Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Cobra vs C6 and M3.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Im not selling this for a while, got B I G plans......gonna break A L O T of crap.......

Old 07-20-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Hell yea I had an LS1. 99 Camaro 6m SS, H/C, TSP 239/605 cam, LT's all supporting boltons 420-430 rwhp....Nice, miss it everyday too. Just wanted to try the Cobra. You will like the Cobra, but dont get rid of the Camaro, they are two totally different cars. Im not selling this for a while, got B I G plans......gonna break A L O T of crap.......
What are some of the highlights you like better about the Cobra and the Camaro? I haven't seen one at any of the dealerships in a long time and have never had the chance to drive one, stock or modded, so anything I say about them in terms of the all around driving experience is pure speculation.

Jason
Old 07-20-2006, 12:38 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro99SS
What are some of the highlights you like better about the Cobra and the Camaro? I haven't seen one at any of the dealerships in a long time and have never had the chance to drive one, stock or modded, so anything I say about them in terms of the all around driving experience is pure speculation.

Jason

Well I dont speak for everybody but I was getting a little sick of a big cam lope. The Cobra feels a bit more civilized at the same HP level. NOT BASHING LS1's, everybody. Some people love a big nasty cam but it sure is hard to get a race camming like a top fueler! They handle about the same, they are about as fast as each other give or take but the clutch in the Cobra is a cable and I have N E V E R had the pedal get stuck to the floor, even though it is like pushing aginst a brick wall. The S/C scream takes a while to get used to, then you love it to death, I can freakin scare people hitting it next to them since the tires will spin straight to rev limiter....FUN....
You gotta atleast drive one, but if you are very tall, you will bang your knees on the dash. We all know LS1's and Cobras rule, but its tough to get used to getting your head ripped off hitting it from as low as 2k. Power windows are fast as hell too. With over 500 rwhp, 3rd gear is a bit of fun. Now with a Whipple/KB and some nitrous, could be better. The only reason I got it was the forged bottom and they are getting cheaper.

Im Jason also.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Well I dont speak for everybody but I was getting a little sick of a big cam lope. The Cobra feels a bit more civilized at the same HP level. NOT BASHING LS1's, everybody. Some people love a big nasty cam but it sure is hard to get a race camming like a top fueler! They handle about the same, they are about as fast as each other give or take but the clutch in the Cobra is a cable and I have N E V E R had the pedal get stuck to the floor, even though it is like pushing aginst a brick wall. The S/C scream takes a while to get used to, then you love it to death, I can freakin scare people hitting it next to them since the tires will spin straight to rev limiter....FUN....
You gotta atleast drive one, but if you are very tall, you will bang your knees on the dash. We all know LS1's and Cobras rule, but its tough to get used to getting your head ripped off hitting it from as low as 2k. Power windows are fast as hell too. With over 500 rwhp, 3rd gear is a bit of fun. Now with a Whipple/KB and some nitrous, could be better. The only reason I got it was the forged bottom and they are getting cheaper.

Im Jason also.
No offense here Jason. I wouldn't mind a cammed daily driver, but I do see how some people can get tired of it though. It sounds like you bought one for similar reasons as I want one. One thing I like about them is the cable clutch. It is pretty heavy (I've sat in one before, just haven't driven one), but I also hate the light 4cyl feel of my hydraulic clutch. It's hard to feel sometimes. I also think they look pretty cool, and obviously the forged bottom end is the kicker. Once you scrape enough $ together to buy one, it's nice not having to do much to get into the 11's while retaining showroom driveability.

Oh well, we'll see how things unfold. I'm currently between jobs right now, and I'm looking at getting on at a dealership for now. If that happens, I'll be seriously considering getting any 03/04 Cobra they may get in at a discount. We shall see...

Jason