Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369

who names their motors with numbers and letters anyway? "yo dog, i got the new TX53 motor in my car!" what does that mean? yo man, that's to much better than the TX52! **** is so much easier with our motors. i have a 346. everyone knows what that means. done.
For your sake I hope your trying to make a joke...Cause that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard...Look at the name of the site your on dumbass...Name a motor made today that isn't named in that manner.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osk
LS1, LS2, LS4, LS6, LS7 IMO it's like saying k20 or b16, b18, etc. Like you said you don't know alot about imports so I understand why you wouldn't know what a k20 is but there are some import guys who don't know what a LS1 or even a 346 is. I guess I just wouldn't make fun of someone for refering to an engine in a certain way, especially if it is correct and common practice.
oh that? that was just a rant

seriously though, i think 25psi scours the internet on a daily basis looking for an import actually winning against a domestic f-body. he must damn near cream himself when he finds one

i got a challenge for him:

before you troll the domestic forums with videos of imports winning, i challenge you to find a race where the import both wins and isn't a total piece of ****.

imagine that, an import winning without a motor swap and carpet!

edit:
Originally Posted by 02SunsetSS
For your sake I hope your trying to make a joke...Cause that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard...Look at the name of the site your on dumbass...Name a motor made today that isn't named in that manner.
yes love, that was a joke
Old 07-13-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are some videos in this forum of 25PSI running a cammed SS thats putting down 400 HP. They are pretty much neck and neck with 25PSI pulling a little up top on the first run, and getting pulled slightly on the second. Very fast car though.

I thought he was full of **** and just trolled to **** people off until I saw those videos, he actually has a very fast import.

edited for link

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/wm/be...4c4f5fffd2.htm
Old 07-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Resident

as long as they're done right, i don't mind imports. these gutted cars with motors out of other cars and ones that look like total shiboxes with wings and god knows what...i have no respect for that.

i may as well face it, i just don't like imports...except the G35...sweet car. but that doesn't mean that i can't respect one. if someone has an import that's clean, actually driveable as a daily driver, has carpet and all its amenities and runs 12's, that's damn respectable. this video is of basically a shell with a different motor running an SS with power options, air conditioning, likely leather interior...it's a real car, not some stripped down piece of junk.

if 25psi has a nice car, that's cool. if it's fast, clean and driveable, not some sticker-laden, gutted piece of **** with 1 seat on plywood, that's awesome. i'm not knocking that. i'm knocking his video choices. if you're going to post videos of our cars losing on our own forum, at least respect us enough to post real competition, not some shitbox car that none of us would be caught dead in.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
again...imports suck ****, domestics rule...I will race 25psi on motor (me no nitrous) and beat him by 3 cars....

everytime an import beats a domestic on film, 25psi finds it and posts it here...wow...there isn't enough bandwidth in the universe to post all the domestics that kill import crap!

You pick and choose which car you would like to run on motor. The 350z should be ready in about a month and a half depending how long the machine shop takes.

The reason I post on here is becuase KNOWONE here ever has vids of the actual races.

We always here about an ss spanking on a civic (no vid), mustang spanking a 350z(no vid), trans am whooping an integra(no vid) etc....... But once I host a vid of a civic spanking an ls1, you always have **** to say.

Show me what you have. Post a vid of your pos. People have seen my cars, know what they run and have seen vids.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166711

Scroll down you will see a black 350z with gold rims.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166711

Scroll down you will see a black 350z with gold rims.
I don't think he's asking about the 350z, that mr2 has got to be a 9 second car. Or damn close to it.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
You pick and choose which car you would like to run on motor. The 350z should be ready in about a month and a half depending how long the machine shop takes.

The reason I post on here is becuase KNOWONE here ever has vids of the actual races.

We always here about an ss spanking on a civic (no vid), mustang spanking a 350z(no vid), trans am whooping an integra(no vid) etc....... But once I host a vid of a civic spanking an ls1, you always have **** to say.

Show me what you have. Post a vid of your pos. People have seen my cars, know what they run and have seen vids.
it's the quality of the vids you post though. you're showing civics beating our cars...but the civics themselves barely even classify as cars. they're a civic body...with a non-civic motor and transmission, totally different suspension, gutted to ****-boxes. they're not even civics anymore, they're just a medly of parts with a civic frame! this is why imports get a bad wrap. these are the imports beating our cars: 2000lb shitboxes gutted to near undriveability that no one on these boards would be caught dead in, beating up on some mostly stock f-body will full power, amentities and options. these aren't real races, they're insults to our intelligence.

show us a nice supercharged G35 beating one of our cars. at least we'd be getting beat by an import worthy of being on the road.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I beg to differ. First of all the new civics do have a k20 in them(I think). I dont think it is any different than you swappping in an ls7 intake on an ls1 car.

I think the civic has done the racing seen over the last 15 years more justice than any car on the road today. Call it what you want, its totally subjective. I personally love the civic and the fact that its not considered a sports car or a touring car makes it even more impressive.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Teching In

There's a local here with a K20 hybrid (I believe 2.4 bottom end) swapped into his 92 Civic HB and he runs mid 11's at 122mph NA! That's right...NA. Not too shabby. The K20's are pretty impressive. Probably have one of the best heads when it comes to imports.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Teching In

That civic was wicked gay. Fairy green, weedwacker exhaust, stripped..yuck.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Teching In

it's the quality of the vids you post though. you're showing civics beating our cars...but the civics themselves barely even classify as cars. they're a civic body...with a non-civic motor and transmission, totally different suspension, gutted to ****-boxes. they're not even civics anymore, they're just a medly of parts with a civic frame! this is why imports get a bad wrap. these are the imports beating our cars: 2000lb shitboxes gutted to near undriveability that no one on these boards would be caught dead in, beating up on some mostly stock f-body will full power, amentities and options. these aren't real races, they're insults to our intelligence.

show us a nice supercharged G35 beating one of our cars. at least we'd be getting beat by an import worthy of being on the road.

Well said and I agree with everything except that the K20 is a civic motor.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Electric
Well said and I agree with everything except that the K20 is a civic motor.
yea i know nothing about import motors and i have no will or determination to learn. when japan make the first import that looks good, sounds good, and is fast without being gutted, then i'll be willing to learn about that (no, 350Z's and G35's do not sound good, and i don't like 350Z's looks).
Old 07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SDB
again...imports suck ****, domestics rule...I will race 25psi on motor (me no nitrous) and beat him by 3 cars....

everytime an import beats a domestic on film, 25psi finds it and posts it here...wow...there isn't enough bandwidth in the universe to post all the domestics that kill import crap!
I got an import for you. I do have to agree that 25psi is kind of gay for posting these kills that aren't his. I could post videos all day of imports beating domestics that I don't know.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

i take it this is a motor swap race? because i don't know **** about imports. if it is, there's nothing i respect LESS than the motor swap car. why? it's not the same car. find a light car, gut it, throw a completely different motor in it and you're off. big freakin' deal. kills are impressive when you use the motor the car came with. if you don't, it's not the same car anymore. any shitbox can go fast with enough money. sad thing is, i bet that shitbox cost more than the SS.

who names their motors with numbers and letters anyway? "yo dog, i got the new TX53 motor in my car!" what does that mean? yo man, that's to much better than the TX52! **** is so much easier with our motors. i have a 346. everyone knows what that means. done.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. So people with iron block F-bodies or Y-bodies don't have the same car?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I got an import for you. I do have to agree that 25psi is kind of gay for posting these kills that aren't his. I could post videos all day of imports beating domestics that I don't know.
that is true too. the internet is a near infinity of videos. i could find one for every day of the year no problem.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

oh that? that was just a rant

seriously though, i think 25psi scours the internet on a daily basis looking for an import actually winning against a domestic f-body. he must damn near cream himself when he finds one

i got a challenge for him:

before you troll the domestic forums with videos of imports winning, i challenge you to find a race where the import both wins and isn't a total piece of ****.

imagine that, an import winning without a motor swap and carpet!

edit:

yes love, that was a joke
I could hundreds of videos of Supras, RX-7s, 240SX's, 300ZX's, 3000GTs, DSM's, etc. all beating domestics with full interior and look awesome. When you say imports remember these cars. We aren't talking just Honda's.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

K20's come in Civics, are are very driveable. They get 30 mpg or more and last forever. Like I said, one of my best friends has a 92 Civic hatch with a K20a2, with intake and exhaust it runs 12.9 and has full interior, he drives it everyday, and gets over 30 mpg.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The reason I post is becuase knowone every has **** on vid.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Resident

I could hundreds of videos of Supras, RX-7s, 240SX's, 300ZX's, 3000GTs, DSM's, etc. all beating domestics with full interior and look awesome. When you say imports remember these cars. We aren't talking just Honda's.
i don't like any of these cars

well RX-7's are okay...but ford practically owns mazda so it's like beating up on 1/3 of a ford the rest are fugly IMO.

Quick Reply: K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro