Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2006 EVO IX RS vs. LS1 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
What the **** difference does it make??

I've never owned one and I would never want to, nor would I ever want to own a factory rice 4-door with a huge wing like an Evo or Sti
Super car, who said my IX was a super car, dude the more you type the dumber you sound. I posted in my previous post a video (thus proving your inability to read and lack of observation), I can also find dyno slip after dyno slip, and more videos just to prove to you how idiotic you are, but why should I? Why should I go out of my way, the info is out there, if you choose to put the time in to search and inform yourself better than great, but if you don't care, then ok, but please stop making yourself look even worse and may I say clueless when it's quite apparent you are not knowledgeable enough to make a valid argument.

Also my problem is you keep bringing up numbers for an VIII, are you that dumb, I keep telling you it's a IX, but obviously reading owns you. Does that mean I'm saying I have a super car, please dumb f*ck, I'm just stating the obvious, that my car is different than a VIII, hint the roman numerical name change from VIII to IX . How would you like it if you posted a race about you and EVO, and I kept spouting out power figures for a LT1? Wouldn't I kind of sound a little misinformed, ignorant, or shall I say dumb. Not saying the differences between a VIII and a IX are as dramatic as LT1 to LS1, but the differences are significant, enough for my EVO IX to put up a much better fight with a SS.

Now your last comment is just dumb, and clearly shows how you had to re-sort to insults and a personal preference because your unfactual, misinformed, and baseless argument is running out steam.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Banned

I've never owned one and I would never want to, nor would I ever want to own a factory rice 4-door with a huge wing like an Evo or Sti
Well, if you have no practical experience with a car, then what makes you think that youre a credible witness for your own experiences?

Not to mention that a number of people on this site (myself included) are over a decade older than you. You really need to do some growing up.

My point is that youre arguing with people who own EVOs and DSMs that they're **** - when you yourself have never owned one. We speak from experience and time spent working with the subject material. You havent got **** to bring to the table but what you've read on web sites from other unenlightened people.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

EVO guys... why do you let yourselves fall into this trap? You know what your cars can do (so do I since I drive my friend's)...
Old 03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont see that you own a car at all wesman, ****** troll. You are what give LS1 owners the mullett wearing, arrogant stereotype.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who are you to judge anyone?? I'm 19 years old, plenty old enough to drive, I have my license, and I drive an LS1. So STFU.

I am merely juding you on what your responses have been in all your posts, which shows your immature and have no CLUE about cars. Plus, post up some pics of your LS1 to prove me wrong. You seem to still be stuck in the high school name calling mind set. Your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like a fool and proving to everyone that you are a joke...
Old 03-22-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
I am merely juding you on what your responses have been in all your posts, which shows your immature and have no CLUE about cars. Plus, post up some pics of your LS1 to prove me wrong. You seem to still be stuck in the high school name calling mind set. Your not impressing anyone, just making yourself look like a fool and proving to everyone that you are a joke...
Old 03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Wesmanw02: You need to relax. I've got nothing to gain by making fun of you, especially considering you're an "LS1 enthusiast," but just chill man. YES this is LS1tech. YES many of the members here are LS1 owners. NO this site is NOT only for LS1 owners. Even some WHO ARE LS1 owners still take offense at the **** talking. I, for instance, happen to like these cars alot (certainly not more than my TA). Many of my friends drive them and I help work on them just like they help me work on mine. One thing is politely stating that they are not among your list of favorite cars. It's another to state that they're ugly rice sedans (or **** like that...). That gets old, you know. JMO. Nobody like their pride and joy to be called a POS... Especially when they're NOT.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Wesmanw02: You need to relax. I've got nothing to gain by making fun of you, especially considering you're an "LS1 enthusiast," but just chill man. YES this is LS1tech. YES many of the members here are LS1 owners. NO this site is NOT only for LS1 owners. Even some WHO ARE LS1 owners still take offense at the **** talking. I, for instance, happen to like these cars alot (certainly not more than my TA). Many of my friends drive them and I help work on them just like they help me work on mine. One thing is politely stating that they are not among your list of favorite cars. It's another to state that they're ugly rice sedans (or **** like that...). That gets old, you know. JMO. Nobody like their pride and joy to be called a POS... Especially when they're NOT.
By the way wesman acts, I would not consider him an "LS1 Enthusiast". I would consider him a ricer in a domestic car, it happens. lol
Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by brad8266
I dont see that you own a car at all wesman, ****** troll. You are what give LS1 owners the mullett wearing, arrogant stereotype.
That's the difference between here and many import sites. I get **** on some EVo forums... a little bit, and it pisses me off when that **** goes on HERE. I take pride in this site, man... I'm addicted to LS1tech!!!

It's CALLED for to rip people and their cars but if they talk **** about the LS1... That's unacceptable.

Whatever, either way... we get all kinds of people anyway. Diversity is supposed to be a good thing I hear.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

A lot of LS1 owners get their panties all bunched up when someone posts that an LSX gets beat by an import. These people that get all mad are usually the ones with near stock LS1's and believe there is nothing faster then they are, or people that dont even own one. The LS1 drivers with the quick cars that actually know about cars dont act like some of the ****** here.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Not me... Yeah, I get smoked by imports every weekend.

What am I going to do? Hate them? No, I think half of them are badass cars. That's the modding game and those are the rules. I've met many cool people and friends through my car hobby over the years, import and domestic. It's about having fun. It's so stupid to see people making fun of another's car. I've also met many LS1 owners that are retards and are intolerable.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Not me... Yeah, I get smoked by imports every weekend.

What am I going to do? Hate them? No, I think half of them are badass cars. That's the modding game and those are the rules. I've met many cool people and friends through my car hobby over the years, import and domestic. It's about having fun. It's so stupid to see people making fun of another's car. I've also met many LS1 owners that are retards and are intolerable.

Hahaha im in the same boat man. All my buddies started getting EVO's, and STI's, and srt-4's and when they were stock I was able to beat, lol but they arent stock anymore! One srt-4 is making around 370 whp running a .50 trim, ecu flash/tune, turboback, wga, bigger intercooler and piping, etc and that thing flys. Ah well, my car is going in to have all the parts in my sig installed april 24th at dez racing so hopefully the tables will turn in my favor. if not then looks like ill be turning to the spray for some extra ponies.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Banned

You guys are silly
Old 03-23-2006, 12:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TopendLt1
You guys are silly
Oh you
Old 03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Hahaha im in the same boat man. All my buddies started getting EVO's, and STI's, and srt-4's and when they were stock I was able to beat, lol but they arent stock anymore! One srt-4 is making around 370 whp running a .50 trim, ecu flash/tune, turboback, wga, bigger intercooler and piping, etc and that thing flys. Ah well, my car is going in to have all the parts in my sig installed april 24th at dez racing so hopefully the tables will turn in my favor. if not then looks like ill be turning to the spray for some extra ponies.
Seems like a good list but where are the heads, man?

Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BSmonitor
Super car, who said my IX was a super car, dude the more you type the dumber you sound. I posted in my previous post a video (thus proving your inability to read and lack of observation), I can also find dyno slip after dyno slip, and more videos just to prove to you how idiotic you are, but why should I? Why should I go out of my way, the info is out there, if you choose to put the time in to search and inform yourself better than great, but if you don't care, then ok, but please stop making yourself look even worse and may I say clueless when it's quite apparent you are not knowledgeable enough to make a valid argument.

Also my problem is you keep bringing up numbers for an VIII, are you that dumb, I keep telling you it's a IX, but obviously reading owns you. Does that mean I'm saying I have a super car, please dumb f*ck, I'm just stating the obvious, that my car is different than a VIII, hint the roman numerical name change from VIII to IX . How would you like it if you posted a race about you and EVO, and I kept spouting out power figures for a LT1? Wouldn't I kind of sound a little misinformed, ignorant, or shall I say dumb. Not saying the differences between a VIII and a IX are as dramatic as LT1 to LS1, but the differences are significant, enough for my EVO IX to put up a much better fight with a SS.

Now your last comment is just dumb, and clearly shows how you had to re-sort to insults and a personal preference because your unfactual, misinformed, and baseless argument is running out steam.
Thats the most worthless post I've read in a while. Its nothing more than you ranting about how great your Evo is. Sorry, but nobody cares. Whats all this crao about the Evo IX being so different from the Evo VIII?? Its the same damn car, it looks the same, it runs similar times, and it only makes 10 more HP. Still looks like the 4-door family sedan with a huge ricer wing that it is. How do you think your 286HP car is going to keep up with a stock LS1 making 340HP?? Its not, and the bottom line, so stop with the ricer arguements. I love how you call names too, real mature there

Well, if you have no practical experience with a car, then what makes you think that youre a credible witness for your own experiences?

Not to mention that a number of people on this site (myself included) are over a decade older than you. You really need to do some growing up.

My point is that youre arguing with people who own EVOs and DSMs that they're **** - when you yourself have never owned one. We speak from experience and time spent working with the subject material. You havent got **** to bring to the table but what you've read on web sites from other unenlightened people.
Wow, you say I have "growing up" to do, yet you are the one trolling about imports on the LS1 forums, and with zero posts nonetheless. You are the ones that needs to grow up, not to mention get a life

I've driven and ridden in plenty of Evos and DSMs, therefore I can speak from first hand experience. I never said they were "****", I just said I don't like them and don't think they are anything near as great as people percieve them to be. They stick a turbo, a handing package, and a huge wing on a family sedan and all of a sudden its the best thing since sliced bread. Sorry, but I don't agree.

Now there a quality 2 line post from someone who don't know their head from their ***. I'm on this forum because I like Muscle cars and LS1's you dumbass, that doesn't make me a troll. What I'm objecting to is import guys coming on here and bragging about kills and how there cars are better and blah blah blah. I'm sick of the bullshit, half the time the stores are so unbelieveable that its a joke.

I am merely juding you on what your responses have been in all your posts, which shows your immature and have no CLUE about cars.
Really?? And since you know me so well, I guess you'd know
Unless you have something to add that can prove me wrong, shutup.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:49 AM
TECH Junkie

What I'm objecting to is import guys coming on here and bragging about kills and how there cars are better and blah blah blah.
Dude, I'd agree with you... Were this to have happened... When did this happen in this thread? If an import owner came on this forum and did this, I'd be ripping him too. When did this guy "brag" once? When did this guy state his car was better?

Has this even happened on any other thread right now in the kills forum? I'm certain it hasn't... You're more than welcome to correct me.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Banned

Wow, you say I have "growing up" to do, yet you are the one trolling about imports on the LS1 forums, and with zero posts nonetheless. You are the ones that needs to grow up, not to mention get a life
Hey jackass - I'm in IT. I get PAID to do fuckall. You are not your postcount.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Default If this post upsets you, DONT READ IT.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...7&page=2&pp=15

http://www.spokanespeed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=105

This took about 5 minutes of googling.

It appears IXs put down a lot more than VIIIs stock due to turbo revisions and the MIVEC among other things. Their times reflect this. Its a very similar relationship to the 98-99 LS1s with the old intake mani versus the 00 and ups with the LS6. Although the difference in power looks to be as if not more dramatic. I personally think a big part of it was changing the cams a bit. The VIII cams were really way to conservative. With more suitable grinds and the MIVEC the car uses the new turbo more effectively.

The Evo chassis is about as similar to a base Lancer as a M3 is to a Base 3 series. Similar yes, but a totaly different animal in everyway that counts. Similarly, the 4G63 has about 2 decades of development, and is not the same engine at all as whats in the Lancer. There is talk that the X will actually be a totaly new block of Aluminum too. Its already pretty certain the chassis itself will be entirely bespoke.

Facts. Not insults.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Seems like a good list but where are the heads, man?

Heads are gonna have to come a little later as Im looking at houses and need to keep a good amount of the money ive saved for a downpayment, otherwise id be dropping 30K-40K into my camaro lol.

Quick Reply: 2006 EVO IX RS vs. LS1 Camaro SS