Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Not a kill, unless you talk about time above 100mph

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not a kill, unless you talk about time above 100mph

I got on the I 96 east to go to downtown Detroit to go to work. I kept her at 100 or more all the way. Saw a few bursts to 160 or so. Not as dramatic as some of the 180 runs I have done, but you gotta love covering 22 miles in 10 mins, ok maybe 11 mins. Anyways just thought I would share my drive to work. Will eventually record one of these runs and post it. Need a bigger memory card and a passenger. Highlight of the drive in was blowing by a state trooper that had someone pulled over. Going fast enough that all he got was a black streak and probably a headach from the exhaust note at WOT !!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I got on the I 96 east to go to downtown Detroit to go to work. I kept her at 100 or more all the way. Saw a few bursts to 160 or so. Not as dramatic as some of the 180 runs I have done, but you gotta love covering 22 miles in 10 mins, ok maybe 11 mins. Anyways just thought I would share my drive to work. Will eventually record one of these runs and post it. Need a bigger memory card and a passenger. Highlight of the drive in was blowing by a state trooper that had someone pulled over. Going fast enough that all he got was a black streak and probably a headach from the exhaust note at WOT !!
Good stuff, It probably wouldn't even of mattered if you got pulled over right?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldn't recommend stopping at that speed, speaking from experience.

Regardless of you being a cop or not.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would've got cussed out for sure! But by the time the troop got in his car and accelerated I would've been over 2 miles away, and theres no way in hell those 4600lb top heavy no handling cars can cut corners or even begin to keep up, or catch up. I'd be in my parking spot and signing my timecard. Besides theres no way he could verify something that he didn't really see. All he got was a blur. LOL>
Old 06-03-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
I would've got cussed out for sure! But by the time the troop got in his car and accelerated I would've been over 2 miles away, and theres no way in hell those 4600lb top heavy no handling cars can cut corners or even begin to keep up, or catch up. I'd be in my parking spot and signing my timecard. Besides theres no way he could verify something that he didn't really see. All he got was a blur. LOL>

lol..
Old 06-03-2006, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride to work you have,probably wakes you up better that a POT of coffee.

I was on I96 towards Lansing and a C6 goes by me like a streak,i matched his speed and the dude was cruising at 100 .

He would not even consider a little speed challenge against my obviously inferior(sp) car .

Dude was all about flying ,just not racing!
Old 06-03-2006, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

hit 160 on the way to work myself.

two times.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:26 PM
Restricted User

Please tell me you guys do this when nobody else is around? Allngn_C5, as I stated in the other thread, if in fact you are a police officer, I find it sad that you come on here and brag about all your thrill rides. If you want to endanger yourself, please make sure nobody else is around or go to a track to test the limits of your car. If you sped past my truck or car, with my son in the vehicle, you are also endangering our lives. I just had a close Doctor friend lose his son to a speeding accident caused by another driver. Please act intelligently.

I know this is the racing and kill section but don't make it a reality (kill or be killed) for others.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

I usually try to hit 80-90 every day, but I only get one mile of interstate to do it in. 25 miles of 2-lane state hiway, then 1 lousy mile of interstate.

Good run Allngn-c5, sounds like fun, and please do record this, it sounds like great video material, like a Gumball Rally Short. And like the man above says, please be careful. We woudn't want you to be in trouble or hurt yourself/someone else. That being said, VIDEO!!!!!!!

Last edited by Vette4LIFE; 06-03-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything, but this happened in Lv a couple of months ago. The Nhp trooper killed 4 and alomost killed a 5th pregnant girl. All for dinner and a test. Its a good read. http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4933143

Like NOSjohn said, If Allngn_C5 is really a cop I would love to hear about when your finally fired/locked up. I think there's a big difference for half these people on this board street racing. We didnt take an oath to uphold the law. Then a cop comes on here and not represent what he's suppose to be protecting people from. Idoits doing 160 on a freeway almost certainly will kill someone if they hit them.

What happened to the cop in the above story would probably be the same for you though. I know domestic violence people that have had tuffer punishments. This officer got bail and house arrest for killing 4 people. If it would've been me or any normal Joe we would still be locked up with some rediculous million dollar bond and now this losers attorney wants only probation because they gave him some bullshit plea deal that was probation or up to 30 years in prison. At least your going to work and not off racing home to take a test and eat some dinner.

NOSjohn I totally agree with you!

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 06-03-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Restricted User

Good points WhiteRhino!

I want to make all of guys aware. You think, "oh, I won't get hurt" or "oh, let me just run this bad boy up to 120 or 140". It doesn't take but a tenth of a second for someone to lane change, run out in front of you, or get/be clipped.

I see alot of threads in this section, I would just like more people to take heed and look out for others, instead of just a thrill (for themselves) for a brief second.

Race tracks are around for a reason, keep it on the track!

:end preach:
Old 06-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm willing to bet he is the type of cop who become one just so he could carry a pistol and wear a uniform while bending laws. Sadly there are a lot of those around
It's all just one big game to them.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Ok guy's, stop picking on the hall monitor, you know how fragile there ego's are.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stanger88
I'm willing to bet he is the type of cop who become one just so he could carry a pistol and wear a uniform while bending laws. Sadly there are a lot of those around
It's all just one big game to them.
as long as he's catching the bad guys while on duty I have no problem.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Restricted User

Perfect example of why you need to always be aware of your surroundings...even if you are...others aren't:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedia-exchange/519092-i-dont-know-really-where-how-put-r-i-p-my-ls1-you-wont-forgotten.html