated above that can hang with it. The NSX doesn't do anything special to justify its $90,000 price tag in corners or in a straight in my opinion. Anyways, all take it easy.