Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
to each his own. i just don't consider fast and nice equal words. my f-body is comfortable, looks good, sounds good and is faster than 9 out of 10 cars on the road. i challenge you to find a civic that meets all those requirements. especially the "looks good and sounds good part".

people need to know that speed does not equal nice. luxury, comfort and cleanliness equals nice. speed is just a big plus, but it can't equal nice on its own.
I don't think it looks good. Maybe it is comfortable, most civics are too. I don't like the sound of most civics, but whatever.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I can't help but laugh at all the people who try to say "be open minded" "respect cars that are fast, no matter what they are". What a joke. I'll never understand how any respectable man can modify a civic and think thats cool. I guess thats the difference between adults and kids. Seems like most of the kids of this generation like the daily driver economy cars for racing. Never understood why. Fast and the furious maybe? For all of you who think racing pos imports is cool, this is for you. Ask yourself, when you watched fast and the furious, do you think to yourself, "they sure look retarded"? Well thats what you idiots look like.

Dude, there are many respectable PRO racers out there that are racing FWD econo rice. BTW, I thought the Fast and Furious was a cool movie.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Z2K_MrJ
ChoCO stop Debating with them.. Its pointless,,, Ask yourself this Question instead.. Why do PPl Gutt out a Car to Death & Swap a Motor..But still Looks like a TurD Yet Painted GReen. onLY TO rACE A sTOCK fbod?.. mOST Import Lovers or Ricers are ALL on a Power Trip..?? Its usually to Beat us that is how it is and allways will be..think differ. More or less they look Up to us.. Personnaly i would Never Be cought Dead DOing all that Crap to my Car.& to what or why you Might ask? to only to Beat a Exotic car. Unless its going to be Just a Race Car. Thisis all Just commen Sence.. This is what & why there is Different Typesof Crowds the People that Get it & the People that dont Under stand it

Worst writing ever. Go to school.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=SDB]
Originally Posted by 25psi
Hell my 350z wont so less than 700ft lb of torque when its finishedQUOTE]

The ultimate ricer line...."when it is done"...no one here has EVER heard that before...

All I know is that My camaro will kill both of your cars...go run them and show me a 10 second slip, THEN I will turn onmy nitrous since I run 10's on motor, radials all around , full weight, nothing removed, etc.

Fucktard.

SDB
You want to run an import with nothing removed, radials, full weight, on motor? Or if you want to spray a little nitrous, we can do that too. I guess my car is a POS though, so that takes it out right? After we drag the car, lets go to a road track and see what times we can run. Then, after all that fun, we can race from a roll. I don't need an auto and a 4000 stall to keep up on the track. I'll manually shift my car. We can have a little car-a-thon. What do ya think? This will show how good rice can look while blowing by a Camaro in all aspects of racing!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ooo, ouch, purple! what a low blow. it's not purple at all, it's just a cell phone camera shot. it's maple. it's rust colored burgundy in the sunshine and dark maple in the evening. it's a metallic paint. it looks great with polished ZO6 rims on it. then again, you rock a diarrhea green camaro with a hood that looks like it has a tumor growing out of it. and FWIW, my car will dust your little green camaro assuming your sig isn't BS. the fact that you're even comparing my car to that civic in the looks department is hilarious.

FWIW, i bet i can find more ladies that like my car than yours firebirds are far more popular in the looks department from the people i talk to, and so is maple red metallic over diarrhea green metallic.

so my car's slow huh? slow's a matter of opinion isn't it? some people consider 10's slow. i will beat 9 out of 10 cars i see on my work commute at 3/4 throttle. most people don't consider that slow.

yes, i have a lid and catback because i have no money at this time. ever thing it's a daily driver and i can't afford downtime right now or can't afford things breaking? i'm also in college and in debt. i'll tell you what, you ship me 5 grand and then i'll start modding my car, mmmk? then you can criticize my mods. until then, kindly shut the hell up.

Relax forum WARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have to have a car for the ladies you sound like your imature, I have a fbody also.

Sorry but a lid and exhaust is dead crawlin were I come from.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't care, not what i bought the car for at this time
Old 07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

just a question, to whom are you making this post out to?

For SDB
Old 07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Teching In

2001 Maple Red Metallic Firebird Formula

SLP Lid, SLP D/D Exhaust, ZO6 wheels, 2.73's

hehe i might take ya in my 99 gt ...2.73 gears ? i only race to 120 hehe

have a great weekend everybody !!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:18 PM
12 Second Club

good lord that civic was ugly as **** and sounded like ***, I think I have seen this same video but they switch camera guys and the SS basicaly beats the civic the same way the civic beat the SS, but it could have been another one. Oh hey chris, my cell phone is pretty much fucked, I saw you called the other day, whats up bro.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
For SDB
okee dokey.

Originally Posted by Chris@GMS
2001 Maple Red Metallic Firebird Formula

SLP Lid, SLP D/D Exhaust, ZO6 wheels, 2.73's

hehe i might take ya in my 99 gt ...2.73 gears ? i only race to 120 hehe

have a great weekend everybody !!!!
mmm...2.73's are so underrated. believe it or not, people buy f-bodies for more than one reason. the only reason isn't to mod the hell out of them and try and be the fastest thing on 4 wheels. some people like the look and performance that comes stock. i get a 13 second car that gets 22mpg (21.8 on my last fillup, mostly city driving). i say that's pretty good and as of now, i don't have the NEED nor the MONEY for a faster car. believe it or not, not everyone races their f-body. if fact, most people keep them stock or simply lid and a catback.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:16 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=LSINA7]
Originally Posted by SDB

You want to run an import with nothing removed, radials, full weight, on motor? Or if you want to spray a little nitrous, we can do that too. I guess my car is a POS though, so that takes it out right? After we drag the car, lets go to a road track and see what times we can run. Then, after all that fun, we can race from a roll. I don't need an auto and a 4000 stall to keep up on the track. I'll manually shift my car. We can have a little car-a-thon. What do ya think? This will show how good rice can look while blowing by a Camaro in all aspects of racing!
OK, come on up and we can do it for free or money...

SDB
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=ChocoTaco369]
Originally Posted by SDB

at least he's confident

i'd like to see this car...
here is a link to some pics and a list of mods...

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/sdbojrab/

2000 Camaro Z-28
Monterrey Maroon with Saddle leather
All options except T-tops and traction control
MTI 382 stroker motor with Lunati rotating assembly (11.2 CR)
Speed Inc SS3 camshaft .611/.619 242/250 114 lobe
LS2 timing chain
Lingenfelter ported and shimmed oil pump
42 lb. SVO fuel injectors
NGK TR-6 spark plugs gapped at .038
Taylor Thundervolt spark plug wires
Walboro in-tank GS340M fuel pump
Hotwire kit for fuel pump
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
Full Throttle Speed Timing Tuner
ASP underdrive pulley
Turn One aluminum water pump pulley
AFR 225 heads, Platinum PRC Spring upgrade, 2.08/1.60 valves, hand finished by LPE
ARP head bolts
Stage 8 locking header bolts
FAST 90 mm intake manifold
Nick Williams 90mm Throttlebody
BMR tb bypass kit
Descreened MAF
TSP lid with K&N filter
free ram air mod
Kooks 1 7/8" stepped to 2" stainless race headers with 3 ½" welded collectors
Kooks 3" aluminized Y pipe with 3 ½" inlet/outlet
Stainless Works 3 ½" stainless cat back exhaust
SLP fan control switch
RPM 4L60E transmission with deep GM Truck style pan, 5 gear planetary with Royal Purple synthetic
ATF
Yank Pro Thruster 4000 stall torque converter
10 bolt rear with 3.42 gears, Summit preload support cover, stud kit, synthetic fluid
ARP wheel studs (rear)
Edelbrock Torque Arm w/ poly mount
Hotchkis front hollow sway bar
Hotchkis rear hollow sway bar
Hotchkis welded in sub frame connectors
BMR lower control arm rubber/poly
BMR adjustable panhard rod bar
HAL QAI-R front shocks and HAL springs
HAL QA1 rear shocks with stock rear springs
BMR bolt in control arm relocation brackets
Prothane polyurethane motor mounts
Bendix front and rear brakes with Hawk HP pads
Earls Hyperfirm Stainless Steel brake lines
Ford HD brake fluid
Hurst line lock kit with pre-bent lines
Boyd Blaster wheels, 17 X 9.5 front 17 X 11 rear
Sumitimo 275-40-17 front, M&H Racemaster Drag Radials 325-45-17 rear
Stull Billet Grill
Window Tint
Secondary alarm system
Optima “Red Top” group 75 battery
VIN acid etched in all glass
NX GM MAF nitrous kit, remote bottle opener, thermostatically controlled automatic bottle heater,
purge kit, nitrous pressure gauge, TPAS switch, three-button rocker panel control, blow down tube
(Full GEN-X-2 kit). Custom billet aluminum bottle brackets from Aerospace Engineering.

Custom MAF-less computer tuning with EFI Live Flashscan/RoadRunner by Green Light Motorsports
(open loop tune, 02's not used)
Old 07-15-2006, 12:41 AM
TECH Resident

Nice car man, everything looks very clean. I mean its nothing like the SWEET *** car in the original video, but keep up the good work anyways
Old 07-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=SDB]
Originally Posted by LSINA7

OK, come on up and we can do it for free or money...

SDB

Well, I doubt I'll ever go to Indiana for anything. But if you come to NC or VA anytime let me know. BTW, Nicee mod list. I thought mine was sad, but I think you might just have more stuff than me. Maybe.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Teching In

The SS in the race is mine. The K20A motor in that car is modded to hell, cams, all bolt on's, clutch, flywheel, different final drive...it put down around 235hp to the front wheels.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Teching In

SS vs Hatch full vid

here is the full video...the second race is with the passenger in his car.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

wow, he even won the second one. That was . So what started as a supposed stock K20 civic is now a built K20 civic who gets walked harder in the second race by the camaro. Yea 25 psi, that was a great video. I'll bet he raced a catback ls1. too.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rubber duck
wow, he even won the second one. That was . So what started as a supposed stock K20 civic is now a built K20 civic who gets walked harder in the second race by the camaro. Yea 25 psi, that was a great video. I'll bet he raced a catback ls1. too.
A K20 civic hatch is no joke. I have saw a K20 hatch with an intake, exhaust, and a K-pro on radials beat a 2000 Z28 with headers, y-pipe, exhaust and all the free mods from a roll and a dig. I wil have a video of that race soon I hope. They are going to run again since the Z28 has now got a ported TB, MAF, an intake, and cutouts.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:18 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

What was the motive of only showing one of two races, which Civic won? Why not show other race where SS won the race?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
A K20 civic hatch is no joke. I have saw a K20 hatch with an intake, exhaust, and a K-pro on radials beat a 2000 Z28 with headers, y-pipe, exhaust and all the free mods from a roll and a dig. I wil have a video of that race soon I hope. They are going to run again since the Z28 has now got a ported TB, MAF, an intake, and cutouts.
oh no doubt its a stout little engine.....it is quite impressive fwiw, but sometimes I think it gets blown out of proportion, similar to the ls1 I suppose. All in all, they were good races regardless of the winner. However, I think it is flat out bullshit to only show one of the races, it's just stupid to do because the probability of someone posting the whole thing is quite high.

Quick Reply: K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro