Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 T/A vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 T/A vs 5.0

Well i had my first real race in the T/A...

The cars--

Me...1999 T/A M6 one passenger and 120lbs of sand bags in back--mods in sig

Him- late 80's early 90's?? mustang 2 passengers i think..sounded really nice and looked amazing...gotta give him props...definately not stock...thats all i know sorry..

The race-- 30 mph roll to about 90 mph??

The outcome--Tie

The details-- got to a safe stretch with no traffic on a bridge and turned off the TCS and dropped it to 1st knowing he was gonna do the same (we had been toyin with eachother the last mile or so) this was the first time i have dropped to first gear over 15 mph since ive owned the car lol so it was a rush...ne ways we stayed dead even the whole time i think...i might have been a half car ahead im not sure cuz he was on my right and i wasnt payin attention to him but rather the road...hit the rev limiter, shifted to second, back end kicked out..girl in pass. seat screams..i yell shut up...shift to 3rd at 6100 this time and then shut down...not sure how fast we were going..whatever second gear ends at i guess... it was a great race, and i think i did well for it being my first race ever...

Ending--he rolled his window down and gave me the thumbs up and I did the same...

THE END
Old 03-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice run, very nice. Sounds to me like you found a fully modded 302 similar to mine
Old 03-14-2006, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Those are the best races....the ones that you can't tell who won. I'd rather it be close than an a$$whooping. Good Runs.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
girl in pass. seat screams..i yell shut up...

BEST PART

-Will
Old 03-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TARZAN
BEST PART

-Will
That was kind of mean, dude. You should've just grabbed her boob. That always works better...
Old 03-14-2006, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
Well i had my first real race in the T/A...

The cars--

Me...1999 T/A M6 one passenger and 120lbs of sand bags in back--mods in sig

stop sand bagging you street racer.

nice race, i had a race with a modded 5.0 when i was stock and the guy was a ***. i pulled up next to him and told him nice car, he then asked if i was ready to have my *** handed to me. well i put 4 cars on him by 60 and shut down and told him good race and gave him thumps up and he just looked at me with a mean look on his face and turned off.

thats cool that he gave you props, i have noticed in my town that most people with fast cars have ricer mentalities and get all butt hurt when they loose.
am the same way about races that are even, i love those.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

'Sandbagging' your car... LOL

And yes if your girl goes into histerics it can create a problem if none existed.

Good race and sounds like a great rush especially since you never used 1st gear to start over 15 mph. I can't imagine why but I suspect it was a rush.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

yes it was definately a great race lol...i was very shocked that he did give me the thumbs up being most guys around here have that ricer mentality as well, but when he did I was very happy.

The girl was a friend of mine luckily cuz if it was my g/f she said she would have more than just yelled...

For the sandbags it is still somewhat winter here and even though its close to spring and i took my snow tires off and put the z-rated all seasons back on i still wanna have some weight in case it snows again but it didnt seem to help much for traction when i down shifted to first lol...

Stanger88 thanks for givin me somewhat of an idea of what i was up against...i wasnt sure what it would take for those cars to keep up with an slightly modded ls1...I know they are light cars so that helps them out...im guessing if i would be a better driver it would have been a slightly different outcome...

I like the races that are close like that, that way no one has to lose, and it is so much fun!

Thanks for all the comments guys!