Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ran a mustang gt....need answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 04:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so have we come to a conclusion on whether or not my car is running ok??
I mean i did find out out I am throwing some rear 02 sensor codes and some cat codes. Urban hunter did say my car should be running rich. Could this have anything to do with it?
Old 05-29-2006, 05:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Ok, so have we come to a conclusion on whether or not my car is running ok??
I mean i did find out out I am throwing some rear 02 sensor codes and some cat codes. Urban hunter did say my car should be running rich. Could this have anything to do with it?
My car is running PIG rich. 11.6 after the cats, its a full point off so its running like 10.6 before the cats.... still makes decent power.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

I ran a GT last night on my way to the bowling alley with my wife in the car. We went fron a dig at the light he got a good carlength on me i spun pretty bad. His buddy in the passengers side stuck his hand out the winndow waving bye byeas soon as i caught traction i thought he put his car in reverse the dude that was waving bye bye looked very sadMy wife was laughing the whole time.And to think i was going to buy a GT at one time
Old 05-29-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by meSSman02
I ran a GT last night on my way to the bowling alley with my wife in the car. We went fron a dig at the light he got a good carlength on me i spun pretty bad. His buddy in the passengers side stuck his hand out the winndow waving bye byeas soon as i caught traction i thought he put his car in reverse the dude that was waving bye bye looked very sadMy wife was laughing the whole time.And to think i was going to buy a GT at one time
Originally Posted by aaron653
i actually raced a '02 vert mustang on saturday night from a dig. He beat me off the line by about half a car and when I got traction, I blew by him like he was standing still

ok guys, this is what I expected as well, which is why I keep asking if my car is running ok...it seems like its running ok, but it might not be pulling as hard in the hight rpms as it used to...I think I am just going to go get the car checked out, I might as well have peace of mind instead of of wondering...thanks for the completely mixed opinion from which I can draw no conclusions...
Old 05-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Launching!

yea your right, I have 3.23's and I spun pretty bad but I was still kinda disappointed. Next time we will go to at least 100, hopefully then I will be happier at the end of the run.

btw, thanks for all the input guys.
Good kill........you better bring your chute if you race over 100 it well help you slow down
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

it will be running rich and getting horrible gas mileage if your SES light is on on the dash from the codes.

Take her to the track and see what times you get, something is off. Or maybe race another mustang? Maybe that guy had alot of mods and just didnt tell you..
Old 05-29-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99FRCTorchRed
Good kill........you better bring your chute if you race over 100 it well help you slow down

We raced to 75 because of traffic not because I forgot to pack my chute before we took off...maybe if I had a C5 with that cool new motor they have that is so much different than mine I would have got to 100...

Urbanhunter...read first post...he is my best friend, i was there when he rolled off the lot is his bone stock mustang
Old 05-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Launching!

We raced to 75 because of traffic not because I forgot to pack my chute before we took off...maybe if I had a C5 with that cool new motor they have that is so much different than mine I would have got to 100...

Urbanhunter...read first post...he is my best friend, i was there when he rolled off the lot is his bone stock mustang
just kidding
Old 05-29-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

yea its cool, sorry about that...kinda in a bad mood, hungover and at work all morning = not happy. i guess i sensed a little sarcasm from you by mistake.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

So my best friend traded in his lifted 98 tahoe for a vert 02 gt today. It is an m5 and bone stock. I have a 2000 SS, A4, slp dual/dual, slp lid, on bald tires. So after watching the UFC fight tonight (any fans?) we went out to cruise around. Eventually we lined up from a dig and I told him he could count from 3. He punched it about .5sec before me and dropped the clutch at around 4K(good tires)...I power braked to like 1600, that is all my shitty tires will hold. Well obviously he had about half a car on me right from the start. I slowly pulled on him through first and as I shifted into second I pulled like a foot in front of him. Through second I continued to slowly pull and at about 75mph he was about a car length behind me and we shut down.

I guess it is a kill, but does this sound right to yall? I really thought I would pull him harder than that...? Im kinda worried...should I be..

btw, I sea foamed my car last night and I am still using that gas, that wouldn't make a difference would it?

Hey, nice kill man! I'll agree though, probably should have pulled a little harder, good idea as you stated earlier to have it checked out just to make sure.

OH, BTW, Matt Hughes is the MAN! I hated to see Royce go down that badly though. Definitely a different UFC than when he reigned back in the mid 90's.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

DocT, I completely agree with your entire post.
I was going for Matt b/c he is one of my favorite ufc fighters, but I did sorta feel bad for Royce and his family...I mean, during that fight, it looked like the Hughes family was the one that invented BJJ, not the gracies, ya know? It was just complete domination.