Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lost to a MACH 1..

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lost to a MACH 1..

If not for bad luck I'd have no luck... I NEVER get to race anything decent on the roads around here.... so I'm testing my car out on 24N, it's pretty cold, like 34 or something, I see a purple blue-ish colored MACH 1 and figured what the hell... he's in the slow lane & I'm in the fast with tons of room ahead so I squeeze it a little going by him, he sees me and reciprocates... gotta say his car seemed to go real good and sounded awesome! So he's ahead of me and comes into the middle lane and I creep up next to him.... I think we are doing 60ish so I drop it down into 4th, I let him go 1st and hit it right after he does..... and go frigging sideways like I'm on ice! LOL I don't know if he realized I was coming into his lane! I almost crapped my pants! I crept up next to him to give it another try but while going faster this time so I could hook up but soon as I hit it I got sideways again... and again, and again... ha ha ha I gave up! I pulled up next to him and tried to communicate that I had no traction by spinning my hand around but realized he might have thought I was just saying I was crazy I think I'll wait to screw around till the temps go over 60....
Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

screw you, i wish i had your "problem"

lmao, nice car
Old 03-01-2006, 03:13 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

When the ground is very cold like it was, it is hard to get any kind of traction.. That is one big reason I don't race in the cold weather.. Its just waisting gas..
Old 03-01-2006, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Next time you race and the ground is really cold, you are not going to get traction, specially with your mods. Try taking some air off the rear tires, this should help a little.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

You could've tried a higher gear. That might would've worked...Especially with your numbers...
Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

air out of street tires = cupping and LESS traction, ESPECIALLY with wider tires. been there and done that on the 5.0 (not intentionally) and it hooks much better at 35 PSI than 28-30 psi and the burnout marks are even colored, not darker at the edges.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98BLKMOBILE
If not for bad luck I'd have no luck... I NEVER get to race anything decent on the roads around here.... so I'm testing my car out on 24N, it's pretty cold, like 34 or something, I see a purple blue-ish colored MACH 1 and figured what the hell... he's in the slow lane & I'm in the fast with tons of room ahead so I squeeze it a little going by him, he sees me and reciprocates... gotta say his car seemed to go real good and sounded awesome! So he's ahead of me and comes into the middle lane and I creep up next to him.... I think we are doing 60ish so I drop it down into 4th, I let him go 1st and hit it right after he does..... and go frigging sideways like I'm on ice! LOL I don't know if he realized I was coming into his lane! I almost crapped my pants! I crept up next to him to give it another try but while going faster this time so I could hook up but soon as I hit it I got sideways again... and again, and again... ha ha ha I gave up! I pulled up next to him and tried to communicate that I had no traction by spinning my hand around but realized he might have thought I was just saying I was crazy I think I'll wait to screw around till the temps go over 60....
Lol your nuts, im in worcester mass and I wouldnt dream of taking my car out, its like 20 degrees! Sounds like you have a real nice setup though, and yea id try a 5th gear roll at like 60mph, might be able to grab a little more traction but that must have been scary as hell goin sideways at those speeds!
Old 03-01-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

It sucks getting 45 degrees outta round at 100 on dry pavement. A bit of pucker factor get involved as well, just look at the seat next time.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no traction in 90 degree weather let alone 30's. No way I'm risking that.
You're a brave man.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

I got traction, how's a 1.3 short time grab ya?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

I'm on the edge of having those problems in cold weather. From 40 in 2nd, sometimes my car will break traction depending on the surface. 1st gear, basically useless right now, but warmer weather is approaching.

Jason
Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

My bad... updated my sig...... I got in the slow lane and I tried screwing around in 5th... no difference.... Guilty as charged.... I'm an idiot
Old 03-01-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98BLKMOBILE
My bad... updated my sig...... I got in the slow lane and I tried screwing around in 5th... no difference.... Guilty as charged.... I'm an idiot

Wow that sounds like a sick setup! I cant wait to get my cam in as Don is ordering it right now @ dez racing. I need to get out there one of these weekends and see some of these cars, like yours, that they are building as they sound sooooo sick!