Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

vette,911turbo,nsx-r,evo7, ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
I don't like EVO's, but gay POS? Don't you think you are going overboard? And I know you aren't trying to say that a Corvette is better than a Ferrari or Lambo, or did I misinterpret that? Again, I like Corvette's, but there are "ricer" cars that can beat them stock to stock in every category. Can't believe you would still call it a POS...
I'm saying the Lambo/Ferrari is a better vehicle than the vette. Just because the vette is cheaper, and even it did win, that wouldn't make it so wonderful. People think everything is about numbers. What are the specs! What does the magazine say! What do the dumbass japanese people say! How about the vehicle itself? Looks, sound, style, performance, comfort, sophistication, ect. Theres a lot to it.

Just out of curiousity, what made you choose a 1988 RX7 with an LS1 over a camaro, transam, or vette with an LS1? Was it all about the price?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

The cars competing are above and beyond a C5 Z51 which would be wearing RUN FLAT tires if it was stock.
In all fairness a Z06 should have been used. The C5 Z51@55k is WAY overpriced if purchased domestically. The 55k I would imagine is what it would cost in Japan so I guess that's kosher.

I cannot say if the Z06 would have won overall on that track but it certainly would have been competitive considering the numbers and comparisons I have seen previously.

Try the exact same race on a track like Laguna Seca or Road America and the outcome would be different. Certain cars and their setups are better or worse at different tracks.

Cool vid by the way. The drivers were pretty solid.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Tell me about your "1995 #003 Hennessey Dodge Viper", I'm not 100% familiar with them. What does it consist of?

www.google.com

http://dodgevipers.tenmagazines.com/hm550.html

How is that relevant?[/QUOTE]

It was just a question. Why are you getting defensive? Something to hide? You can't just tell me a little about your setup?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
It was just a question. Why are you getting defensive? Something to hide? You can't just tell me a little about your setup? [/QUOTE]

?????

PM me, I would be happy to send you a pic or two, and tell you a little more about it, just off topic I thought.

I am happy to chat with anyone about it, I have sent a few pics to a few guys interested in vipers. I just don't want to come off like some "show off" or something, thats all.

Last edited by CTSVSL65AMG; 08-11-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Teching In

What do the dumbass japanese people say!

I am sorry, I didn't realize we were attacking peoples ethnicity.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

What do the dumbass japanese people say!

I am sorry, I didn't realize we were attacking peoples ethnicity.
why even start that?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
why even start that?

Who me????

I didn't say it, he did?!?!?!

My wife is 50% japenese...

Are you actually defending such a statement???
Old 08-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I'm saying the Lambo/Ferrari is a better vehicle than the vette. Just because the vette is cheaper, and even it did win, that wouldn't make it so wonderful. People think everything is about numbers. What are the specs! What does the magazine say! What do the dumbass japanese people say! How about the vehicle itself? Looks, sound, style, performance, comfort, sophistication, ect. Theres a lot to it.

Just out of curiousity, what made you choose a 1988 RX7 with an LS1 over a camaro, transam, or vette with an LS1? Was it all about the price?
I don't know really. Not the price... I had a 2000 Z28 and a 1993 Mazda RX-7 FD, and then I sold the Z28 to get a big truck, and my FD burned down... I didn't like the Camaro a lot. Just felt like a pig to me... I mean it looked good, and drove good. Just wasn't my thing. Then I bought a Camry and had the truck, but I needed something fast.

So I decided to do a LS1 swap RX-7, and I was going to do another FD, but I found a Turbo II for $600 and thought it looked good. They have the stronger parts, so it would be easy to make fast. I have always loved RX-7's... But now it is boring me also, and I really want something nicer to drive to school and work... I don't need the truck either... So I might either get a Z06 or a Viper... I never thought I would get another GM product, but a Z06 would be nice, ok gas mileage, and has a little power.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 PM
On The Tree

Who me????

I didn't say it, he did?!?!?!

My wife is 50% japenese...

Are you actually defending such a statement???
i'm not defending anything.

just that whenever stuff like this get brought to the forefront of the thread, it turns into a real pissing match real quickly.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Teching In

then maybe **** like that shouldnt be said??????
Old 08-11-2006, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

i agree, nothing about the japAnese or anyone else
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Teching In

ok back to our regularly scheduled arguing ;-)