Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I am racing a GXR1000, I have questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gixxers! In the city. LOL
Your jockey must be real good, Ricky is now riding with Brock. Brock's tuner and engine builder is a good friend of mine. He tuned my turbo 1000 for me a few years back.
Please post the results, a few friend of mine had this talk a few weeks ago and we thought a 600plus whp car could keep or beat all but a few of the newer bike. There is a local guy that has a 1100whp twin turbo ls1 in a national and he walks on my stock 02 gsxr 1000. Now my turbo bike beats him on low(8psi 220whp)and medium boost (14 psi 268whp) on roles from 60 up. thats all on pump i never raced on the street on race gas but on the dyno at 24psi we had some major traction issues and never recorded anything over 350. I'm going to look to see if i have any dyno charts, if so i'll take a pic and post it.

Last edited by steveb; 03-31-2006 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Launching!

!@#$!!!

So we are talking about a bike that puts about as much to the ground HP wise as a stock late 80s 5.0 yet weighs 380 lbs. A NA powerplant that puts down to the ground more HP than a 1.8L VW turbo has at the crank. Thats sick. Simply wrong.

Then again, sos the Car

I bet on the car if it goes over about 140. I dont doubt for a second it will either.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
GSXR1000= loss for car
Not necessarily especially the car in question with the healthy shot of juice. Bikes are definitely beatable (I used to own a CBR954RR so I do have a clue what I'm talking about)
Old 03-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are lots of variables, but here is what happens with a 731 rwhp viper and a 164 rwhp busa.

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...72BA553CA0.htm
Old 03-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Like i said before you should beat all but a few of the newer bikes, and yes the Busa and a gixxer 1000 is probally one of them. BTW nice vid of the viper and busa.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You got em.

Local guy here beat a GSXR with 733 RW on low bottle pressure, you wont pull til the higher speeds...probably around 130 - 140, but youll get em. hes beaten busas... I have a video of him beagng a GSXR 1000 and a ZX12
Old 03-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jermzz
You got em.

Local guy here beat a GSXR with 733 RW on low bottle pressure, you wont pull til the higher speeds...probably around 130 - 140, but youll get em. hes beaten busas... I have a video of him beagng a GSXR 1000 and a ZX12

Post the vids.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Power to weight will be in his advantage, but you should be able to control that some bit with that flat torque curve. I say bust his ***!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Launching!

i own one of the 05 gixxer, they top out at 98mph in first, and they are a bad machine, have fun
Old 03-31-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow 98 in first
Old 03-31-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

When racing a bike the faster u go the larger advantage you start to gain due to their high drag. So if you guy start from 55 to 160mph i think you have a chance, but dont count on passing him until 120mph or so. Good luck
Old 03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.blackssei.com/nick/SSvsGSXRvsZX12.wmv

422 Ci ls1. 520 all motor, 733 on the juice. 150 wet shot.
vs.
GSXR 1000, Zx 12R

Kinda dark, i can lighten it later.

Your extra shot of n20 will more then make up for the extra 14ci you don't have. If your car is running good and you have a full bottle with good pressure, it's over.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
I think it will be a good race, vid will be badass. But please keep it safe you guys are gonna hit crazy speeds.
Just be careful!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Board Certified Idiot

I dont think that ppl that do not own a Bike should not be allowed to even comment on this subject. Makes perfect sence that the ones that vote for the car have no Idea. Or never drove a street bike. Your Car will not Beat the Bike. However it will be able to take the rider. A Newer GIXXER will RUN 10s easy and pull even harder UP top. going froma Dig is your Best Bet NOT a ROLL
Old 04-01-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Regular

All right guys. Here it is. I went to the test and tune and drove to some miserable #'s. The Kumhos are absolutly worthless! I trapped 126 @ 12.0 spinning down the track the whole way. Alot of the people where like WTF? But I did what I thought it would on what I had. So there is frustrating moment #1.
So after claiming my final slip on my 4 pass day I tell THe driver of the Gixxer to meet me at Sonic and we will hook them up. I get there and he and his bro are there on thier bikes. I cruise up and down punishing the few that tried. It is getting to be no fun. People just wave me off now. SO I return to Sonic. I load up a bunch of people and go. The caravan of cars and bikes hhead to the highway. I line up against the guys brother on his bike. I tuurn on the easy button and we hit it. I *** rape the guy. I will not act like it is an accmplishment. It was a high 11 second V-rod. But while doing this he flags me down. I hear sparks......shooting.....flames. Those words in that order convinced me to investigate. As of right now I can not for sure tell you wtf it is. No mark anywhere. BUt that did stop the fun. Several people saw the sparks. I will pull her apart and look. When I get it fixed I will post video up next weekend. I learned something though. 60 mph +684rwhp = me getting my *** handed to me by a GXR if I dont get a better tire. I just boiled them off. Hell I burned them off shifting into 4th at the track.

Signed

Frustrated in Tulsa.

For what it is worth the guys bro thinks it will be a damn good race too. Sorry to disappoint.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:13 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm12sec
There are lots of variables, but here is what happens with a 731 rwhp viper and a 164 rwhp busa.

http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...72BA553CA0.htm
damn that guy in that viper is a slow driver lol.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
I dont think that ppl that do not own a Bike should not be allowed to even comment on this subject. Makes perfect sence that the ones that vote for the car have no Idea. Or never drove a street bike. Your Car will not Beat the Bike. However it will be able to take the rider. A Newer GIXXER will RUN 10s easy and pull even harder UP top. going froma Dig is your Best Bet NOT a ROLL
That wasn't intelligent. I dont think anyone who doesnt own a big cubed motor with a 250 shot should be able to post.

Do you realize his setup is good for 9s on the juice? Do you realize ho wmuch 750 + rwtq is? You obvioulsy know nothing.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
All right guys. Here it is. I went to the test and tune and drove to some miserable #'s. The Kumhos are absolutly worthless! I trapped 126 @ 12.0 spinning down the track the whole way. Alot of the people where like WTF? But I did what I thought it would on what I had. So there is frustrating moment #1.
So after claiming my final slip on my 4 pass day I tell THe driver of the Gixxer to meet me at Sonic and we will hook them up. I get there and he and his bro are there on thier bikes. I cruise up and down punishing the few that tried. It is getting to be no fun. People just wave me off now. SO I return to Sonic. I load up a bunch of people and go. The caravan of cars and bikes hhead to the highway. I line up against the guys brother on his bike. I tuurn on the easy button and we hit it. I *** rape the guy. I will not act like it is an accmplishment. It was a high 11 second V-rod. But while doing this he flags me down. I hear sparks......shooting.....flames. Those words in that order convinced me to investigate. As of right now I can not for sure tell you wtf it is. No mark anywhere. BUt that did stop the fun. Several people saw the sparks. I will pull her apart and look. When I get it fixed I will post video up next weekend. I learned something though. 60 mph +684rwhp = me getting my *** handed to me by a GXR if I dont get a better tire. I just boiled them off. Hell I burned them off shifting into 4th at the track.

Signed

Frustrated in Tulsa.

For what it is worth the guys bro thinks it will be a damn good race too. Sorry to disappoint.

My first races after the Heads, Cam & Intake was against a 148 hp Busa and 250 hp Tubo Busa. I got my rear handed to me. It was fun, I did not know who I was playing with. It made me laugh after I talked with the guys and found out they really only have trouble with the 600 + hp cars. Don't know what competes with the turbo busa? That guy is nuts. They mentioned a friend who is building his Firehawk as a roll car. He is going after the 1000 + supras. I know the guy and the car. I can't wait for it to be finished.

Needless to say, I feel your pain. Since my mod's, I now have rear end, clutch & traction problems. Good ol'e SlP clutch is not quite enough for HP on my car. And I have not really gotten serious, yet.

Post the vid's - It should be close.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
Werd.I see young kids at the local track that have a HELL of a time cutting less than a 2.00 60 ft time,most of them average around 2.20! I just sold my 01 gixxer 1000 this spring.Mine was geared down 1 tooth up front and a akropovic full exhaust.When I layed on the tank (250lbs) it still came up all the time in first gear.An idiot could run a high ten on this bike,especially a newer one.Unless the guy can really ride it I'd go from a dig.55-60 mph is about the middle of first gear and that is a MEAN spot for the gixxer.I still think it will be a close race but will ultimately come down to how good the rider is.EDIT And for the record I think your car could take it from a roll if you can hook up w/the 200 shot.I just don't know why people always want to race liter bikes from a roll,on my bike that was one of my favorite ways to race though

Last edited by Jake the SSnake; 04-01-2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd

Signed

Frustrated in Tulsa.

I know how ya feel man about that but nevermind just post the vid asap

peace