Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT8 what? DAYTONA R/T what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My room mate has a 300c SRT8. I see you are in quantico, I live right by belvoir. You can come race him and we will video it and post it up. I am not swaying either way. I am sure everyone would be intrested in seeing it. I had a video of my car against him but I was more modded then you. Since you are closer to stock than I was I am curious to see what the outcome will be.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my input on the whole driver mod thing: my stepdad was hounding my *** about how his reg cab 4.7L v8 dodge truck (he didnt even know how big the engine was, i had to tell him) would rape my camaro. so one night, we got em out on the street, and what do you ****** know, i cant get traction and he beats me. i could have caught up to him, but since he had been drinking a bit (i know, another really smart thing to do) i didnt want to test it. well after i heard all about it, i told him to go again, best 2 out of 3. after i handed him his *** by about 10 car lengths at over 100mph twice, he shutup lol.

edit: at the time, i was running BALD 245/50 Dunlop Sport tires that would spin anywhere in first gear with my auto 2.73 geared rear end.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Anything with in reason can happen. Unless I blow my tranny or motor, no stock F body will ever beat me in the Viper. Much like a propperly driver SRT8 will not loose to a properly driver F body (stock). So, either he sucked big time at driving. (doubtful as it was an auto), or he wasnt racing.
Again, way too many factors to consider. Anything can happen in a street race, and whether you're racing to 100mph from the dig, or 140mph from a roll (or simply racing from stop light to stop light), the one who gets there first, wins, period (no excuses).

The way some of you feel about street racing, reminds me a lot of the movie "Better off Dead" with John Cusack. Not the Asian race scene, but the date scene w/Joanne Greenwald. She doesn't want to go out with him, and when he goes to pick her up, they calculate the cost of the date within a matter of seconds, he cuts her a check, and they avoid the date entirely....

This is what it's come to with some of you guys. You pull up at some stop-light next to a modded Supra-TT, roll down you're windows... and discuss you're mods w/each other before the light even turns green. Turns out that the Supra has about 50 more rear wheel horsepower than you. You immediately give the Supra owner props, along w/the win. Light then turns green, and you both go on you're merry way.

I mean come on!.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we let this thread die now
Old 06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UCABlackChevy
Can we let this thread die now
First, I wasn't responding to you, I replied to someone who quoted me... and by the way, there was really no need for the "stupid" smiley. Second, if you subscribed to this thread, and no longer wish to bother yourself with it, simply "unsubscribe", and voila, no more bother.