Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

slaying imports like usual

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
108MPH in a stock Evo?? Now you're just alking out of your ***, 106 is one thing (the mag time was posted) but 108 is ridiculous. The car just isn't that powerful.

And the only way you are going to pull low 13's in an Evo is if you drop the clutch at 5K. Not only does that put some serious wear and tear on the clutch, but it can also destroy other components in the driveline, such as the transmission, halfshafts, differentials, ect. And good luck getting Mitsubitchy to cover any of that, hell they won't even cover warranty claims that are completely legit

I'd much rather have a car that can run 13.0 all day long without self destructing. To me thats just pointless.
Wrong again, please quit talking about stuff you dont know anything about. High 12's are routine in the IX's. Also you do not "drop the clutch" at any rpm. Doing this will actually result in slower times and huge damage. There are many people with 50+ passes on there stock clutch and many more in the 11's with the stocker. It requires a 5500-6000 rev and then a quick slip out of the clutch while flooring the gas. People that destroy the stock clutch on a stock or lightly modded car dont know how to drive.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NIevo
Wrong again, please quit talking about stuff you dont know anything about. High 12's are routine in the IX's. Also you do not "drop the clutch" at any rpm. Doing this will actually result in slower times and huge damage. There are many people with 50+ passes on there stock clutch and many more in the 11's with the stocker. It requires a 5500-6000 rev and then a quick slip out of the clutch while flooring the gas. People that destroy the stock clutch on a stock or lightly modded car dont know how to drive.
Theres no way "slipping the clutch" at 5500-6000RPM will not destroy the clutch. Unless you got some kind of racing clutch, no stock clutch can take that kind of abuse. Thats just ridiculous. Even if it lasts 50+ passes, there's no way its going to last more than a few thousand miles afterwards. The only way the "IX" runs high 12's is with a 5K launch, and to me thats ridiculous.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

Theres no way "slipping the clutch" at 5500-6000RPM will not destroy the clutch. Unless you got some kind of racing clutch, no stock clutch can take that kind of abuse. Thats just ridiculous. Even if it lasts 50+ passes, there's no way its going to last more than a few thousand miles afterwards. The only way the "IX" runs high 12's is with a 5K launch, and to me thats ridiculous.
/wave

Mine lasted several years with a ton of passes on it before it got replaced with an ACT2600.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

108MPH in a stock Evo?? Now you're just alking out of your ***, 106 is one thing (the mag time was posted) but 108 is ridiculous. The car just isn't that powerful.

And the only way you are going to pull low 13's in an Evo is if you drop the clutch at 5K. Not only does that put some serious wear and tear on the clutch, but it can also destroy other components in the driveline, such as the transmission, halfshafts, differentials, ect. And good luck getting Mitsubitchy to cover any of that, hell they won't even cover warranty claims that are completely legit

I'd much rather have a car that can run 13.0 all day long without self destructing. To me thats just pointless.
Because we all know those F-bod rears are the SHIZNIT!
Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ht=stock+times
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...ht=stock+times
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...9&highlight=IX

Just a few more, non professional, times.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

Obviously you dont know how to drive. No the IX probably wont run many high 12's with a 5K launch but it will with a 5500-6000 if you can read. Just because we launch higher than your redline doesnt mean there is anything wrong with it. It just means we have a different car that has different ways of reaching its potential.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Good kill! Don't get to confident though, there's some imports out there that will surprise you.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I take it you're dropping the attack on my patriotism... I'm glad because I assure I am more so than most.

Did I say it was common? How common is it for F-body LS1's to run 12.9's stock? Not very common, but IT'S BEEN DONE. The same applies here to EVO's... There are a FEW that run in the high 12's, over 106 mph, and with the same likelihood of breaking their tranny/clutch parts as F-body's have breaking their rear end... WIDELY known to happen... EVEN ON STREET TIRES, not just stickies or DR's... As LSINA7 indirectly yet adequately indicated. Hell, the first thing I did to my car (after intake and exhaust) was to get a Moser 12-bolt... My posi started to suck with 15k miles on the clock... NO PASSES AT THE TRACK, just some fun on the street. Why should an EVO be worried? Makes no sense...

It's a shame you're so dead-set on disliking cars WHOSE PERFORMANCE EVEN YOU WOULD enjoy behind the wheel... There are alot of cars I don't like but it has nothing to do with where they're from.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XakEp
/wave

Mine lasted several years with a ton of passes on it before it got replaced with an ACT2600.
/end wave > the wave...
Old 05-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NIevo
Just because we launch higher than your redline doesnt mean there is anything wrong with it.
You have to launch that high because your **** doesn't make any torque.

This thread is absolutely pointless.

[/thread]