Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96 Chevy K1500 stock smokes honda

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006 | 01:10 AM
Teching In

Talking 96 Chevy K1500 stock smokes honda

Hello nice to meet yall iam new to the fourm, iam in the process of getting a 00 T/A WS6 but for now i have a 96 K1500 vortech. anywho to the kill.

Well me and my buddies were in the parking lot just BSin when this black civic pulls up and he is reving up and **** and cherping the tires. well my one buddy knows him and calls him over. when asked what he was doing, he said looking for a race i told him "hell ill race you in my truck" i hate hondas. well he pops his hood and from what i could see he has a full exhaust system, headers, cold air intake, and its turboed. i thought there is no way my truck will run with him.but oh well, so we head to the little road we race on. were getting ready and he barks them so i warm mine up and i had one hell of a burn out, so we get ready and when the flagger dropped his hands i jumped on him hard and got a 5 car lead tell 75 then let off. he pulled up and said he missed thrid so we raced agian this time got him by two car lengths. he pulled up and asked, what i had in my truck to make it so fast, and i said a 350! Oh that pissed him off and he blew out of there.

now i was shocked my truck did so well, all i have is a flowmaster MUFFLER, and a K&N AIR FILTER. and i beat a honda who had to have at least 5 grand in his car pretty good for a 6600 pound truck
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:17 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FireChicken2000
Hello nice to meet yall iam new to the fourm, iam in the process of getting a 00 T/A WS6 but for now i have a 96 K1500 vortech. anywho to the kill.

Well me and my buddies were in the parking lot just BSin when this black civic pulls up and he is reving up and **** and cherping the tires. well my one buddy knows him and calls him over. when asked what he was doing, he said looking for a race i told him "hell ill race you in my truck" i hate hondas. well he pops his hood and from what i could see he has a full exhaust system, headers, cold air intake, and its turboed. i thought there is no way my truck will run with him.but oh well, so we head to the little road we race on. were getting ready and he barks them so i warm mine up and i had one hell of a burn out, so we get ready and when the flagger dropped his hands i jumped on him hard and got a 5 car lead tell 75 then let off. he pulled up and said he missed thrid so we raced agian this time got him by two car lengths. he pulled up and asked, what i had in my truck to make it so fast, and i said a 350! Oh that pissed him off and he blew out of there.

now i was shocked my truck did so well, all i have is a flowmaster MUFFLER, and a K&N AIR FILTER. and i beat a honda who had to have at least 5 grand in his car pretty good for a 6600 pound truck

So the civic had headers and a turbo?

Here we go...

A turbo on the slowest damn Honda would still beat your truck. At 6-7 PSI with a small trurbo on a D16 the damn Honda should make 170 whp, enough to pull that truck silly. If this happened, guess is either dude can't drive or... I don't know. And I have a feeling that would be what you ran, since that is the slowest possible car to run. And that kit is about $2500, no where close to 5 grand unless he had some gay **** on the car and subs and ****.

Again, I do not like Civics, but I know the facts, and I know how fast the Vortec trucks are. My dad has a 2002 2500 HD 6 Liter with an intake and exhaust, and my friends H22 Civic pulls me pretty hard, probably 8-10 cars to 100 where it cuts off.
Old 07-20-2006 | 10:33 AM
Teching In

Belive what you want but ive never lied about racing my truck has had its *** kicked many times, by multiple vehicles. but iam not making it up and as for 5 grand i ment extior and under the hood sorry i didnt clarify. but it happened and ive got witness. and for your dads 6.0 they are a pulling truck my cousin has one and i smoke him all day in races, very nice truck though. as for vortech trucks my dads 5.3 is very fast slitely faster than mine. this story is true and i would not have took the time to wright it down in here if it wasnt and who nows mabye he cant drive but iam just telling you what happened.

Oh and by the way thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 07-20-2006 | 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Belive what you want but ive never lied about racing my truck has had its *** kicked many times, by multiple vehicles. but iam not making it up and as for 5 grand i ment extior and under the hood sorry i didnt clarify. but it happened and ive got witness. and for your dads 6.0 they are a pulling truck my cousin has one and i smoke him all day in races, very nice truck though. as for vortech trucks my dads 5.3 is very fast slitely faster than mine. this story is true and i would not have took the time to wright it down in here if it wasnt and who nows mabye he cant drive but iam just telling you what happened.

Oh and by the way thanks for the warm welcome!

Don't get me wrong, I believe you, just a wierd story. If it had aftermaket headers it wouldn't have a turbo. It would have a turbo manifold maybe... And about the 5 grand that is fine, I thought you meant under the hood. Any more info on the car? Like what motor, how much boost, etc.?

BTW, Welcome to the coolest section of LS1tech.com! A bunch of people talk **** here.
Old 07-20-2006 | 11:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LSINA7
So the civic had headers and a turbo?

Here we go...

A turbo on the slowest damn Honda would still beat your truck. At 6-7 PSI with a small trurbo on a D16 the damn Honda should make 170 whp, enough to pull that truck silly. If this happened, guess is either dude can't drive or... I don't know. And I have a feeling that would be what you ran, since that is the slowest possible car to run. And that kit is about $2500, no where close to 5 grand unless he had some gay **** on the car and subs and ****.

Again, I do not like Civics, but I know the facts, and I know how fast the Vortec trucks are. My dad has a 2002 2500 HD 6 Liter with an intake and exhaust, and my friends H22 Civic pulls me pretty hard, probably 8-10 cars to 100 where it cuts off.
So you weren't even there, you don't even know the car he raced nor his truck, and you're going to explain, in detail, how it never happened??

First off, a 96 K1500 is much lighter than your Dad's 2500HD Silverado. We're talking about 4500lbs, with a 5.7L 255HP V8. Thats not a bad HP/Weight ratio at all.

Second of all, you don't know how much boost the Civic was pushing, nor what engine he had. Ricers are morons, for all you know the thing was tuned like crap and had the wrong size turbo on it.

Civics are pieces of ****, and turboing one is pointless. All you're doing is polishing a turd. I don't doubt that he beat that piece of ****, I just find it funny how you think you know everything about it and claim that it never happened.
Old 07-20-2006 | 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
So you weren't even there, you don't even know the car he raced nor his truck, and you're going to explain, in detail, how it never happened??

First off, a 96 K1500 is much lighter than your Dad's 2500HD Silverado. We're talking about 4500lbs, with a 5.7L 255HP V8. Thats not a bad HP/Weight ratio at all.

Second of all, you don't know how much boost the Civic was pushing, nor what engine he had. Ricers are morons, for all you know the thing was tuned like crap and had the wrong size turbo on it.

Civics are pieces of ****, and turboing one is pointless. All you're doing is polishing a turd. I don't doubt that he beat that piece of ****, I just find it funny how you think you know everything about it and claim that it never happened.
As you can see I explained I did believe him, it was just a wierd story. I know the truck is much lighter, but the 6 L also makes more power. For the civic to be THAT slow, it would have been a bolt-on turbo kit, which doesn't require hardly any tuning at all. I agree that "ricers" are morons. You make fun of the sorry ones, but yet don't care about the fast ones.

I used to be like you. I used to own a Z28, intake and exhaust. I was a bad *** with a V8 and I owned ricers. But, I was beat every single time I raced. 3 ******* Hondas. Mind you I can drive failry well. I got beat by this huge POS civic hatch in my first race. They had spent $3200 on this thing. It was a built B16a with nitrous. Sounded like *** but he pulled me. I would have passed him had we went any further. I was also beat in my next race by a Nitrous RSX. He had all bolt-ons and a 75 shot. Next I got topped by a a turbo Civic that looked really nice. I had nothing "rice" on it. Nice wheels, nice paint, pretty car. Hell I don't like the looks of Civics. But this was was nice. I would have drove it. He proceeded to whip my ***. He pulled me so hard from a dig he made me look stupid. After that, I showed respect whether they have spent money or not who gives a ****. If it looks like *** maybe thats what they want.

If you think that is polishing a turd, thats your opinion. But guess what. Those turds would whip your ***. Some people like being the underdog. If someone has an import, you automatically say, "RICER" whether they are or not. Grow up.
Old 07-20-2006 | 02:40 PM
Teching In

hey i dont want to arguee or cause ****, this truck is very light for a truck and yes it has a 5.7 L i got it from a guy who had told me had put the conversion kit, that has the dircet injection like the new 5.3 Ls and such, i forgot to tell u it wasnt TBI but to me its still pretty much stock, and if you look at the number we were probly pretty close in weight ratio and i have 373 gears which makes this truck jump hard off the line it has very quick jump 0-40 and then its still an even climb all the way. ive also be a 89 supra that was turboed from factory which was a POS all SHOW NO GO. the honda i dont know what motor i know it wasnt a vtech but i know what i saw the was a turbo and it had headers i do know what they look like iam not a idiot. and i know many people do talk **** but iam not one of them. nice to meet you guys
Old 07-20-2006 | 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

hey i dont want to arguee or cause ****, this truck is very light for a truck and yes it has a 5.7 L i got it from a guy who had told me had put the conversion kit, that has the dircet injection like the new 5.3 Ls and such, i forgot to tell u it wasnt TBI but to me its still pretty much stock, and if you look at the number we were probly pretty close in weight ratio and i have 373 gears which makes this truck jump hard off the line it has very quick jump 0-40 and then its still an even climb all the way. ive also be a 89 supra that was turboed from factory which was a POS all SHOW NO GO. the honda i dont know what motor i know it wasnt a vtech but i know what i saw the was a turbo and it had headers i do know what they look like iam not a idiot. and i know many people do talk **** but iam not one of them. nice to meet you guys
Sounds good. I was just letting you know even the slowest turbo civic should be faster than the truck. I believe you beat him. You had more mods than said too... Good kill!
Old 07-20-2006 | 05:26 PM
Teching In

Good kill although I see some people don't agree! Not surprising to see tubro Honda's go down. I'll agree that most Honda's are slow even turbo ones's, there some here and there that are surprising and will get my respect unfortunately not this one. Good kill once again!
Old 07-20-2006 | 05:52 PM
Banned

Well me and my buddies were in the parking lot just BSin when this black civic pulls up and he is reving up and **** and cherping the tires...
Thats all you needed to say... We can usually figure out the rest.

BTW, Welcome to the coolest section of LS1tech.com! A bunch of people talk **** here.
What are you talkin about...? I run 9's

Old 07-20-2006 | 06:20 PM
Launching!

Anything can happen on the street. I dont know anything about the truck, but I do know people can spend a lot of $$ and go nowhere with forced induction projects if they are not careful.

I remember this old Si that some guys down the street were working on. They managed to get some old T25 on it etc. Anyway, they ragged on that car mercilessly It was blowing white smoke all the time. Told them it looked like it was buring coolant. Duh. Pretty soon the car was not buzzing up and down the street at full throttle anymore LOL. Guess they did not listen to me.....

I can beleive your story man. Who knows what that thing has. What matters is that you were basicly an underdog on that race going by the wieght your carrying, and you stil won. Nice kill. Now go get the TA. You will get bored with the races that used to be a challenge
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by burnzilla
What are you talkin about...? I run 9's

What are you talking about, you run 9's? I'm confused.
Old 07-20-2006 | 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Anything can happen on the street. I dont know anything about the truck, but I do know people can spend a lot of $$ and go nowhere with forced induction projects if they are not careful.

I remember this old Si that some guys down the street were working on. They managed to get some old T25 on it etc. Anyway, they ragged on that car mercilessly It was blowing white smoke all the time. Told them it looked like it was buring coolant. Duh. Pretty soon the car was not buzzing up and down the street at full throttle anymore LOL. Guess they did not listen to me.....

I can beleive your story man. Who knows what that thing has. What matters is that you were basicly an underdog on that race going by the wieght your carrying, and you stil won. Nice kill. Now go get the TA. You will get bored with the races that used to be a challenge

I don't why anyone would put a T25 on anything. I have saw some people do that on Honda's, but WTF? This guy not too far from me put a H22 in his Civic, with a full-exhaust and a T-25. At 6lbs., it made 203 whp and hit full boost at 2600 RPMS. I asked him WTF the point in that was? My friends bolt-on H22 made 181. 6 lbs. for 22 hp and he would hit full boost just driving down the road! I guess I forgot some people are just stupid.
Old 07-20-2006 | 08:08 PM
Banned

What are you talking about, you run 9's? I'm confused.
You need to read the whole thread.
The 'rolleyes' means I was being sarcastic.
It was in response to someone else...

And youre sig is funny... Dont you have an LS1 in that Mazda?
And you said full weight? What do they weigh... 2800 pnds?
Notice im not f*cking with you, just asking questions... Sounds like a cool car.
Old 07-20-2006 | 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

You need to read the whole thread.
The 'rolleyes' means I was being sarcastic.
It was in response to someone else...

And youre sig is funny... Dont you have an LS1 in that Mazda?
And you said full weight? What do they weigh... 2800 pnds?
Notice im not f*cking with you, just asking questions... Sounds like a cool car.
Yeah, LS1 in the Mazda. Yep, full weight is around 2925 w/ gas. Stock weight is around 2800 lbs. The LS1 actually made my car lose weight, well I guess the lost exhaust parts and other things helped.
Old 07-20-2006 | 11:54 PM
Banned

I used to be like you. I used to own a Z28, intake and exhaust. I was a bad *** with a V8 and I owned ricers. But, I was beat every single time I raced. 3 ******* Hondas. Mind you I can drive failry well. I got beat by this huge POS civic hatch in my first race. They had spent $3200 on this thing. It was a built B16a with nitrous. Sounded like *** but he pulled me. I would have passed him had we went any further. I was also beat in my next race by a Nitrous RSX. He had all bolt-ons and a 75 shot. Next I got topped by a a turbo Civic that looked really nice. I had nothing "rice" on it. Nice wheels, nice paint, pretty car. Hell I don't like the looks of Civics. But this was was nice. I would have drove it. He proceeded to whip my ***. He pulled me so hard from a dig he made me look stupid. After that, I showed respect whether they have spent money or not who gives a ****. If it looks like *** maybe thats what they want.
Interesting, but that sounds like an exaggeration. I've never been beaten by any import, let alone a Honda. Not saying there aren't fast imports, but in my area, 90% of import drivers are stupid ricers.

If you think that is polishing a turd, thats your opinion. But guess what. Those turds would whip your ***. Some people like being the underdog. If someone has an import, you automatically say, "RICER" whether they are or not. Grow up.
Grow up?? Why, because I voiced my opinion and you don't agree?? Modifying a piece of **** car to be fast makes it just that, a fast piece of ****. Pointless.

And even if I ever did get beat by a 'b17 Type R Swap JDM nitrous turbo superfartcan CXR hatch' I would still just laugh. Because I'd still be driving a Trans Am, and he'd still be driving a riced out piece of garbage that looks and sounds like something out of a junkyard. Anyone who dumps thousands of dollars into a piece of **** car to make it fast (i.e., any Honda hatch) is a straight up dumbass.
Old 07-21-2006 | 07:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Interesting, but that sounds like an exaggeration. I've never been beaten by any import, let alone a Honda. Not saying there aren't fast imports, but in my area, 90% of import drivers are stupid ricers.

Grow up?? Why, because I voiced my opinion and you don't agree?? Modifying a piece of **** car to be fast makes it just that, a fast piece of ****. Pointless.

And even if I ever did get beat by a 'b17 Type R Swap JDM nitrous turbo superfartcan CXR hatch' I would still just laugh. Because I'd still be driving a Trans Am, and he'd still be driving a riced out piece of garbage that looks and sounds like something out of a junkyard. Anyone who dumps thousands of dollars into a piece of **** car to make it fast (i.e., any Honda hatch) is a straight up dumbass.
Whatever you want to think man. Not arguing with you anymore. Got better **** to do. Your mind is set in stone. But there are a lot of imports that would whip your *** AND look better doing it. Good day.
Old 07-21-2006 | 01:00 PM
Banned

Whatever you want to think man. Not arguing with you anymore. Got better **** to do. Your mind is set in stone. But there are a lot of imports that would whip your *** AND look better doing it. Good day.
Atleast thier not sporting an american engine
Old 07-21-2006 | 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Atleast thier not sporting an american engine
Haha. Some are though.
Old 07-21-2006 | 10:44 PM
On The Tree

wow this dude thread got fucked up.

Anyways....

I raced a newer civic SI with header,exhaust and intake. I put 6 lengths on him in a 1/4 mile. mind you I have some stuff done to my truck, and moregoin in next week. but I dont think your "slower" 96 could put that much on a turboed civic. Hell at the track I get beat by them, and accords(turboed) too. if you were luck and he had a shitty combo you could have put mabye a length on it.

*I dont know about this "conversion" you were talking about...the 96 vortec never had tbi....none of the vortecs do. Its just a vortec and it is a lot different than a gen III ls based engine.

Im not saying you didnt beat him, but I do know your truck probably runs high 17's in the 1/4. and your Dad's hd runs high 16's, just for reference. You should come over to Performancetrucks.net, a lot of cool guys over there too and we are all truck guys.

Quick Reply: 96 Chevy K1500 stock smokes honda