Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

slaying imports like usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006 | 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

You do know that if you think that a Supra having the record as the fastest manual tranny car in the world is not impressive you can easily build your F-Body to beat the record...
Old 05-27-2006 | 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

You DO know that the fastest LS1 powered car in the world is a half second and twenty mph slower than the fastest 2JZ-GTE powered car.
Old 05-27-2006 | 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Sadly, and as an LS1 owner I must reluctantly accept this, the LS1 IS NOT the spearhead of domestic motors in the world of drag racing... So, that's not all THAT impressive... Impressive, yes... But not as impressive as what other powerplants are doing...

As far as road racing is concerned, where does the 2JZ stack up???
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SleeperSupra
You DO know that the fastest LS1 powered car in the world is a half second and twenty mph slower than the fastest 2JZ-GTE powered car.
Is that all? Not bad.....Honestly the Ls1 cannot compete with the likes of the BBC, Keith Black Hemis, etc racing engines in competitive drag racing(no one even uses them).... You do realize that the fastest import drag car period is over 2 seconds and 100mph slower than the fastest 2-valve domestic powered car right?

Peace...You love imports and I love domestics. Nothing wrong with either one and it makes for fun useless **** talking.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 05-28-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Is that all? Not bad.....Honestly the Ls1 cannot compete with the likes of the BBC, Keith Black Hemis, etc racing engines in competitive drag racing(no one even uses them).... You do realize that the fastest import drag car period is over 2 seconds and 100mph slower than the fastest 2-valve domestic powered car right?

Peace...You love imports and I love domestics. Nothing wrong with either one and it makes for fun useless **** talking.

I find myself backing up imports all the time on this site, only out of open-mindedness and the fact that there are many that I like quite a bit.

However, I've realized SleeperSupra only chimes in to take shots at the few domestics slower than the noteworthy 2JZ. Come on, man, stop being a "manufacturer diehard." That's lame.
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
come to california i can find you 50 "domestics" that can wax those imports, nice car,though...
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

so if w2w ran 6's with there ls-1 that means the 2jz-gte ran 5's? wtf
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
so if w2w ran 6's with there ls-1 that means the 2jz-gte ran 5's? wtf
Yes, there is a 2JZ rail car in the 5's.
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Of course if you add a million restrictions to any car you can make your own record.... The fact is it IS NOT the worlds fastest manual shifted car on drag radials PERIOD. It has a six speed. WOW. What racing sanctioned body has recognized this "record"?

I stand by the fact I posted at the beginning of the thread, for every import record there is a faster larger displacement domestic record to be found. Imports will continue to be a step behind until they actually use more CI.

Whatever man. There is only one restriction to this record. 6-speed. Nothing else. If you want to argue about it, go ahead. But it has been set and is accepted. Noone said anything about manually shifted drag radials record. It is for the fastest 6-speed. And it is true. Peace.
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Over 2 seconds and 100 mph slower? Like I said, the 2JZ rail runs 5's, and the fastest drag cars are running low, low 6's IIRC, 2JZ wise. And what does Norwood's 4000 hp Integra run?
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Good engines are good no matter where they're from. Like technology, induction method, strength, etc. SIZE is positively beneficial; Thus, the GENERAL disadvantage of SOME import motors is observed.
Old 05-28-2006 | 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Over 2 seconds and 100 mph slower?
Yes. KB500 hemi....7000 horsepower and 4.4 ETs-335 mph traps. See my above post about domestics holding a faster quicker/record in each class.
Old 05-28-2006 | 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bboyferal

I find myself backing up imports all the time on this site, only out of open-mindedness and the fact that there are many that I like quite a bit.

However, I've realized SleeperSupra only chimes in to take shots at the few domestics slower than the noteworthy 2JZ. Come on, man, stop being a "manufacturer diehard." That's lame.
I am open-minded, I like anything that is fast, appreciate good technology regardless of the manufacturer, and give credit where it is due.

I only chimed in because of some of the ignorant statements that have been posted.
Old 05-29-2006 | 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

You sure? Then, I stand corrected.
Old 05-29-2006 | 12:36 PM
Banned

I am open-minded, I like anything that is fast, appreciate good technology regardless of the manufacturer, and give credit where it is due.

I only chimed in because of some of the ignorant statements that have been posted.
I don't believe that for one second. I know plenty of import lovers, and they wouldn't buy a Domestic even if it was twice as nice and half the price. They are loyal to imports no matter what, and considering your username, you seem like one of them.

Let me ask you this: If you have 2 similar vehicles, both the with same specs, performance, and price, irregardless of looks, which would you pick?? Let me guess - the import, because you like those better.

Forget supporting your own country or having American pride, Imports is where it be at foo
Old 05-29-2006 | 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
I don't believe that for one second. I know plenty of import lovers, and they wouldn't buy a Domestic even if it was twice as nice and half the price. They are loyal to imports no matter what, and considering your username, you seem like one of them.

Let me ask you this: If you have 2 similar vehicles, both the with same specs, performance, and price, irregardless of looks, which would you pick?? Let me guess - the import, because you like those better.

Forget supporting your own country or having American pride, Imports is where it be at foo
Statements like that are very ignorant and are what give certain car groups, whether import or domestic, a bad name. Look at my sig, I own them both. I got the Evo because its nice to have 4 doors with the family and living up north AWD is great. Its offers better performance then any other comparable car with these criteria, plus gets good gas mileage. I wanted something that I could also race and have fun modding, what other American car meets these?

The same can be said for the TBSS. I wanted an affordable SUV that could also haul some ***! It needed to be able to tow great and have lots of room. No "import" could come close to matching the criteria and so I bought a domestic.

Yes some people are die hard import or domestic fans. Most people wouldnt consider them true "car lovers" however because you have to be open minded and respectful of all deserving cars to be a true car enthusiast.
Old 05-29-2006 | 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
Statements like that are very ignorant and are what give certain car groups, whether import or domestic, a bad name. Look at my sig, I own them both. I got the Evo because its nice to have 4 doors with the family and living up north AWD is great. Its offers better performance then any other comparable car with these criteria, plus gets good gas mileage. I wanted something that I could also race and have fun modding, what other American car meets these?

The same can be said for the TBSS. I wanted an affordable SUV that could also haul some ***! It needed to be able to tow great and have lots of room. No "import" could come close to matching the criteria and so I bought a domestic.

Yes some people are die hard import or domestic fans. Most people wouldnt consider them true "car lovers" however because you have to be open minded and respectful of all deserving cars to be a true car enthusiast.
So to be a "true car enthusiast" you have to like all cars?? I don't agree with that at all, everyone has different preferences and opinions. Personally I like American cars best. Does that make me not "a car lover"?? I don't think so.

Thats great that the Evo suites your preferences well, but thats not usualy the case. Most owners don't drive their cars in the snow, nor do they require 4 doors. They just buy them because "Its an Evo dawg"

Disregarding your requirements of AWD and 4 doors, there are much better cars for the money. The GTO easily outperforms the Evo, and gets better fuel economy and is more reliable at the same time.
Old 05-29-2006 | 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

That's a pretty ignorant statement considering you don't know me or know about any of the American muscle cars I have owned in the past...
Old 05-29-2006 | 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

So to be a "true car enthusiast" you have to like all cars?? I don't agree with that at all, everyone has different preferences and opinions. Personally I like American cars best. Does that make me not "a car lover"?? I don't think so.
No, I said all deserving cars, not all cars. Theres a difference between respecting an Evo or GTO, or respecting a Honda Insight.

Disregarding your requirements of AWD and 4 doors, there are much better cars for the money. The GTO easily outperforms the Evo, and gets better fuel economy and is more reliable at the same time.
No it doesnt.
Old 05-29-2006 | 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
No, I said all deserving cars, not all cars. Theres a difference between respecting an Evo or GTO, or respecting a Honda Insight.

So you're saying everyone needs to respect Evos?? I don't respect them at all, I think they are ugly 4 door sedans that sound like crap. Does that make me "not a true car enthusiast"?? No, it doesn't by any means. I just like real sports cars, not 4 door family sedans with turbos and huge wings

No it doesnt.
Whatever. I know from person experience that Evos guzzle fuel for being a 4 banger, they sound like a trash compactor, and they break down - a lot. My buddy had an Evo VIII, and that thing was in the shop every week for something else. And the parts are ridiculously expensive as well.

And despite what you say, the GTO does in fact outperform the Evo. Its much faster, and if you look at the skippad/slalom numbers, it handles almost as well.