Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 Chevy K1500 stock smokes honda

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no i dont run 17's i run low 16's and my dads runs high 15's, as for that 96 chevy vortechs stock had throttle body injection i know it ive seen them, they changed in 00, you guys belive what you want but jesus christ i tell a story a true story BTW and all hell breaks lose, so what the hell ever good god i dont see how any of you dare say any thing about beating some one, from fear of being called a lier, i beat the dam car so get OFF MY ***!, thanks for reading i guess
Old 07-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Whatever you want to think man. Not arguing with you anymore. Got better **** to do. Your mind is set in stone. But there are a lot of imports that would whip your *** AND look better doing it. Good day.
The ricer **** keeps piling up.

Of course there are "imports out there that could beat me", no ****. Then again there are Domestics out there that could beat "those imports". Its a pointless arguement, you could go on forever.

As far as looks goes, thats a matter of opinion. I don't think there's any Jap import ever created that can come close to the awesome looks of a WS6 T/A, but then again thats just me. Everyone has their own opinion, but 90% of "modified" Jap cars look like ****. Hell, most of them looks like **** stock, look at the STI
Old 07-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
The ricer **** keeps piling up.

Of course there are "imports out there that could beat me", no ****. Then again there are Domestics out there that could beat "those imports". Its a pointless arguement, you could go on forever.

As far as looks goes, thats a matter of opinion. I don't think there's any Jap import ever created that can come close to the awesome looks of a WS6 T/A, but then again thats just me. Everyone has their own opinion, but 90% of "modified" Jap cars look like ****. Hell, most of them looks like **** stock, look at the STI
90% of modified japanese imports look like ****? You are living in the world of the Fast and Furious. If you knew anything about the top japanese imports, you would know the owners hate bodykits and **** just as much as you domestics do. Go on rx7club or supraforums, or any of the top japanese imports sites, and ask about bodykits, and people are going to tell you that you are stupid, to keep it stock looking. I can't believe people seriously think the Fast and Furious is the way it is...

Also, the "awesome looks of a WS6 T/A"?

http://www.mkiv.de/uploads/forendate...y/P1010279.jpg
http://www.mkiv.de/uploads/forendate...y/P1010189.jpg
http://performancefreaks.com/picture...senger_pic.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~bengratt/ws...8/site1015.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~bengratt/ws...8/site1016.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5510/fdjz80fo7.jpg
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/3338/fdjz80cb5.jpg

I could post pictures all day of better looking cars, but this is LS1tech, so I'll refrain myself.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

90% of modified japanese imports look like ****? You are living in the world of the Fast and Furious. If you knew anything about the top japanese imports, you would know the owners hate bodykits and **** just as much as you domestics do. Go on rx7club or supraforums, or any of the top japanese imports sites, and ask about bodykits, and people are going to tell you that you are stupid, to keep it stock looking. I can't believe people seriously think the Fast and Furious is the way it is...
No, I'm living in the real world, where 90% of the modified imports I see are riced out pieces of ****. Japanese owners hate body kits huh?? I didn't know you could speak for a whole population. And funny you should say that, because all the Japanese drift cars have ugly *** widebody kits on them. And they originate in JAPAN. Sure there are some tastefully done RX-7's, Supras, ect. But the majority of modded imports are totally rice. You can't change reality.

If you don't like F-Bodies, then get the **** off this site. You're dissing a good 50% of the cars on this site you moron

I could post pictures all day of better looking cars, but this is LS1tech, so I'll refrain myself.
Get this through your head - nobody cares. If we likes the "tight *** imports" you constantly talk about, we wouldn't own F-bodies, and we'd be members of those sites. But we don't so stop trying to preach about how great thoswe cars are. We really, really don't care.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Teching In

now i was shocked my truck did so well, all i have is a flowmaster MUFFLER, and a K&N AIR FILTER. and i beat a honda who had to have at least 5 grand in his car pretty good for a 6600 pound truck[/QUOTE]

Seems fishy...230hp ??? maybe on a 96 350, 6600 pounds...to be in the same Hp/lb ratio as you his 2200 lb honda would have to have about 80hp....Do people even contiplate the numbers before they post nonsensical stuff like this??

Uh..no.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Teching In

http://www.mkiv.de/uploads/forendate...y/P1010279.jpg
http://www.mkiv.de/uploads/forendate...y/P1010189.jpg
http://performancefreaks.com/picture...senger_pic.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~bengratt/ws...8/site1015.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~bengratt/ws...8/site1016.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5510/fdjz80fo7.jpg
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/3338/fdjz80cb5.jpg

LSINA7...I usually don't agree with you :-) But I do here on all accounts except the WS6 Bashing.. I have owned what most would consider some beautiful cars....and I also think the WS6 Ram Air is one of the sexiest cars out there, the front end is simply awsome. Looks are subjective, but I have owned Vipers, an NSX, Caddy's, G35 coupes, S2000, Ferrari's and AMG's...The WS6 really holds its own against higher $ competition in the looks department.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

No, I'm living in the real world, where 90% of the modified imports I see are riced out pieces of ****. Japanese owners hate body kits huh?? I didn't know you could speak for a whole population. And funny you should say that, because all the Japanese drift cars have ugly *** widebody kits on them. And they originate in JAPAN. Sure there are some tastefully done RX-7's, Supras, ect. But the majority of modded imports are totally rice. You can't change reality.

If you don't like F-Bodies, then get the **** off this site. You're dissing a good 50% of the cars on this site you moron

Get this through your head - nobody cares. If we likes the "tight *** imports" you constantly talk about, we wouldn't own F-bodies, and we'd be members of those sites. But we don't so stop trying to preach about how great thoswe cars are. We really, really don't care.
Don't know what world you are living in, and this isn't Japan. ALL drift cars and "riced" out, even the Vipers, Mustangs, and GTO's. Its their for a reason. You SHOULD know that. But I forget all you know is your own cars. If you know that.

I have tons of friends with imports, mostly japanese cars. Only one has a body kit. That probably covers 12 cars or so. So I got a 1/12 ratio of body kits to non-body kits. I guess where you live people are just different.

Again, let me give you a hint. This is www.ls1tech.com. T/A's are not 50% of this site. I like Camaros, Vettes, and GM trucks. I also own a LS1. I have the right to be on here just as much as you do, so guess what. I'm still here bud!

Also, you do not speak for everyone else on this site. You have already proved that.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
LSINA7...I usually don't agree with you :-) But I do here on all accounts except the WS6 Bashing.. I have owned what most would consider some beautiful cars....and I also think the WS6 Ram Air is one of the sexiest cars out there, the front end is simply awsome. Looks are subjective, but I have owned Vipers, an NSX, Caddy's, G35 coupes, S2000, Ferrari's and AMG's...The WS6 really holds its own against higher $ competition in the looks department.
They are ok. But the throw-up emoticon made the sentence better.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FireChicken2000
no i dont run 17's i run low 16's and my dads runs high 15's, as for that 96 chevy vortechs stock had throttle body injection i know it ive seen them, they changed in 00, you guys belive what you want but jesus christ i tell a story a true story BTW and all hell breaks lose, so what the hell ever good god i dont see how any of you dare say any thing about beating some one, from fear of being called a lier, i beat the dam car so get OFF MY ***!, thanks for reading i guess
96-98 "Vortech" v-8's were not TBI. they were port injected. That was a large portion of the power boost from the TBI motors. Yes they had a tb on top of the intake manifold, but fuel was not sprayed there, jsut the air was metered. the fuel injectors were in the lower intake manifold. I had a 97 Z-71 that I took apart a couple of times. Motor was the same as a 96.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Don't know what world you are living in, and this isn't Japan.
Thanks god its not.

ALL drift cars and "riced" out, even the Vipers, Mustangs, and GTO's. Its their for a reason. You SHOULD know that. But I forget all you know is your own cars. If you know that.
Drifting started in Japan, not America. They only started making American "drift" cars was to emulate the Japanese models in competitions. They are ugly as hell, and ricers love them.

I have tons of friends with imports, mostly japanese cars.
Never would have guessed that

All my friends with nice vehicles drive Domestics. Camaros, Trans Ams, Novas, Mustangs, and of course American trucks. My one friend has a Tiburon, what a piece of ****. He can't wait to get rid of it and buy a Mustang GT.

I'm still here bud!
Thats really, really too bad.

Also, you do not speak for everyone else on this site. You have already proved that.
I already proved that huh. Actually, the only thing I've "proven" is that you are an import lover on a Domestic based website. You rant and rave about imports, yet your precious RX7 needs an LS1, an American, General Motors engine, in order to be fast. When Hon-duh or Mitsubitchi figure out how to make a V8 engine let me know, that will be the day.

They are ok. But the throw-up emoticon made the sentence better.
No, it just made you look like more of a dumb ricer. Bashing Trans Ams on an LS1 site is just plain retarded.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

All my friends with nice vehicles drive Domestics. Camaros, Trans Ams, Novas, Mustangs, and of course American trucks. My one friend has a Tiburon, what a piece of ****. He can't wait to get rid of it and buy a Mustang GT.

Thats really, really too bad.

I already proved that huh. Actually, the only thing I've "proven" is that you are an import lover on a Domestic based website. You rant and rave about imports, yet your precious RX7 needs an LS1, an American, General Motors engine, in order to be fast. When Hon-duh or Mitsubitchi figure out how to make a V8 engine let me know, that will be the day.

No, it just made you look like more of a dumb ricer. Bashing Trans Ams on an LS1 site is just plain retarded.
I also have many friends with domestics. So that puts me in the middle. I like american muscle obviously since I had a Camaro and still have a LS1. I have had a fast rotary before, so if you think they can't be made fast, you are a bigger idiot than you sound like. My last rotary had bolt-ons only, made 296 whp and ran 12.7's. That sounds like such a slow *** car huh? I went LS1 to be different. I love the motors. Also, I am not an import only person. I like a lot of different muscle cars.

With my bolt-on RX-7, I took how bolt-on newer model Mustang GT's easily, and even beat a couple bolt-on F-bodys. I don't really see how that is slow?

BTW, I can't believe you threw a Tiburon in this conversation.

Also, you are bashing me, calling me a ricer, yet every car I have ever owned has been stock looking and would whip your ***. So why do you keep acting like this? If you ask me, you are the ricer.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

I went LS1 to be different. I love the motors. Also, I am not an import only person. I like a lot of different muscle cars.
You went with the LS1 because its an all around better motor. Don't lie to yourself.

BTW, I can't believe you threw a Tiburon in this conversation.
Last time I checked a Tiburon was an import.

You are bashing me, calling me a ricer, yet every car I have ever owned has been stock looking and would whip your ***.
Sure it would. I'm sure your "bolt on" RX7 would beat up on my bolt on Trans Am

And maybe in the process of doing so you'd burn through a crankcase full of oil and sieze your motor up

If you ask me, you are the ricer.
I highlighted the problem. Ask a ricer who is a ricer, and he will never admit that he himself is in fact one.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Staging Lane

You went with the LS1 because its an all around better motor. Don't lie to yourself.

Last time I checked a Tiburon was an import.

Sure it would. I'm sure your "bolt on" RX7 would beat up on my bolt on Trans Am

And maybe in the process of doing so you'd burn through a crankcase full of oil and sieze your motor up

I highlighted the problem. Ask a ricer who is a ricer, and he will never admit that he himself is in fact one.

It is an ALL-AROUND better motor. Thats it. It is easier to make power and gets better gas mileage. What does your T/A run? Like I said, 12.7's in my FD with an intake and a 3" full exhaust (DP, HFC, CB). Also, all my rotaries were great motors, never had any problems.

I already told you I was a ricer. Obviously, I mean look how much rice I have owned.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Teching In

Alright sence i started this BULL ****!, how ABOUT WE ALL SHUT UP!!!, it dont matter what i say it gets turned around, And LS1NA7 as for the looks come on man there is no way you can say a supra which is as plain looking as a par of socks is better looking then T/As in genral,
T/A
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...h_clevelan.jpg
Supra????
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/king444/GAY.jpg

i mean come on man to say that is like saying "Eating ****" is better than Eating Steak". WTF? anywho you can have your own ideas but i agree with demon dont come on here and bash the car when you have the engine they use and were many people who love these cars hang out, your just asking for it.
thanks for taking my fourm WAY THE HELL OFF TOPIC!!!, well iam done Peace.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FireChicken2000
Alright sence i started this BULL ****!, how ABOUT WE ALL SHUT UP!!!, it dont matter what i say it gets turned around, And LS1NA7 as for the looks come on man there is no way you can say a supra which is as plain looking as a par of socks is better looking then T/As in genral,
T/A
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...h_clevelan.jpg
Supra????
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e55/king444/GAY.jpg

i mean come on man to say that is like saying "Eating ****" is better than Eating Steak". WTF? anywho you can have your own ideas but i agree with demon dont come on here and bash the car when you have the engine they use and were many people who love these cars hang out, your just asking for it.
thanks for taking my fourm WAY THE HELL OFF TOPIC!!!, well iam done Peace.
Supra was much better looking. T/A was nice, but that color was so damn ugly.

BTW, sorry for the off topic. Domestic Demon likes to come one here talking a bunch of stupid **** and always throws threads off-topic.

Quick Reply: 96 Chevy K1500 stock smokes honda