Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yippie for butt sore domestic bias!

It's faster so lets pick on it for rust dents etc. Now if it was some ragged out BigBlock 3rd gen you'd finger your *** for it.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
yea i know nothing about import motors and i have no will or determination to learn. when japan make the first import that looks good, sounds good, and is fast without being gutted, then i'll be willing to learn about that (no, 350Z's and G35's do not sound good, and i don't like 350Z's looks).
Looking good and sounding good is subjective. I happen to like both of my car, some will agree, some wont.

There are plenty of fast imports that arent gutted. Well.. maybe not Hondas
Old 07-13-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Electric
Looking good and sounding good is subjective. I happen to like both of my car, some will agree, some wont.

There are plenty of fast imports that arent gutted. Well.. maybe not Hondas
I read that I still seat 5
Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Yippie for butt sore domestic bias!

It's faster so lets pick on it for rust dents etc. Now if it was some ragged out BigBlock 3rd gen you'd finger your *** for it.
Ive written 4 paragraph responses that dont articulate this fact any better.

Snobs are pathetic. You find them in every pursuit. Camping equipment snobs. Bike snobs. Car snobs. Computer snobs. Etc. Ugh.

+1
Old 07-13-2006, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Ive written 4 paragraph responses that dont articulate this fact any better.

Snobs are pathetic. You find them in every pursuit. Camping equipment snobs. Bike snobs. Car snobs. Computer snobs. Etc. Ugh.

+1
I know what you mean, sometimes just being blunt is all that works other times it's hopeless.

I can't see why people dis like the other side or "lesser" things I mean if that civic is no threat or imports all suck why worry?

I figure if someone thinks his 15 second car is fast and cool let him fine by me I think my 12 second car is slow. Sure I like my faster car more but his car does no harm to mine.

This could be applied to beer boats swords anything.

Edit oh and thanks for you
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Launching!

And WTF is with people giving a crap about power options?

Thats just sad. Picture some guy loosing a race and saying; "...yeah, but if you had a CD player I would beat you.."

Did I miss something? Is it some sort of godly feat to run a certain ET with a CD player in your car? A stripped car only gains perhaps 20HP and looses 100lbs most of the time. Thats a few tenths. If that.

Some people are not pussies who need 42 satalite navagated cd changers with bluetooth capability and a heated seat.

Put AC, interior and a stereo into your average stripper car, and it will be less than a couple tenths off. My whole interior from the front seats back was maybe 20 lbs. The AC is about 30 from what I have read. Removing that belt might free up like 10hp if that.

Its insignificant. The only reason its done is that that stuff is fluffy crap that is uneeded. Its free to get rid of it, so why have it? Beleive it nor not, but back in the day humans survived just fine and even enjoyed a Sunday drive without the benefit of engine bay cluttering gas mileage sucking crap.
Ive removed as many belts as possible in my engine bay. Its so much better to work in now. And honestly the satisfaction of having a uncluttered strait forward ride is worth more than stupid amenities anyway.

BTW I drive in 110 degree plus heat all the time. Lifes a lot easier if your not dependent on fickle luxuries.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Teching In

it's the quality of the vids you post though. you're showing civics beating our cars...but the civics themselves barely even classify as cars. they're a civic body...with a non-civic motor and transmission, totally different suspension, gutted to ****-boxes. they're not even civics anymore, they're just a medly of parts with a civic frame! this is why imports get a bad wrap. these are the imports beating our cars: 2000lb shitboxes gutted to near undriveability that no one on these boards would be caught dead in, beating up on some mostly stock f-body will full power, amentities and options. these aren't real races, they're insults to our intelligence.

show us a nice supercharged G35 beating one of our cars. at least we'd be getting beat by an import worthy of being on the road.
Civics with "non-civic motor and transmissions, different suspensions, and gutted to ****-boxes". It sure is good thing nobody on this website does anything like that to their F-bodies. Nobody ever swaps motors, not on LS1tech. And here, everyone runs stock supsension. Nobody uses any transmission other than T56's and 4L60E's. And, we never see stripper cars and cars without full interiors. Jesus christ you come off like such a *****, a retarded ***** at that. You are an insult to yourself because you attempt to make an intelligent post, yet you lack grammar and contradict many parts and members ofthe very site you belong to and hold in such esteem.

yea i know nothing about import motors and i have no will or determination to learn. when japan make the first import that looks good, sounds good, and is fast without being gutted, then i'll be willing to learn about that (no, 350Z's and G35's do not sound good, and i don't like 350Z's looks).
NSX, Skyline, Supra, 300ZX, Silvia. Any of these names ring a bell? Now as for looking good, that is merely opinion. It seems like you have something againt imports.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cash50
NSX, Skyline, Supra, 300ZX, Silvia. Any of these names ring a bell? Now as for looking good, that is merely opinion. It seems like you have something againt imports.
Yes, aesthetics ARE purely subjective opinion. Sometimes I think the Supra s on here (and elsewhere) confuse the looks of the car with the potential for speed and performance it obviously possesses. If that car were only ever allowed to be had /driven with an NA 2JZ, and auto trans would everyone out there still deify it's looks?? NOT that it is a fugly ride, but it is far from the best looking thing out there (again OPINION). Yes, it's true, the same can be said for anything, that's just my point!! I'm also not saying the f bodies (or y bodies for that matter) are God's gift to the automotive body design world either, but I like them more than most Nippon imports. BTW; I do happen to think the G35 Coupe with the right wheels on it is a very good looking car (even better than a 350Z), probably the sweetest looking thing to come out of the land of the rising sun (yes, again OPINION).
So what if he has something against imports?? That's his right, just as it's the same right all of the GM/domestic nameplate bashers/haters and ricers have. It irks me when everyone says, "oh, but you HAVE TO respect/love (whatever, fill in blank) because it's FAST". NO, I DO NOT HAVE TO love/respect it, but I DO have to acknowledge that whatever is fast, if I am living in reality. There are still a lot of ricers out there that think a bone stock Civic is faster than a bone stock LS1 f body. I guess they are living in their own reality.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dailydriver
So what if he has something against imports?? That's his right, just as it's the same right all of the GM/domestic nameplate bashers/haters and ricers have. It irks me when everyone says, "oh, but you HAVE TO respect/love (whatever, fill in blank) because it's FAST". NO, I DO NOT HAVE TO love/respect it, but I DO have to acknowledge that whatever is fast, if I am living in reality. There are still a lot of ricers out there that think a bone stock Civic is faster than a bone stock LS1 f body. I guess they are living in their own reality.
I agree with your first part 110% but this is where people seem to get lost.

He's being a dick and biased for no good reason. As I said before fine you like something else more. I like uber sedans the most hell you offer me an AMG or a M5 i'll take that in a heart beat for a daily.

But I'd far from talk down a faster civic/stang for no good reason. Even if you are picky about dings dents etc. Guess what? The other car is/was faster. Give it the respect earned, don't nit pick when you wouldn't nitpick your "side"
Old 07-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

keep quoting me people. why don't you read what i said? i said stop posting videos of gutted shitboxes. post them of real cars. this is why no one respects imports. these are the videos we get. post REAL cars beating f-bodies, not some piece of plywood on wheels. i can't believe how poorly people comprehend words on this site.

Originally Posted by cash50
It seems like you have something againt imports.
i have nothing against imports, just their brainless drivers that don't understand people's points.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

this thread is too stupid. We all know whats going on, so drop it and stop pullin eachothers hair.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

keep quoting me people. why don't you read what i said? i said stop posting videos of gutted shitboxes. post them of real cars. this is why no one respects imports. these are the videos we get. post REAL cars beating f-bodies, not some piece of plywood on wheels. i can't believe how poorly people comprehend words on this site.

i have nothing against imports, just their brainless drivers that don't understand people's points.

I am not going to post videos in dudes thread, but I have tons. Start another thread and I'll post all the videos you want.

Just wondering, do you not believe there are good looking imports that can beat LS1's or that there aren't ANY good looking imports?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I am not going to post videos in dudes thread, but I have tons. Start another thread and I'll post all the videos you want.

Just wondering, do you not believe there are good looking imports that can beat LS1's or that there aren't ANY good looking imports?
neither. i'm just tired of seeing busted *** cars beating LS1's. if you're going to beat us, beat us in something respectable. i've put this in all my posts so far. i don't know how many more times i can spell it out.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

neither. i'm just tired of seeing busted *** cars beating LS1's. if you're going to beat us, beat us in something respectable. i've put this in all my posts so far. i don't know how many more times i can spell it out.
I don't think the car has to be the best looking car to be respectable. If its fast, its respectable to me. If you take the time to make a slow car fast, I give props whether you strip it out or not. Just because I want a street car with full interior, somebody else might not. Can you say just because your car is fast stock, his car is a POS because he spent a lot of money and time making his Civic fast?
Old 07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bull **** with your vagina blabbering I'm betting I could show you vids of my hatch then you'll point out a ding on the paint and call it a **** box and don't mind the dent on my camaro.

Why is it less respectful because it isn't a show winner AND a fast car? Looks are subjective as you say yourself but soon probbly will try to weasel out of. Alot of racers love that gutted look.

Your just biased and too stuck up and and your ego is too big to even give props to anyone but your self and the little circle jerk of Fbodies your in.

Why do you think WE *ls1 owners* get a bad name? It's from people like you, now sure you don't mind cause you soooo much better right?

DIAF.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Resident

it's beat to ****. if i wouldn't be caught dead driving it, i don't respect it. i don't care how fast it is. it doesn't change the fact that no one in their right mind would drive that around every day and expect to "look good".

it's ugly, it's vomit green, the bumper is falling off and it sounds about 10x whinier than my old 1-cylinder yamaha blaster.

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
Bull **** with your vagina blabbering I'm betting I could show you vids of my hatch then you'll point out a ding on the paint and call it a **** box and don't mind the dent on my camaro.

Why is it less respectful because it isn't a show winner AND a fast car? Looks are subjective as you say yourself but soon probbly will try to weasel out of. Alot of racers love that gutted look.

Your just biased and too stuck up and and your ego is too big to even give props to anyone but your self and the little circle jerk of Fbodies your in.

Why do you think WE *ls1 owners* get a bad name? It's from people like you, now sure you don't mind cause you soooo much better right?

DIAF.
nah, i just think that the idea of taking a 15 thousand dollar car made to get 40mpg and turning it into a fast car by tearing it apart and putting all different parts in it is stupid. it's a civic - not a race car. i don't care how awesome you think a fast civic is. nearly everyone in the real world wouldn't want that civic no matter how fast it is. it could mop my car up and down the street all day every day. i guarantee you nearly everyone would take my car over the civic.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

it's beat to ****. if i wouldn't be caught dead driving it, i don't respect it. i don't care how fast it is. it doesn't change the fact that no one in their right mind would drive that around every day and expect to "look good".
WAHH WAHHH

looks are subjective so just because you don't like it makes it a fact its a pos
good call!
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Resident

ooo, ouch, a tampon picture, how offensive, especially since you're the one crying, not me. i'm just pointing out that no matter what you do to it, it is still a beat *** civic with no carpet and its bumper falling off. it could be the fastest piece of **** car in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a piece of **** car.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

ooo, ouch, a tampon picture, how offensive, especially since you're the one crying, not me. i'm just pointing out that no matter what you do to it, it is still a beat *** civic with no carpet and its bumper falling off. it could be the fastest piece of **** car in the world, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still a piece of **** car.
What more ***** leaking?

Guess what *** bag it beat that SS DEAL WITH IT.

oh and more pics i can do that

ps try this link
http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html
Old 07-13-2006, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 25psi
The reason I post on here is becuase KNOWONE here ever has vids of the actual races.

We always here about an ss spanking on a civic (no vid), mustang spanking a 350z(no vid), trans am whooping an integra(no vid) etc....... But once I host a vid of a civic spanking an ls1, you always have **** to say.

Show me what you have. Post a vid of your pos. People have seen my cars, know what they run and have seen vids.

So I need a video for you to believe that I put a car on my gf's 2000 Integra GSR through first gear alone?

Most people here don't have video of races with honda's becuase aside from a few of them, they are just not worth the gas.

Quick Reply: K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro