Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

slaying imports like usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboyferal
No, it's better here... Unmasking ignorance is much more fun.
Havent seen a local import impress me yet so I could careless. And no one was acting ignorant if my memory serves me right, granted I just skimmed through the last 2 pages. I lil bit of sarcasm though lol. I dont see anything wrong with the original posters story. So he braged about killing a supposed built honda. Big ****** deal. He's riding around in a 11 sec street car, so......I would expect him to be a tad arrogant.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The original poster is definitely NOT who I was referring to.

If you still can't find it on your own, I'll cite the ignorance for you on a post, but I'm sure you can find it... But if you could "care less" and aren't impressed by "imports" then why would I? Sarcasm can be fun, yes.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSINA7
And of course you can't forget John Shepard running 7's with a 5-speed and a full bodied car. How many domestics do that without being tubbed/backhalved?
Hey, John ran the 7's with his 4-spd, dog box - still manually shifted and uses a clutch. However he did run mid 8.6x s' years ago with the stock 5-speed, same thing as Sean from Extreme. That "record" was just recently shattered by Woon as you mentioned. I believe the HKS drag R33 is the fastest manually shifted car. I would say John's second unless someone can prove otherwise.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
still. sounds. like. ****.

i don't care how fast they make an import. i'll be the most impressed if they make one SOUND GOOD. holy ****, it sounds like the car woke up with diarrhea.

Nice come back.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Hey, John ran the 7's with his 4-spd, dog box - still manually shifted and uses a clutch. However he did run mid 8.6x s' years ago with the stock 5-speed, same thing as Sean from Extreme. That "record" was just recently shattered by Woon as you mentioned. I believe the HKS drag R33 is the fastest manually shifted car. I would say John's second unless someone can prove otherwise.

Yeah, I forgot he switched out the original 5 speed last year.. I remember going and watching him run 8's years before thinking that was awesome! Then last year I saw him run a 13.8 bogging off the line, and he proceeded to trap 174... I was like WTF? He used to trap like 160's? Then I heard about the dogbox and new additions he had made since he couldn't keep up in his old class.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Good Kill
Old 05-25-2006, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
still. sounds. like. ****.

i don't care how fast they make an import. i'll be the most impressed if they make one SOUND GOOD. holy ****, it sounds like the car woke up with diarrhea.
that really is a good argument. stupid diarrhea cars.....
Old 05-26-2006, 06:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 05-26-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Outlaw cars(mostly turboed stangs) run mid 6's on radials, so I dont see that being a record....just an import class record.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Outlaw cars(mostly turboed stangs) run mid 6's on radials, so I dont see that being a record....just an import class record.

No. It is the world ******* record.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Old 05-27-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

As I said that is not the drag radial record for any car....Just in the class the Supra runs in. What class is it BTW? Dwayne "Big Daddy" Guthridge recently went 7.50s in a stang. So it wasnt mid 6's....it was mid 7's.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/7s.aspx

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-27-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:26 AM
Staging Lane

What class is it BTW? Dwayne "Big Daddy" Guthridge recently went 7.50s in a stang. So it wasnt mid 6's....it was mid 7's.

That was "Street Tire" class.

Big Daddy did that run on, I believe, a 30 inch tall 315 E/T Street Radial that is not allowed in the Street Tire class. I've heard more then once he's running some type of torque arm set up, 106mm turbo, and that the car is mini tubbed...

The Supra's are not allowed to run that large a turbo, or that type of tire, and they are on the stock IRS and not a torque arm susp.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SleeperSupra
That was "Street Tire" class.

Big Daddy did that run on, I believe, a 30 inch tall 315 E/T Street Radial that is not allowed in the Street Tire class. I've heard more then once he's running some type of torque arm set up, 106mm turbo, and that the car is mini tubbed...

The Supra's are not allowed to run that large a turbo, or that type of tire, and they are on the stock IRS and not a torque arm susp.
Nope it was an MT DRAG RADIAL....not an ET street which is a slick with grooves basically not a radial tire... The car was stock suspension and yes mini tubbed..doesnt really matter though, its still the king of drag radials though there are several other domestic cars running almost as fast(six cars in the 7's).

PS these cars are only certified to run 7.50s so Wolfe actually PULLS THE SHOOT BEFORE THE LINE to avoid being disqualified.

Cubes rule.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-27-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Default Ohh My God!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again!!! I think imports are ok,**** I have ridden in a 900hp supra and must say the dam thing moves But the price to performance meter is beyond my budget. The car was 22k used add another and I quote ( Added another 18k in the motor and turbo and you get 900 hp) The only import i dislike is an rx7 It just looks bad and the wankel sucks ***, But I did see a ls1 in a rx7 on this sight and was like That thing must move!!! Look at it like this when it comes to less expensive hp v8, v10 is unmatch, Think about it how hard is it to get 500 hp with 4k with a v8 or 10? Not really right By the way I am using production motor from the factory with facotry specs. Now look at a import motors, 4k will buy you a good turbo kit and will it make 500 hp with a factory block? No if its NA from the factory I have priced a turbo for a Is300 2jgz motor 7k to start good for 400 flywheel hp, Im not saying this the cheapest kit just throwing it out there So if you look at it imports got to play catch up with domestics It will cost them a pretty pennie, But domestic guys wont spend as much I.E GMR turbo kit 3,800, turbo zone 3k to start, And even STS 3k to start will all net you 500+ hp on a v8 So yeah imports are fast, But for the money I will remain domestic
Old 05-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

As I said that is not the drag radial record for any car....Just in the class the Supra runs in. What class is it BTW? Dwayne "Big Daddy" Guthridge recently went 7.50s in a stang. So it wasnt mid 6's....it was mid 7's.

Dude, just stop. Nobody said it was the drag radial record. There are much faster Supra's on DR's. It is the world 6-speed record. Nobody has a faster maually shifted 6 speed tranny car. This is has been talked about numerous times on the Viper and Supra forums.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Dude, just stop. Nobody said it was the drag radial record. There are much faster Supra's on DR's. It is the world 6-speed record. Nobody has a faster maually shifted 6 speed tranny car. This is has been talked about numerous times on the Viper and Supra forums.
Of course if you add a million restrictions to any car you can make your own record.... The fact is it IS NOT the worlds fastest manual shifted car on drag radials PERIOD. It has a six speed. WOW. What racing sanctioned body has recognized this "record"?

I stand by the fact I posted at the beginning of the thread, for every import record there is a faster larger displacement domestic record to be found. Imports will continue to be a step behind until they actually use more CI.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-27-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Of course if you add a million restrictions to any car you can make your own record.... The fact is it IS NOT the worlds fastest manual shifted car on drag radials PERIOD. It has a six speed. WOW. What racing sanctioned body has recognized this "record"?
Come on... Don't take away how impressive it is... It was DAMNED impressive when that twin-turbo Viper had it, and it's amazingly a bit more damned impressive now.

I stand by the fact I posted at the beginning of the thread, for every import record there is a faster larger displacement domestic record to be found. Imports will continue to be a step behind until they actually use more CI.
I agree with that, but then they'd lose their appeal... Imports are not, as a general rule, designed with an emphasis on large powerplants... I mean, in Japan you need to show proof of a right to a parking space before buying a car (road size/room issues)... Drag racing is not that popular... And so on. That these imports perform these feats in drag racing, a sport HEAVILY driven by power and cubes, is pretty damned impressive... Wouldn't you say?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bboyferal
That these imports perform these feats in drag racing, a sport HEAVILY driven by power and cubes, is pretty damned impressive... Wouldn't you say?
No. Im sorry it (fast 6 cylinder) has been done before... Ever heard of the GN? This is just my opinion on the matter of drag racing records.

Yes the car itself is awesome! My cousin had two transplanted 2JZ Sc300s. The first one a 92 that made 765rwhp...the next a '97 that blew up on the dyno making over 1000rwhp. He sold the latter to SW and that car now runs 9's with a six speed in totally stock luxorious trim.

But to say that that is somehow a world record is simply false....none of the real go fast domestic racing teams are trying to make a six speed record.

If you want an example of an impressive supra to me anyway, check out Kean ***** TH-400 drag car.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-27-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Okay, so you're not impressed...

Being a loyal "stick guy," I look up to runs like that.