Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford guys.....seriously need to chill out

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006 | 08:15 PM
Launching!
15 Year Member

They call the SC mustangs The Terminator...damn thats cool...when did that start
Old 03-14-2006 | 08:20 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by blackhawk J
They call the SC mustangs The Terminator...damn thats cool...when did that start
Prior to production. Ford dubbed it "The Terminator." The GT500 has
been dubbed "The Condor" by Ford. Gay if you ask me. Terminator
sounds much better.
Old 03-14-2006 | 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wants an LS1
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...3&page=5&pp=25

Normally, i dont care what anyone says about anything ls1 related, but that thread above is just retarted. The whole "oh no stock fbod can hang with a stock 03-04 cobra" argument, but seriously blown out of preportion. Ford guys really get off on the whole fact they finally got a cobra that could beat ls1s, they always seem to forget it took a blower from the factory to do it and should be a LITTLE bit inclinded to bring that up in an argument(ever notice its not them that states they needed a blower to haver ford build a fbody beating car? id blow my horn personally about havin a S/C). In the end its still who likes what, but when i read this i couldnt believe how truly retarted it was. Unit, you should enjoy this.

P.S. Ford guys can be cool of course, the looks on their faces/replies from their key boards when u bring up a blown LS1 is always priceless.
A stock n/a cobra ran 320hp and a ls1 ran 340 hp. The cobra is 69 hp per litre and the LS1 is 59 horse per litre. Not being a total ricer here but the engine does pretty good for its size. Both are bad *** cars and everything but the cobra engine does do pretty good for the size n/a. I hate when people bring blown LS1 into it mise well even up the game a bit and bring a blown 347 car running the same boost then it will be even.
Old 03-14-2006 | 09:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 67maro
A stock n/a cobra ran 320hp and a ls1 ran 340 hp. The cobra is 69 hp per litre and the LS1 is 59 horse per litre. Not being a total ricer here but the engine does pretty good for its size. Both are bad *** cars and everything but the cobra engine does do pretty good for the size n/a. I hate when people bring blown LS1 into it mise well even up the game a bit and bring a blown 347 car running the same boost then it will be even.
You are comparing an overrated car to a wildly underrated car. Many '02 F-bods put out 320+ REAR wheel horsepower, which doesn't equal 340fwhp. Also, the n/a cobras don't have as much torque.
Old 03-14-2006 | 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

I didnt even bother opening that thread as I post on SVTP
Old 03-14-2006 | 09:49 PM
On The Tree

I personally think the only people that actually have a right to say anything bad about either a cobra or a ls1 would be the people that have owned both. If they either had an ls1 and went to the cobra or went from the cobra to the ls1 they would know which car is better and which feels cheaper.

For a long time I was one of the idiots that owned an ls1 and always talked trash about mustangs or assumed they were crap. Then I took a chance on a ford and bought a 2004 cobra. I have never been happier with a car period. As I look back I realize how stupid the whole arguments between rival companies are. It doesnt matter who is faster than who. No matter how fast you are there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you just waiting to beat you in a race. I just wish everyone would enjoy the car they own no matter what it is. After buying this cobra I realized that without trying the car dont hate on it. Most ls1 owners and most mustang owners have not tried both. So how can they say which is better? Bottom line is they have no clue.

Just as most people here are great people to be around so are most at svt performance. Dont let one thread make you think everyone over at svt performance is an ls1 hater. I still love ls1's and I liked my trans am but it will never be as nice as this cobra is. I have owned both cars and all I can say is there isnt a car GM has produced yet that would make me part with this cobra.
Old 03-14-2006 | 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
post #62 is the funniest post i've ever read . i literally fell off my chair laughin . this ***** very entertainin

LMMFAO! So true!

Blake
Old 03-14-2006 | 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I don't know about it being all that funny.. Wasn't all that funny to me..
well everyone's entitled to their own opinion, thats why im proud to be an American . i say us chevy and ford guys should start ganging up on the mopar guys, so who's with me ?
Old 03-14-2006 | 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BWH2003
I still love ls1's and I liked my trans am but it will never be as nice as this cobra is. I have owned both cars and all I can say is there isnt a car GM has produced yet that would make me part with this cobra.
why do people mention ls1's, but then they leave out the C5?
Old 03-14-2006 | 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I heard Gm dubbed the new Z06 the ELIMINATOR is this true, so this means its a cobra killa?
Old 03-14-2006 | 10:55 PM
On The Tree

why do people mention ls1's, but then they leave out the C5?
Sorry guy I guess I forgot to mention two garage spaces over from my cobra is a 2001 zo6 that my step dad owns. Yes I used to drive it all the time and it is a great car. I love it to death. Tons of power and those car just feel as light as can be. But now I happen to like my cobra just a tad better. Probably due to the fact its faster. LOL

Anyway when using ls1's im refering to c5's as well.

After owning and driving all three of these cars I would rate them this way:
Corvette and cobra are almost equal in my driving enjoyment.
Corvette handles much better but as it sits now the cobra has more power and shifts much better (I cant stand the hydraulic clutch GM uses). Corvette has more interior room but I prefer the cobra seats and they fit me better.
And my trans am is a distant second to those two. It was nice but after driving either the z06 or the cobra and then driving the ws6 again I just cant stand the ws6 after that. Feels slow, handles like crap, and the shifter sucks (feels loose). And before any of you say they were beat on and have a million miles on them, I will inform you they dont. The ws6 was purchased from the original owner with 8000 miles on it sold with 21000 on it. The z06 we still own, bought with 2500 on it and now has 14,300 miles. And the cobra I got from the original owner with 4300 on it and now it has 6200. All cars were in great almost new condition so I got a great feel of what car is better and worse.

Now look what you did Slow Vette. Made me type even more. LOL Sorry for leaving you out.
Old 03-14-2006 | 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slick1851
I heard Gm dubbed the new Z06 the ELIMINATOR is this true, so this means its a cobra killa?
WTF, oh no here we go again, cobra vs c6z. anyways the Z06 can kill a lot of things
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Sorry guy I guess I forgot to mention two garage spaces over from my cobra is a 2001 zo6 that my step dad owns. Yes I used to drive it all the time and it is a great car. I love it to death. Tons of power and those car just feel as light as can be. But now I happen to like my cobra just a tad better. Probably due to the fact its faster. LOL

Anyway when using ls1's im refering to c5's as well.

After owning and driving all three of these cars I would rate them this way:
Corvette and cobra are almost equal in my driving enjoyment.
Corvette handles much better but as it sits now the cobra has more power and shifts much better (I cant stand the hydraulic clutch GM uses). Corvette has more interior room but I prefer the cobra seats and they fit me better.
And my trans am is a distant second to those two. It was nice but after driving either the z06 or the cobra and then driving the ws6 again I just cant stand the ws6 after that. Feels slow, handles like crap, and the shifter sucks (feels loose). And before any of you say they were beat on and have a million miles on them, I will inform you they dont. The ws6 was purchased from the original owner with 8000 miles on it sold with 21000 on it. The z06 we still own, bought with 2500 on it and now has 14,300 miles. And the cobra I got from the original owner with 4300 on it and now it has 6200. All cars were in great almost new condition so I got a great feel of what car is better and worse.

Now look what you did Slow Vette. Made me type even more. LOL Sorry for leaving you out.
its cool, to tell u truth i would own both cars if i could afford it one for racing and one for cruising
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

WTF, oh no here we go again, cobra vs c6z. anyways the Z06 can kill a lot of things

Ok ok thats cheating just a C6 then, thats a better match.
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slick1851
Ok ok thats cheating just a C6 then, thats a better match.
Stock C6 vsstock cobra is a driver's race with a slight edge goin to the vette( torque management just kills the vette), but the C6Z would murder a stock cobra and would pull pretty bad a pullied cobra.
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Yeah C6Z's are just sick! Too bad they are out of my price range or I would definitely get one. I figure my cobra would need at least 600 hp to run with one. Oh well as I have said above I like my car and I love the new Z06 cant wait to cruise with one this summer.
Old 03-15-2006 | 04:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FSTLS1
You are comparing an overrated car to a wildly underrated car. Many '02 F-bods put out 320+ REAR wheel horsepower, which doesn't equal 340fwhp.
LS1's don't make that power on Mustang Dyno's only on non-load bearing Dynojets.

325-345bhp SAE Net is a pretty good real world HP number for a stock LS1 Fbody.
Old 03-15-2006 | 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

I personally think the only people that actually have a right to say anything bad about either a cobra or a ls1 would be the people that have owned both. If they either had an ls1 and went to the cobra or went from the cobra to the ls1 they would know which car is better and which feels cheaper.

For a long time I was one of the idiots that owned an ls1 and always talked trash about mustangs or assumed they were crap. Then I took a chance on a ford and bought a 2004 cobra. I have never been happier with a car period. As I look back I realize how stupid the whole arguments between rival companies are. It doesnt matter who is faster than who. No matter how fast you are there will ALWAYS be someone faster than you just waiting to beat you in a race. I just wish everyone would enjoy the car they own no matter what it is. After buying this cobra I realized that without trying the car dont hate on it. Most ls1 owners and most mustang owners have not tried both. So how can they say which is better? Bottom line is they have no clue.

Just as most people here are great people to be around so are most at svt performance. Dont let one thread make you think everyone over at svt performance is an ls1 hater. I still love ls1's and I liked my trans am but it will never be as nice as this cobra is. I have owned both cars and all I can say is there isnt a car GM has produced yet that would make me part with this cobra.
I owned a 2000 WS6 Formula before my 2004 Cobra. I love(d) both cars.

I've found it to be a no-win situation. When I talk about the Cobra's strengths/advantages on a GM site, I get bashed. When I talk about the LSx strengths/advantages on a Ford site, my own guys bash me. Very frustrating.

Too many fanboys blindly following their brand and not looking objectively at both cars.
Old 03-15-2006 | 08:35 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
325-345bhp SAE Net is a pretty good real world HP number for a stock LS1 Fbody.
Only the ones with the LS6 intakes. The earlier models were closer to 300 in stock form (SAE) judging by my old 2000 LS1 and several friends with pre-2001 models on Speed Inc.'s dynojet.
Old 03-15-2006 | 11:25 AM
Launching!

Guys Guys were all American Here The ricer guys don't bash each other like this. Those guys team up, and mod the **** out of their cars just to come for us!! [B](Now lets all make up / then go outside startup our mighty v-8s and drink a cold one )