Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an LS2 GTO :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMG Benz's are "Family" cars too.

My cousin's Caprice could be considered a "Family" car.

So, "Family" cars can't be fast, must be bs then.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Teching In

it was a good kill but they wont give u any credit so dont even try ,beat 1 in my mach 1 and they give me the same crap great kill now go kill another one
Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm calling bullshit, its like claiming you beat a GTO in your Accord V6

First of all, the Subaru Legacy is a family car. So chances are the GTO didn't even want to bother wasting his gas on you. Second of all, the Legacy GT only has 250HP and it weighs over 3400lbs. That means the GTO has a 150HP advantage on it and it only weighs a couple hundred pounds more.

I don't care how "awesome your launch was", you didn't beat a muscle car with 150 more HP, thats just ridiculous. You say you had a couple car lengths advantage off the line, if the GTO driver was actually on it, he would have blown past you like you were stopped as soon as he hooked up. Don't kid yourself, the guy obviously wasn't racing

LOL...

Alright, and now for the moron of the thread...

This will be fun.

Considering the fact that you're comparing a Subaru Legacy GT with a V6 Honda Accord, I'd say that's grounds enough for me to tell you that you are way, way, way out of your element.

A V6 Honda Accord is basically a 15 second car, trapping in the high 80s.

A Subaru Legacy GT can clip a high 13. My trim level, the spec.B, was recently clocked at 13.7@ 99.

Nice comparo though...

Apparently, the truth of this thread is a little too much for a bench racing noobie to take. Not sure why this is a blow to his pride, but it's clear this somehow hits home with him.

I wonder if Wesman is aware that its possible for a car to trap slower, yet win a race. Is it possible for a car to have a slower 0-60 time, yet still be ahead at the point in time it hits 60? Why yes, yes sir it is. Imagine that.

So in other words, despite the fact that the GTO reaches 60 mph before I do, it is entirely possible, that he could still be behind me at that point - assuming I got off the line better than he did. That concept, considering I have AWD and he doesn't, is not at all hard to believe... unless your perceptions are somehow skewed by your emotions and pride - as appears to be the case here.

In closing, I really love how someone who didn't know the performance aspects of a car he's trying to bash, didn't watch the race, and doesn't know me... is somehow sure enough of himself to tell me that I'm blatantly lying.

I've been around here long enough, Wesman... haven't posted in a while, but I'm by no means "inexperienced". I also used to own an LSx vehicle, and I'm more than well aware of their capablities. Furthermore, I know without question that had the race continued, I would have lost... probably pretty badly. Yet somehow you've decided to play the idiot card here...

Take care!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Teching In

You beat the driver not the car, seeing as how even a decent driver gets them into the high 12s.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So chances are the GTO didn't even want to bother wasting his gas on you.
HAHA! How'd I miss this gem of a quote the first time around????

People who don't want to waste gas on you typically make you roll your window down, and say, "hey, let's race this time when I'm ready", and then squeal tires when the light goes green... right?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redglow360
You beat the driver not the car, seeing as how even a decent driver gets them into the high 12s.
Because 1320' time of a car is all that's needed to predict the 60' time...

Come on guys, you're making this too easy. And you're not reading what I'm saying either... I think I've said three times now that I'm completely aware I'd lose a full quarter mile race.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

so you holeshot someone and since your ahead the race is over? ricers play this game...
Old 04-11-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dbluegoat
so you holeshot someone and since your ahead the race is over? ricers play this game...
Originally Posted by Velocity
I hook up and take off with an early advantage, he spins a little, and starts going... but I had such an advantage off the launch he's quickly a couple car lengths behind and he lets off and gives up.
Apparently, people can't read worth a **** in here.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

told u no way to win u did a good job bad driver good driver doesent matter u won an now they are mad that u beat an ls whatever, im going through the same crap
Old 04-11-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL...

Alright, and now for the moron of the thread...

This will be fun.

Considering the fact that you're comparing a Subaru Legacy GT with a V6 Honda Accord, I'd say that's grounds enough for me to tell you that you are way, way, way out of your element.

A V6 Honda Accord is basically a 15 second car, trapping in the high 80s.

A Subaru Legacy GT can clip a high 13. My trim level, the spec.B, was recently clocked at 13.7@ 99.

Nice comparo though...

Apparently, the truth of this thread is a little too much for a bench racing noobie to take. Not sure why this is a blow to his pride, but it's clear this somehow hits home with him.

I wonder if Wesman is aware that its possible for a car to trap slower, yet win a race. Is it possible for a car to have a slower 0-60 time, yet still be ahead at the point in time it hits 60? Why yes, yes sir it is. Imagine that.

So in other words, despite the fact that the GTO reaches 60 mph before I do, it is entirely possible, that he could still be behind me at that point - assuming I got off the line better than he did. That concept, considering I have AWD and he doesn't, is not at all hard to believe... unless your perceptions are somehow skewed by your emotions and pride - as appears to be the case here.

In closing, I really love how someone who didn't know the performance aspects of a car he's trying to bash, didn't watch the race, and doesn't know me... is somehow sure enough of himself to tell me that I'm blatantly lying.

I've been around here long enough, Wesman... haven't posted in a while, but I'm by no means "inexperienced". I also used to own an LSx vehicle, and I'm more than well aware of their capablities. Furthermore, I know without question that had the race continued, I would have lost... probably pretty badly. Yet somehow you've decided to play the idiot card here...

Take care!
Wow, I'm real impressed with your typical ricer response of calling names and making **** up. How is the Accord V6 not comprable to your Legacy GT?? Your car has 250HP, an Accord V6 has 240HP, and they weigh about the same. Seriously, get a ******* clue, nobody cares about your made up bullshity story claiming you beat a LS2 GTO in your Subaru Legacy

You've obviously never driven a car with an LS2, or you would realize thats its no comparison to your family car
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noride
an now they are mad that u beat an ls whatever,
Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Apparently, people can't read worth a **** in here.
No, more like people on here can see right through your bullshit. Launching an AWD car, gaining 2 car lengths from the launch, and then claiming victory immediately is ricer bullshit and you know it.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, I'm real impressed with your typical ricer response of calling names and making **** up. How is the Accord V6 not comprable to your Legacy GT?? Your car has 250HP, an Accord V6 has 240HP, and they weigh about the same. Seriously, get a ******* clue, nobody cares about your made up bullshity story claiming you beat a LS2 GTO in your Subaru Legacy

You've obviously never driven a car with an LS2, or you would realize thats its no comparison to your family car
All cars with 250 HP run the same quarter mile times.

What an idiot!!!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

All cars with 250 HP run the same quarter mile times.

What an idiot!!!!!
More name calling because you can't back any of your **** up

You are a perfect example of why many of us have no respect for imports or improt drivers, you're pathetic.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Teching In

wesman just shut your mouth and give him the win u computer dork
Old 04-11-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noride
wesman just shut your mouth and give him the win u computer dork
He won't because...

All "family cars" are slow.

All 250 HP cars run the same quarter mile times.

The Honda Accord V6 and Subaru Legacy GT have the same performance.

LS2 GTOs can not lose.

All imports suck.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Launching!

I think Jay already freely and openly admitted that he would be toast after 3rd. He was simply proud of the fact that he got the dig and a little more on the LS2 goat. Those AWD turbo cars can launch very hard on the street.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

No, more like people on here can see right through your bullshit. Launching an AWD car, gaining 2 car lengths from the launch, and then claiming victory immediately is ricer bullshit and you know it.

Re-read his post - he clearly states that the GTO shut it down first. It's not hard to believe - he got a jump, 3 or 4 cars whatever, and the GTO owner decides:

A) He's back 3 or 4 cars and will have to run the car pretty hard to catch up quickly - on a main street so he decides to shut it down for fear of drawing the attention of cops.

or

B) Is an inexperienced performance driver and doesn't realize yet that his car would mop up the Subaru.

BUT........ Either way the story says the GTO owner shut it down first.

Re-read his post.
B) H
Old 04-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Teching In

good calll smart man talking
Old 04-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Ok, 1/4 race the GTO, even with a decent driver, would own the Subaru. Velocity admits this. This particular situation, with equal drivers, the GTO would own the Subaru. But this particular situation, seems to me that Velocity can drive his car and the driver of the GTO cannot. So win goes to Velocity. The Driver Mod goes a long way. When I bought my first 6-speed 02 SS. I didn't know it and I got beat by my friend's 98Z by 3 cars. I learned to drive it and then I was beating him by 3. So his story is believable.

Quick Reply: Killed an LS2 GTO :)