Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

vette,911turbo,nsx-r,evo7, ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 03:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea yea we all know that they are light.

i actually think they are pretty cool little cars.

but c'mon that sig is pretty damn ridiculous
Old 08-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
yea yea we all know that they are light.

i actually think they are pretty cool little cars.

but c'mon that sig is pretty damn ridiculous

I totally agree, I have told him two times that that sig has to go or he will keep catching crap.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1 jeff
I agree. This 25psi guy is the same guy that posted a video of an LT1 camaro getting whacked by a 350Z by like 10 cars and thinks that all 350Z vs LT1 races will go down like that.
That, and his f'in SMUGNESS reminds me of the a$$hole Poopra owners over on the old LS1.com site, waaay back in the day. Granted, some of them were uber cool, but the ones that were $h!theads seem the same as this importee. (Maybe he was on there with a different screen name??)
I left that site since nothing was ever done about them, and I got sick and tired of hearing nothing but GM/domestic bashing on an LSxx board (if I wanted that I'd go over to BITOG and listen to all of those putzes rave about their POS refridgerator on wheels sludge pig Camrys). I, however, am NOT GOING TO LEAVE THIS SITE because of 25 and his ilk!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Says the guy whos TT 350Z lost to a cam/header SS BTW a stock Z51 C6 6-speed with good tires would run with all of those cars, any Z06 would beat them all, the only vette that might lose to those cars was the one you posted in this thread, and ALOT of that had to do with the rolling stones the vette had for tires, throw some decent rubber on that z51 c5 and it would be right there, only car that should really be faster would be the 911TT which is near 3x more than a base C5, and maybe the skyline, not bad for a base model 45k chevy

I don't necessarily agree with the videos or what 25 psi says ever, but comparing all base model cars is a true comparison. If you say why not use a Z06, it would wipe all those cars out, then you have to step up the other cars models too. Let me see that Z06 wipe out a Z-tune Skyline, which is the same as a Z06, an upgrade of the car.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 25psi
If it will make you feel better, I'll give you a couple of wins. O btw, you might need to spray a 200 shot next.

PS. Lets run the deuce tonight with your 100 shot.
100 huh, ok. I don't want none of that MR2, but Hassan will when his car gets back. Let me know when that 350Z is done, the SS is ready to roll.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dailydriver
That, and his f'in SMUGNESS reminds me of the a$$hole Poopra owners over on the old LS1.com site, waaay back in the day. Granted, some of them were uber cool, but the ones that were $h!theads seem the same as this importee. (Maybe he was on there with a different screen name??)
I left that site since nothing was ever done about them, and I got sick and tired of hearing nothing but GM/domestic bashing on an LSxx board (if I wanted that I'd go over to BITOG and listen to all of those putzes rave about their POS refridgerator on wheels sludge pig Camrys). I, however, am NOT GOING TO LEAVE THIS SITE because of 25 and his ilk!!!
Take this guy with a laugh. He obviously has something to prove or just has plenty of time on his hands. I would never go over to an import site and try to prove my car or domestics in general are better. People all have there own taste and I respect that. Plus I happen to like and respect many of the foreign cars, but I am a GM guy at heart so thats what I drive.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I don't necessarily agree with the videos or what 25 psi says ever, but comparing all base model cars is a true comparison. If you say why not use a Z06, it would wipe all those cars out, then you have to step up the other cars models too. Let me see that Z06 wipe out a Z-tune Skyline, which is the same as a Z06, an upgrade of the car.
Good point, but a stock C5 is not going to do very well on a tight race course because of the tires it comes with. Its like a handicap. The other cars in this test have much better rubber. Thats why this test is a joke. Somebody else that has driven a C5 with the stock runflats please step in.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 25psi
LOL ^ what he said.
Basically you believe anything you hear, especially when its an obviously biased source. That basically means your young and stupid. You'll grow up one day and realize you can't believe everything you see/hear.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about the tooth fairy?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

juror
what does modded v8 mean?
sounds like a line from F&F

I BE SURPRISING MODDED V8'S YO!
WIF MA 300 AN' CHANGE WHP AN 2 BILL'S A' TOKE, CUZ!
THEY JUS' DON'T NO'
Old 08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Good point, but a stock C5 is not going to do very well on a tight race course because of the tires it comes with. Its like a handicap. The other cars in this test have much better rubber. Thats why this test is a joke. Somebody else that has driven a C5 with the stock runflats please step in.
I can't see the video, so I don't know which cars are stepped up in rubber and whatnot... Just pointing out what I have read. If they come with better rubber stock, then they just get that as a heping hand. If they ugraded the tires, then all should be equal. You always need a control in an experiment.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like how there's a bajillion different reasons on here why the imports still rule. Price its price they're all cheaper and they beat the vette. The new Skyline is 85k that's not cheap. My mom's ex who owns a company in Japan has an R34 an paid over well over 45k. Also the NSX is more expensive than the vette too, the only "cheap" car on there was the EVO. I dont care how fast the evo is, I wouldnt buy one over the Vette. No one ***** ugly chicks for their personalities so why drive an ugly car for its quirks. If you're gonna bitch about C6 Z06 blah blah then they step up to a Z tune. Check out the Nurrenburg numbers if you care that much. Also I hate when people compare cars they dont own or could never own. I dont know how many times Ive heard "If I had an R34 Id toast you."
Old 08-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Teching In

I dont know how many times Ive heard "If I had an R34 Id toast you."[/QUOTE]

never heard that one, all I ever hear is if I had a C6 Z06 Id smoke ya.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

At least the guy driving the Vette give it kudos and say it's a fun car that he's impressed with. I'm not butt hurt or anything when I see that it gets last, because there are just better cars out there. The Vette is a great car for it's money though, and there's no denying it. That little Evo puts up a hell of a fight though, good for it. Those drivers all had a ton of skill too. Interesting that the Ferrari did so bad though, even though they are generally top-speed machines.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Runflats are not made for performance. The C5 was not made to own anything and everything in 100% stock condition. It was made to do a damn good job considering it has tires that can get you home at 0 pressure. It's the same thing at the dragstrip. It needs decent rubber to be able to use the potential of the car. Thats by no means an excuse, all I'm saying is if your going to use street tires, race on the street. If your going to the track, use some better tires for racing.

You ricer fans crack me up. Even if the Evo, or some other gay pos were to beat a much better car, your still in a pos ricer. Thats like me taking a C5 or C6 and beating a lambo or ferrari. It may cost a fortune more, but you have to be able to recognize a better car when you see one. Take a step back and look at a ricer and a vette. Go drive them both, then make your decision. If you choose the ricer at this point, good for you. You were meant for each other.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Avalanche
I like how there's a bajillion different reasons on here why the imports still rule. Price its price they're all cheaper and they beat the vette. The new Skyline is 85k that's not cheap. My mom's ex who owns a company in Japan has an R34 an paid over well over 45k. Also the NSX is more expensive than the vette too, the only "cheap" car on there was the EVO. I dont care how fast the evo is, I wouldnt buy one over the Vette. No one ***** ugly chicks for their personalities so why drive an ugly car for its quirks. If you're gonna bitch about C6 Z06 blah blah then they step up to a Z tune. Check out the Nurrenburg numbers if you care that much. Also I hate when people compare cars they dont own or could never own. I dont know how many times Ive heard "If I had an R34 Id toast you."
The new skyline is 85K??? You mean the one not out yet that noone really has any idea about? An R34 is Japan is NOT that expensive. Why should we look at "Nurburgring" numbers? You will see most of those cars ahead of the Corvettes... I mean I love Corvettes. But really. Also, if I wanted a Skyline, I could get one. Not really into the overdone Japanese "King of the Streets". There cool, but they are family cars.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
I dont know how many times Ive heard "If I had an R34 Id toast you."

never heard that one, all I ever hear is if I had a C6 Z06 Id smoke ya. [/QUOTE]

Tell me about your "1995 #003 Hennessey Dodge Viper", I'm not 100% familiar with them. What does it consist of?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
You ricer fans crack me up. Even if the Evo, or some other gay pos were to beat a much better car, your still in a pos ricer. Thats like me taking a C5 or C6 and beating a lambo or ferrari. It may cost a fortune more, but you have to be able to recognize a better car when you see one. Take a step back and look at a ricer and a vette. Go drive them both, then make your decision. If you choose the ricer at this point, good for you. You were meant for each other.
I don't like EVO's, but gay POS? Don't you think you are going overboard? And I know you aren't trying to say that a Corvette is better than a Ferrari or Lambo, or did I misinterpret that? Again, I like Corvette's, but there are "ricer" cars that can beat them stock to stock in every category. Can't believe you would still call it a POS...
Old 08-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
never heard that one, all I ever hear is if I had a C6 Z06 Id smoke ya.
Tell me about your "1995 #003 Hennessey Dodge Viper", I'm not 100% familiar with them. What does it consist of?[/QUOTE]

www.google.com

http://dodgevipers.tenmagazines.com/hm550.html

How is that relevant?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Teching In

You ricer fans crack me up. Even if the Evo, or some other gay pos were to beat a much better car, your still in a pos ricer. Thats like me taking a C5 or C6 and beating a lambo or ferrari. It may cost a fortune more, but you have to be able to recognize a better car when you see one. Take a step back and look at a ricer and a vette. Go drive them both, then make your decision. If you choose the ricer at this point, good for you. You were meant for each other. [/QUOTE]

I LOVE IT!!!!

Go read the cobalt vs. NSX thread!!! This EXACT statment, except in reverse order caught me all kinds of crap.

Ill keep saying it, everyone here uses circular resoning.

This one is great.