Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced an IS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 06:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced an IS300

First off i want to say that i very rarely race on the street, noone ever wants to . The highest posted speed limit is 45. So i was coming home from work minding my own business, as we LS1 owners always do. When i see this IS300 in the left lane. Guam was a 3 lane highway from one end of the island to the other. BTW i had the worst ******* day I've ever had, nothing went the way it's supposed to go. Enought with that!!! So anyways I've read on a local forum that there was this IS300 that would always race on the street and just drive like a complete ***. Typical ricer ****. I told myself if i ever run in to this **** stain i would show him his place on the food chain. SO like i said before i was minding my business and as i started to drive pass him he kept speeding up. I dont know about you guys but that **** bugs the **** out of me. So i drop a gear and let the Borla do its job. Give him a little taste of what was to come if he was dumb enough to bite. I'm doin like 45 and he drops a gear and goes tearing off with fart can blazin, like the *** everyone described him as. So now it was on. . . The next light was red he moved to the middle lane to get around traffic so i get in the left.

We wait for like ever for the long *** light on Guam. It finally turned green and I even gave him the jump but he didn't take it. I figured he didnt want to play just like everyone else i've met on the street here. So i just pull away from the light like normal and all of the sudden i hear him i guess you would call it a launch, still in first i just flor it and start to pull on him i hear him chearping second, ( I've noticed our cars first gear is so much taller than most everyone else's ) I calmly grab second ( mind you it 6:30pm just after rush hour middle of town no need to draw any unwanted attention to myself) I pull 3 buses on him before 60 and just let off. Of course he did the typical ricer flyby.

It was weird he wouldn't stop next to me at any of the other red lights

Man i need a better means to make friends with!!!!!!!

Last edited by SmokeShow99SS; 04-08-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Nice kill, there is one of those car around my area with a turbo and i hear it goes well.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

f' ricers
Old 04-08-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

good kill.My neighbor has one of those and hes a ricer. He told me his dream car is a 350Z and told me about how they are so fast, lol. He also just crashed his new suzuki 600 bike by rearending a car on the main road here also.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Launching!

I've had an IS250 and beat it off the line. So much for AWD.
I've had an IS350 from a roll on the freeway and beat it so bad, I slowed down to match their accelleration, let them "try" to pull past me, as I continued to match them, got bored and then blasted up to ~130mph, before "making my point".

The best run was against some guy with an IS300. Had a turbo and got the jump on me. Eventually walked him around 75mph, though.

Don't know why people think these things are fast!? The only fast one I've seen is in Texas, and that thing's some 675+hp monster! I can't imagine what the guy spent to get it up there!
Old 04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

There not that fast stock. I was looking at getting one a couple years ago but went with the Evo instead. The can be made very fast however, as they have almost the same motor as the Supra only N/A. I have seen many with 600+whp in turbo'd trim. If un-turbo'd there nothing to worry about.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NIevo
There not that fast stock. I was looking at getting one a couple years ago but went with the Evo instead.
You made a good choice. They're wannabe sports car who never made it IMO.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Well the benefit of the IS is luxury and a suprisingly good handling bigger car. It can also put out any of the big #'s a Supra can and the motor/trannies are easy swaps. I liked the AWD of the Evo and easier tuning though.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Banned

Nice Kill! Those IS300's have 2JZ-GE's, so I'm sure with some piston/head/cam swappage, plus a turbo and stand alone, they can make some serious power. I mean, Supra engine, nuff said.

Oh and I ran an EvoMR last night, very nice performers, he ate me off the line about a car as I caught up to him, but it was 1/8th and over as I was at his fender. Those are some nice little cars, he had exhaust I saw, are sweet!

Blake