Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

wtf is with supra guys?!??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:00 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem I have with ricers with fast cars is not that the fact that they can beat me its the fact that they spend so much money and time to make their inferior engines go fast. Now a twin turbo 6er isnt exaxtly inferior but take the turbos away and its a piece of ****. If "Ryan Woon" put all that time in money into an V-8 twin turbo he would have went a hell of alot faster.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1SpeedAddict
The problem I have with ricers with fast cars is not that the fact that they can beat me its the fact that they spend so much money and time to make their inferior engines go fast. Now a twin turbo 6er isnt exaxtly inferior but take the turbos away and its a piece of ****. If "Ryan Woon" put all that time in money into an V-8 twin turbo he would have went a hell of alot faster.
Then he would have been just like 600 other hillbillys out there. And his car is Single Turbo, not twin. I just wish some of you domestic only guys would learn something about other cars.

Oh, and using what you just said, if he would have put his time and money into a V-12 twin turbo, he would have went even faster. Because we all know there is no replacement for displacement.

Oh, and you guys would say I am a "ricer", since I own a Mazda RX-7. I plan on going 9's with less than 15K into my car, including the car, street driven, full weight.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

well personally, I really like supras. they are a very atteractive car and can put down some major power. They are a blast to drive and get looks all over the place. Im really not to worried about this guy. I doubt I will even have my SS in two weeks. Im prob gonna end up putting it on ebay and see how it does. Of course, if I still have the car when we meet up (hopefully Ill have et streets on it instead of 19inch street tires lol)
Old 03-27-2006, 09:59 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSINA7

Oh, and you guys would say I am a "ricer", since I own a Mazda RX-7. I plan on going 9's with less than 15K into my car, including the car, street driven, full weight.

Planning on and doing are two different things, I dont see it being easily done unless you plan on using half *** parts or your a good mechanic with connections.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

I can plan to get my car into the 6 sec range but that doesnt make it done.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Supra's are sweet *** cars, that can make a shitload of power and beat LS1's everyday?

Here is my experience with a supra
Click here to see Video

Btw... I was babying it that run... it was 40degrees so there was 0 traction after one hell of a smoky burn out and I was granny shifting as anytime I would shift realtively fast it was breaking traction So I only ran in the 8's

Last edited by MagikMan; 03-27-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Underestimate Supras at your own will.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know I am saying this to a bunch of non-believing, import hating morons, but I am going to say it anyway.

If the car is 1000 hp, it will kick your ***.

Supra's with 1000 hp do not run 12's with someone who can shift gears. If the car has 1000 hp, they probably know how to drive.

Just because it has a body kit, does not mean its slow or riced. Widebody's are used to be able to fit wider tires. 335's are a normal tire for Widebody Supras.

Supras are not just dyno queens. They all can make a ton of power. Don't be jealous. Ryan Woon's Auto Full weight car runs 8.4 with 1100 hp. His 6-speed car runs 8.6 full weight. Seriously, how can you hate on that.

Why do all of you act like this? Does it really hurt you that bad that Supra's are sweet *** cars, that can make a shitload of power and beat LS1's everyday? I own a damn LS1, love the ******* motors, but I have respect for all cars. Seriously guys, think before you speak.

Now flame me, I know I am on LS1tech.com, so lets hear what you hillbillys have to say. Ok, haha, that was just to pick a fight.
#1 im not a hill billy im not even white, making dumbass stereotype comments like that just make you seem stupid.

#2 you act the same way except you got the ricer mentaility "put a big *** turbo and it can kill anything blah blah"

if you ever payed any attention, you would notice that import guys with fast cars do post on here and get plenty of respect so dont give me that biased ****. This post had to do with the guys cocky attitude and **** talking not the fact that we just worship GM's and think everything thats not an american v-8 is ****, so go plan on running 4 second quarters or whatever the **** it is you do.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

They make a nice turbo/cam combo for supras these days that keeps their powerbands reletively flat, max power is around 450, but it starts at around 300 instead of the usual 150-200. Huge difference and a terror on the strip.

However most dyno graphs of big turbo supras i've seen, generally stay at 200hp and 2000ft. lbs, until around 4.5k, then they skyrocket. It's pretty worthless unless you spray too.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

What a coincidence that after reading this thread I ran across this on StreetFire.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...98AA6E11BD.htm

Dan
Old 03-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Launching!

you guys should check out www.supraforums.com, awesome site. you have not only supra guys there but people with vipers, vettes, mustangs, f-bodies....ect. i seen plenty of times what a supra is capable of with only BPU, and those things move. they get my respect.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Do you mean in the 1/8th, cuz hittin' 9's in the 1/4 is gonna be tough with 15,000 including car. Also, I plan on being a millionaire in a year........that doesn't mean it will happen. Don't tell us what you're gonna do. Do it and tell us what you've done!

And don't come in here stereotyping us as hillbilly's, that leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of people, that's how you end up getting chased off of LS1 tech because you get flamed so much.

I personally and any other true car enthusiast on this site have no qwerks with any import with *****, which is a topic that has been discussed in endless threads.

Supra's do have a rep. as being dyno queens that's not to say they're not fast, but alot, not all, but alot of the time supra's don't run as fast as they should go with the power produced. This does not however take away from the fact that they are badass cars.

Back to the topic i think you'll get your *** handed to ya if you go from a roll(assuming the car exists) however from a dig, if you can launch and shift you should take him past the 1/8th but it'll be close in the 1/4. My vote goes to Supra in the case it exists and has a decent driver in either race.

Sorry so long, but ignorance and arogance **** me off!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Junkie

If a car beats me I give the car respect, and I may give the driver some respect if he is cool about it and not talking ****. Then I just want to put my fist thru his teeth. It goes both ways. I have know some impot guys that are cool as hell and some others that are all riced out and talk a lot of ****. It just seems like there is more of the later.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Teching In

I know I am saying this to a bunch of non-believing, import hating morons, but I am going to say it anyway.

Just because it has a body kit, does not mean its slow or riced. Widebody's are used to be able to fit wider tires. 335's are a normal tire for Widebody Supras.

Supras are not just dyno queens. They all can make a ton of power. Don't be jealous. Ryan Woon's Auto Full weight car runs 8.4 with 1100 hp. His 6-speed car runs 8.6 full weight. Seriously, how can you hate on that.

Why do all of you act like this? Does it really hurt you that bad that Supra's are sweet *** cars, that can make a shitload of power and beat LS1's everyday? I own a damn LS1, love the ******* motors, but I have respect for all cars. Seriously guys, think before you speak.

Now flame me, I know I am on LS1tech.com, so lets hear what you hillbillys have to say. Ok, haha, that was just to pick a fight.
3. I don't really understand how adding a body kit "allows" you to use wider tires?

And for 4. and 5. The reason you responded to this was to defend your beloved dream car, the supra. Neat, a supra that runs 8's, oh and is daily driven, wow no car has ever run an 8 before, I'm not going to respond with some video of a muscle car running an 8 or a europeon car running an 8 (although I could) because that's what everyone does, so my question is, why are you bragging about this? I assume you just saw this as an opportunity to call people who drive american cars rednecks and oh hillbillys, impressive. You win, nothing.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hurley_21_07
What a coincidence that after reading this thread I ran across this on StreetFire.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...98AA6E11BD.htm

Dan
hey thats the supra thats on the "you got the hit" dvd i think it ran a flat 9. but he gets smoked by a blue 5.0
Old 03-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VanbibberLt1
supras are rear wheel drive cheif not front. /\/\
Yeah, like Im saying, the guy does not own a Supra. He probably has a NA, FWD, 4 Cylinder, Economy car.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Launching!

[QUOTE=LittleSneak1]3. I don't really understand how adding a body kit "allows" you to use wider tires?
QUOTE]

Technically, you need to have the fairings covering your tires to be street legal in a lot of areas. In other instances, the tires would rub big time on the stock quater panels if you go beyond a certain size witha certain off-set. Same reason the really fast guys tend to get tub kits. Makes room for more rubber in the wheel well.

And his reply was to put out some facts. I did not see him call a Supra his dream car. Considering he has an LS1 in a RX-7, I'd say he already has his dream car.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:46 AM
On The Tree

My friend has a Supra and i have a vette..
when he had 720 rwhp and I had 345 rwhp I would put a buslength on him from 30-90 mph..

then around 90 mph his car would pass mine like I was standing still..

at the track I ran a 13.1 with 345 rwhp and he ran a 13.5 with his 720 rwhp...

To me thats a dyno queen..720 rwhp is AWESOME..But what good dose it do in a race if you dont have over 200 rwhp till 4500 rpm's...?????

I have seen his dyno and it's exactly like that...

Now on the other hand there was another guy at our track with a supra that only had 600 rwhp that ran 10.9...

So these supras can be fast with the right set up..Just too many of them go for the biggest RWHP for there dyno without taking into consideration all the other important factors to make the car fast..ESPECIALLY the huge LAG that the supra is famous for..

It's a bad a** car..I dont really care for the looks my self but as far as imports go it's pretty nice looking..

The reason there are so many jokes about it is simple..

-An LS1 will run low 13's with only 300 rwhp
-with 350 rwhp the average LS1 will run mid 12's
-with 400 rwhp the average LS1 will run high 11's
-with 500 rwhp the average LS1 will run low 11's/high 10's

Now do the same thing with the supra but start at 450 rwhp

-with 450 rwhp the average supra will have a hard time hitting mid 12's ( not saying that some dont do this or better) but there are a lot more 450-550 rwhp Supras running 12's then 10's and 11's...

With our LS1 and 450 rwhp your pretty much guaranteed 11's....

Thats the differance that I see...

If someone tells me there vette or fbody has 450 rwhp ( compared to my little 370 rwhp) I know that from a roll or dead stop there gonna be in front of me the hole race and keep pulling...

Someone tells me they have a 450 rwhp supra ( vrs my little 370 rwhp) I think to my self ( dang if we go from a dead stop and I let off around 120 mph Ill probaly take them..

In my mind atleaste..Theres a huge differance between a 450 rwhp LS1 and a 450 rwhp Supra from a stop.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:45 AM
TECH Resident

Oh, and using what you just said, if he would have put his time and money into a V-12 twin turbo, he would have went even faster. Because we all know there is no replacement for displacement.
Not all v12s are big ci motors. Just as not all v8s are big ci motors. But I get your point, lol.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
That myth is BS that all supras run 12's. There is a red one that goes to Atco and runs 10's all day. That car sounds awesome too. Oh, he has no body kit, lol.

Ok. Well, theres one that goes 8's too. And 9's. And 10's. For everyone of them, theres maybe another 4 on the streets. For the most part, in the real world, they're nothing to worry about from a dig, most of the time.

I did come across one, right hand drive supra, white, out at the street races. "It has stock turbo's and nitrous"....."and tires". He wanted to race anyone from a dig. Crowds of people started to gather around our cars......**** started talking......alot of ****. It was actually kinda funny, hearing us both talking **** back and forth. Anyways....I was on street tires....not radials.... he wanted to race for money, bad. After about a half an hour of me saying "I don't give a **** about what happens,...but i'm not raceing for money(that night).

The crowd came up with the money to see the race. I wanted to go heads up,..they wanted to give me a car. I argued for a minute, then quickly shut my mouth ang got in my car. Took my spot, tree'd his ***......and the crowd collected they're money. I didn't have spray that night..... and the supra later that week, busted off an 11.2 @ 127...then later a 10.8 at 126mph.

Hmeboy didn't run that on the street though.

I respect anything with power...but some cars...are better off from rolls.

Quick Reply: wtf is with supra guys?!??